PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Lazines!!!

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my latest Xtremeness, ;)

First, The initial setup was earlier this year when I was going to have several back surgeries and consequently much downtime that I wanted to spend on my PC. Sitting however is not very friendly to a bad back. So, prior to my first surgery I spun my desk around, put the monitor on top and slid a recliner under it.
Here's basically it before my new adventure
:D

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:02 PM
So, I got tired of squinting at this monitor that was about 5 ft. away when I was fully reclined. However, I really enjoyed leaning back in comfort as I played, or browsed with a cordless keyboard and mouse. The mouse by the way (optical) worked great on the arm of the chair. So, I decided I would make a monitor shelf to extend farther beyond the desk and a bit lower. Also I placed it in the corner so I could use the room for other things. Here's what it looked like:

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:02 PM
And with the PC

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:03 PM
And with the Chair:

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Now this version didn't last long. I had too much distant still from my lazy head and it was a lot higher than I wanted. Also, the desk was really just a complete waste of space and after farting with this I decided to totally revamp the entire project.

I flipped around the monitor stand I created and made it higher for shelving for my rig stuff. I also shortened the 2x12s so it matched the wall.

I then scrapped the desk, went and got a TV arm and this is what I cam up with! :banana:

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:08 PM
And this view:

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:09 PM
And finally this view: notice how much closer my lazy head is to the monitor.

kokoro_kara
01-17-2004, 10:13 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :toast: :toast: ;) ;) :bday: :bday: :YIPPIE: :eleph: :eleph: :hehe: :hehe: :bounce: :wave: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HOWS THAT FOR XTREME LAZINESS!!!!!!!!

Slickthellama
01-17-2004, 10:13 PM
you are my hero.....

sjohnson
01-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Where's the 'fridge :D :D :D

Total immersion is just around the corner!

kokoro_kara
01-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sjohnson
Where's the 'fridge :D :D :D

Total immersion is just around the corner!

Fridge is ready, just can't seem to motivate myself on getting rid of my Beer Cooler :D

PS. I hope that color works. My monitor just blew its red crt:rolleyes: