PDA

View Full Version : Have a question about this

Attitudx
08-30-2002, 05:52 AM
Motherboard (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2049993591)

Just wondering if this would be a good system to upgrade to?
xp1700 and right now could problalby pick up for about 50 bucks I think

Hardass
08-30-2002, 06:48 AM
I don,t know about mobo, but I have that case. First it is a cheap case, by that I mean built cheap. When you mount fans on the door, you have to lay case on it,s side to put door back on. The door is so thin it warps when you have 2 fans on it. Which leads to second point to many fan holes. 1 door has 4 fan holes, 1 fan hole on top, other door has 2 fan holes. That,s my 2c on the case. I use it for a folder which I don,t have to work on so door doesn,t matter.

Attitudx
08-30-2002, 07:55 AM
lol cool that is what I was thinking about the case as well. I was looking for something to upgrade to cheap xp way. one way to look at it the thing is cooled LOL

Tweaked!
08-30-2002, 08:23 AM
In my opinion, that isn't too bad a deal if you get it anywhere's around 50 bucks or so, at least you can say it all came for less than the cost of a xp1700 at Newegg...
That Mobo is nothing more than a oem board, so don't look for too many options in the bios. But as long as it does it's job, then you'll be able to produce for team xtreme ;)
All in all, I'd do it for that kinda price..,
Just watch out for some of those ebay sellers, they make the product pricing very appealing, then ream ya good for shipping.

Attitudx
08-30-2002, 08:35 AM
yeah i am nots sure what shipping would cost but for 92 bucks i thnk it wouldnt still be bad shipped and all. But I want some bios stuff i guess. I know plenty about networking internet and some hardware, I want to learn more, this place got me hooked and now my wife hates me LOL and my wallet really hates me. I want more stuff. Shame on you guys LOL

Tweaked!
08-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Know exactly what you mean, I just splurged a little too far Tuesday and spent $950.00 on parts to complete my duallie. :( :)
The wife really had a cow! And my wallet isn't anything but cow hide now.... But I'm a happy camper! :)
Just look at the combo like this, even if it's generic case, psu, board, etc... it's still a good start, then all you have to do is replace one item at a time with products that you really like and not have to be rushed. You'll be able to do extensive research on those items and maybe even score decent stuff from the classifieds. I've had d*mn good luck that way so far. :)

Attitudx
08-30-2002, 09:39 AM
coolios thanks

Hardass
08-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Tweaked, explains things so good!;)

sjohnson
08-30-2002, 09:58 AM
That motherboard appears to be a PCChips M810LR, identical to the K7S5A. Get CPUFSB or SpeedFan, as well as the K7S5A O/C BIOS and you could be one of the lucky ones to run it at 166 FSB. I was :)

Unfortunately, you'll need to bridge-paint and/or cut to set the mult and volts. More info at the ECS forums at ocworkbench.com or http://pub65.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum .

Smizack
08-30-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by chylde
yeah i am nots sure what shipping would cost ...

Shipping Methods (B1) S/H Fee
FedEx Ground to 48 US Continental States $42.00
FedEx 2 Day Air to 48 US Continental States $58.00
USPS Priority Mail to APO/FPO/PO BOX/HI/AK/PR $62.00
USPS AirMail to Canada (Duty not included) $64.00

Pretty high if you ask me.

Attitudx
09-02-2002, 04:59 AM
LOL that is why I am not bidding on it :) nice avatar

Smizack
09-03-2002, 09:01 PM
LOL that is why I am not bidding on it :) nice avatar

You likes huh?

Yeah, that's why I hate ebay. They jack you on the shipping prices. Punks!

Attitudx
09-04-2002, 04:47 AM
I just won two 80 X 80 X 25 mm Standard Size for Any Kind of Case FREE 80mm Fan Grill w/4 chrome screws blinking red led lights for 99 cents a piece but because I dont wanna get ridiculed I am not saying what I payed for shipping.

Tweaked!
09-04-2002, 05:12 AM
I just won two 80 X 80 X 25 mm Standard Size for Any Kind of Case FREE 80mm Fan Grill w/4 chrome screws blinking red led lights for 99 cents a piece but because I dont wanna get ridiculed I am not saying what I payed for shipping.

Yep, that's exactly what Smizack was saying. There's a few on Ebay that are reasonable with shipping, but the majority of the sellers let you think you're getting a good deal by offering a low price, but they make their profit on the shipping. A 1 pound product shippied almost anywhere in the 48 continuous state shouldn't cost no more than $3.50. I can send up to 5 pounds from here in Ohio to Calif for $4 - $4.50:)

Attitudx
09-04-2002, 08:24 AM
yeah I have noticed that with the shipping. the fans for shipping was higher than 4.50 but i needed them and it was a quick solution. Most single case fans are like 10 bucks or better apiece I paid alittle more than that for 2 so I think i did ok

Tweaked!
09-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Here ya go, check this place out....
http://nexfan.com/