PDA

View Full Version : Unable to use 12GB of G.Skill RAM on BloodRage

Telo
03-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi, I just purchased a set of F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL from Newegg, and I cannot get it to work on a Foxconn BloodRage motherboard based PC. With one stick or two sticks installed it boots up fine [any combination of the 3 sticks], but once I place all three sticks it hangs at the POST screen. Any thoughts?

Here are the system's specs:

MB: Foxconn BloodRage
CPU: Intel i7 920 [no OC'ing]
PSU: KingWin 650w
RAM: F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
VGA: XFX nVidia GTS 250 1GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

Any insight will be greatly appreaciated.

GSKILL TECH
03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Have you tried them in other slots? Any other memory you can test with? If you continue to have a problem, send them in for RMA and see if a new kit works better.

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

Hi, I just purchased a set of F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL from Newegg, and I cannot get it to work on a Foxconn BloodRage motherboard based PC. With one stick or two sticks installed it boots up fine [any combination of the 3 sticks], but once I place all three sticks it hangs at the POST screen. Any thoughts?

Here are the system's specs:

MB: Foxconn BloodRage
CPU: Intel i7 920 [no OC'ing]
PSU: KingWin 650w
RAM: F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
VGA: XFX nVidia GTS 250 1GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

Any insight will be greatly appreaciated.

Telo
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Have you tried them in other slots? Any other memory you can test with? If you continue to have a problem, send them in for RMA and see if a new kit works better.

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

Got a reply from the Foxconn forum... it appears we need BIOS G44/P11 or above for 12GB to play with this particular board. Just two things though, I've had other brand with a 3x4GB set installed and worked fine :shrug:
And to top it off, they said from the jump that it supports 12GB of RAM; meanwhile we officially need release G44/P11 [2yrs after board realease] to get support for 12GB :down:

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: My mistake it was a 12GB kit, but 6x2GB and I only used 3 sticks of course.

GSKILL TECH
03-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Happens all the time, takes mobo companies a while to churn out a good BIOS. =/

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

Got a reply from the Foxconn forum... it appears we need BIOS G44/P11 or above for 12GB to play with this particular board. Just two things though, I've had other brand with a 3x4GB set installed and worked fine :shrug:
And to top it off, they said from the jump that it supports 12GB of RAM; meanwhile we officially need release G44/P11 [2yrs after board realease] to get support for 12GB :down:

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: My mistake it was a 12GB kit, but 6x2GB and I only used 3 sticks of course.