PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on mixing fittings from diff company

goodhead
03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
So i had a enzotech spacer w a bitspower elbow and bits power compression on my setup, an while using a rp452x2 res and was slowly loosing fluid, i mean really slow but still more than the normal evap rates. I looked for leaks w papertowels for like a week, nothing, not 1 drop. So i pressure tested the setup and ~10lbs made the enzotech to bitspower fitting slowly leak out few drops over a couple of hours. Checked orings they were perfect, Both parts brand new, so i guess they are not compatiable as the bitspower threads seem too short to fully seal in the enzotech fitting female thread??

Just a heads up, though it did not leak when noy pressurized it seems it might have cause extra evap due to this im guessing, all my equio are fine so all good

Dont know if ppl know this bout mixing fittings or has been tqlked bout b4

iddqd
03-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm using mostly Koolance fittings in my rig, with the exception of 90-degree adapters, which are Bitspower. Koolance really ought to design a V2 of their 90-degree fittings, because they're way more restrictive than anything else they've got. They have like... a smaller diameter hole than the rest of their fittings. May not be a huge deal, but it bothered me enough to switch to a Bitspower fitting instead. So far, so good, though.