PDA

View Full Version : CPU loading/logging routine options?

Martinm210
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I noticed that the latest OCCT doesn't support the new sandy bridge processors yet, so I've been looking for a new load and log routine to help me optimize my setup and tinker with some ideas I've had. I may also attempt to do a mini CPU block roundup for the 2600K as well.

I can use OCCT for loading, but I can't log coretemps with it, so I'm looking to use coretemp for core logging and my Crystalfontz CFA-633 for logging water temps. I tried Prime 95 small FTT, but noticed the default 8-16K size creates a step as it switches between sizes.

Is there a particular FTT size folks like to use?

I guess the good news is, the new processor seems to hold water/core deltas much better than my old Q6600 regardless of some ambient fluctuations.

What do you guys like running? I'll give OCCT small data set a try too, but so far is seems like coretemp is the only thing I can use for logging the DTS core sensors, OCCT isn't compatible.

Martinm210
03-21-2011, 09:23 PM
FYI,
Using Prime 95 on small FTT custom set at 8 threads/8K min/ 8K max holds very well.

Even better yet, water/core deltas seem to hold solid on the new SB processors. I purposely allowed ambients to rise significantly between two tests and came within .01C using the same mount and simply retesting...very nice, this should make testing pretty easy.

bot@xs
03-21-2011, 09:59 PM
would realtemp work?

edit: btw, thats a good look for SB and a new block round up would be very nice martin

Martinm210
03-21-2011, 10:17 PM
would realtemp work?

edit: btw, thats a good look for SB and a new block round up would be very nice martin

I think realtemp would work too, but it seems like I had a touch less fluctuation with coretemp.

In the past I used OCCT to both load and log, but unfortunately it's not happy with the SB processors.

I think I'm going to go with coretemp to log DTS, Crystalfontz for water, and load with Prime 95 using custom small 8K FTT on 8 threads. That seems to be working pretty well.:up:

bot@xs
03-22-2011, 06:40 AM
i am assuming you tested coretemp on the SB platform already

Martinm210
03-22-2011, 03:57 PM
i am assuming you tested coretemp on the SB platform already

Yeah, it does fine for recording/logging the temps, but the information window is missing the processor type information.

Running it side by side with realtemp seemed to display roughly the same numbers.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1647/coretemp.png

I just thought the fluctuations were a bit less pronounced with coretemp is all.

OCCT on the other hand doesn't give you much of anything to work with for logging. It will do the loading, but it won't display or record or log any core data.

bot@xs
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM
do you use coretemp with crystalfontz?
i know you can display values from coretemp but is logging possible too?