PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good place to mount a pump?

zulu9812
04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi folks, I'm currently running 2 x DDC in an XSPC dual bay reservoir in a CM 690 II. It's a pain in the ass to fill: I have to have the reservoir in the lower bays so I can access the fill ports and that means taking out the drives in the above bays every time I need access (no fill port in the case roof). I'm thinking about switching to a single D5 and I need some advice about where to put it. I need to mount both the pump and a reservoir: not necessarily in the same spot.

m0r7if3r
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
have you considered something like a dangerden monsoon that will hold a d5? Or are you just moving away from bay reses in general?

NaeKuh
04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
usually the pump should be right b4 the res.
This way the pump is fed with water constantly.

So after res, and wherever your routing will be the easiest.

zulu9812
04-05-2011, 03:23 PM
have you considered something like a dangerden monsoon that will hold a d5? Or are you just moving away from bay reses in general?

Well, that depends. The fill port for my current res sits right beneath the edge of the top panel, so I can't get at it. If the fill port was further forward, I could access it by simply taking the case front panel off. If the fill port sat further back, I could access it via the cut-out in the top panel by taking off the plastic hood. The Monsoon's fill ports are at the side, aren't they? That means they're no good for that cut-out access, but they do seem to fit quite far forward. It might do, I guess it's difficult to tell. The problem is I think I can only get it from the States (I'm in the UK) so just buying it and finding out would be quite expensive.

Irocing
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Well, that depends. The fill port for my current res sits right beneath the edge of the top panel, so I can't get at it. If the fill port was further forward, I could access it by simply taking the case front panel off. If the fill port sat further back, I could access it via the cut-out in the top panel by taking off the plastic hood. The Monsoon's fill ports are at the side, aren't they? That means they're no good for that cut-out access, but they do seem to fit quite far forward. It might do, I guess it's difficult to tell. The problem is I think I can only get it from the States (I'm in the UK) so just buying it and finding out would be quite expensive.

Hi,

Can put the res anywhere above the pump, just use some brackets or
adapters to feed it.
Aluminum stock works great as easy to work with.;)

Pic:)

Later:D

SpuTnicK
04-06-2011, 12:21 AM
"Dinner is served"
nice candlestick :D

Irocing
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
"Dinner is served"
nice candlestick :D

Hi,

She overcooked the steaks again;)