PDA

View Full Version : Defective Open Box, RMA Through Newegg or Asus

cityofglass88
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I purchased an Asus open box monitor nearly a year ago and has been running flawlessly. Running out of real estate constantly, I took advantage of the same monitor going open box again.

It just arrived about an hour ago, and it's a no go. Back light turns on, but no signal.

My question is, should I go through the RMA process with Newegg and pay $20 restocking fee to end with no monitor, or go through Asus and try to get is fixed/replaced for about $20 in shipping charges.

Any advice to help me choose between RMA processes would be greatly appreciated.

Peakr
03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
So newegg sells you something that doesn't work and you can't return it for a full refund? That doesn't sound right. Call you credit card company.

CedricFP
03-26-2011, 11:41 PM
So newegg sells you something that doesn't work and you can't return it for a full refund? That doesn't sound right. Call you credit card company.

Doesn't matter if he agreed to a TOS.

RedFang300
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I purchased an Asus open box monitor nearly a year ago and has been running flawlessly. Running out of real estate constantly, I took advantage of the same monitor going open box again.

It just arrived about an hour ago, and it's a no go. Back light turns on, but no signal.

My question is, should I go through the RMA process with Newegg and pay $20 restocking fee to end with no monitor, or go through Asus and try to get is fixed/replaced for about $20 in shipping charges.

Any advice to help me choose between RMA processes would be greatly appreciated.

Wait you but a open box monitor from Newegg? I'm not sure about open boxes, but I know if you got a "new" one you can normally ship it to them and get a replacement sent back.

This happened onces I got a new 30" monitor from newegg and it had a magnet burn in the center of the screen. I RMA'd it, shipping it back cost me money, but I found out newegg tried to screw me on the shipping saying the monitor was 50lbs, but the scale at the post office said 32lbs. I called them out on this and they refunded all of the S&H I ever spent on it. :D

So if you do RMA it back, put everything back in the box and bring it to the post office and ask them to weigh it compared to what Newegg said it weighed. ;)

jstutman
04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Start with Newegg. You may end up with them paying for shipping and offering you a "sorry" coupon

zanzabar
04-09-2011, 06:51 PM
if u call newegg they should take care of u and give a u refund or free shipping back and a price adjustment to get the non open box.