PDA

View Full Version : Mounting options for Bitspower Dual Top (D5)

SoMBrA
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Hello :shocked:

I'm a bit confused about how to mount Bitspower Dual Top POM (D5), i couldn't find much builds around with that top, and it was really hard to see how they were fit into the case.

AFAIK, the only mounting option is use 2 holes that are drilled on both sides (left/right) and there is no chance to fix it using the bottom of the Top..
I'm also planing use "dressing kit" from BP for the pumps aswell (they are compatible no prob there!)

I was planing on using the Dual Acrylic (link (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bidud5modtop1.html)) and i think they are exactly the same, but still confused :confused:

I have plenty of space, so it is not a problem, but im searching for a good mounting solution.

Any tips/advice?
Thanks.

Utnorris
04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
I believe it is designed to go into a 5 1/4" bay using the dual screws on each side. Otherwise you could get two UN mounts and attach one on each side to create a stand for it.

DarthBeavis
04-21-2011, 09:06 AM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9992/dscf0274d.jpg

SoMBrA
04-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I believe it is designed to go into a 5 1/4" bay using the dual screws on each side. Otherwise you could get two UN mounts and attach one on each side to create a stand for it.

I forgot to mention, that the mount is too wide to fit on a 5 1/4" bay!
Dimensions: 162x74.5x45.6 MM
At least is that what i read from a owner.

What are those "UN" mounts? If you could post a example that would really help!

How is that "fixed" Darth? Or it is just sitting on top of the ?PSU? (the pictures confuses me even more!)

DarthBeavis
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I forgot to mention, that the mount is too wide to fit on a 5 1/4" bay!
Dimensions: 162x74.5x45.6 MM
At least is that what i read from a owner.

What are those "UN" mounts? If you could post a example that would really help!

How is that "fixed" Darth? Or it is just sitting on top of the ?PSU? (the pictures confuses me even more!)attached to the psu

SoMBrA
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
attached to the psu

Drilled the bottom and fixed with screws?
If you could tell me how you did, that could be my mounting option, thanks in advance.

DarthBeavis
04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Drilled the bottom and fixed with screws?
If you could tell me how you did, that could be my mounting option, thanks in advance.

use the holes in the top as a template -drilled holes in psu top and used screws to attach it. I think the screws are M3 or M4

SoMBrA
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
use the holes in the top as a template -drilled holes in psu top and used screws to attach it. I think the screws are M3 or M4

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!
How do you like the Bitspower Dual Top? I was thinking Bitspower or EK, but if I choose EK i will not be able to mount "Dressing" kit... choices!

DarthBeavis
04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!
How do you like the Bitspower Dual Top? I was thinking Bitspower or EK, but if I choose EK i will not be able to mount "Dressing" kit... choices!

Its a great top performs well