PDA

View Full Version : 6950 gpu only crossfire bridge for WC?

vivithemage
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I know the make FC and GPU only, but if I go in either direction, which has a nice/clean bridge/connector?

This is for my reference 6950 XFX cards.

vivithemage
03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Also, if I DO go universal ... is the EK VGA Supreme better then the MCW80 (flowrate wise in xfire)?

I'm a little worried about plumbing a uni, haha.

vivithemage
03-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Church
03-15-2011, 05:26 AM
VGA Supreme is resistive too. Maybe not as much as MCW80, but nevertheless. Or you meant VGA Supreme HF?

vivithemage
03-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Yeah, this one :

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12269/ex-blc-844/EK_VGA_Supreme_HF_Universal_High_Performance_VGA_C ooling_Block_-_Nickel_EK-VGA_Supreme_HF_Nickel.html

I've come to the conclusion this new one from EK is probably the least restrictive? But how would one connect 2 cards in xfire cleanly? I'll be getting som eenzo's for the memory/vrm's/etc

Church
03-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, as i've yet to see test/roundup with most universal GPU waterblocks tested in it. Skinnee is working on such, but who knows, when we are going to see results. Untill then it's more like guesswork. Imho least restrictive of them all might be some very old ones, with simple/flat internal structure, without any micropins/channels.
Connecting two nearby universal blocks in clean/neat way .. don't know, due their inlet/outlet placement unlike one of full cover blocks, you probably can connect them only with some half round bent pieces of tubing and fittings.

vivithemage
03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
I read the MCW80 is more restrictive ... somewhere, a few times, then the EK VGA Supreme. No idea when skinnee will release his uni GPU reviews, so not sure how long I can/want to wait on that.

Don't T lines add a lot of restriction, in and of themselves? I just don't know the best way to connect 2 xfire'd cards, haha.

Church
03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
T line, as in T fitting with going sideways piece of tubing doesn't add almost any restriction, at least, if flow is going straight through, and tubing to the side is for filling or draining only.
Or you meant not T line but 90deg angle fitting for sharp bend of tubing (& flow)? Yes, they are somewhat more restrictive then normal fittings, but if not over-abused (like using them in large count, but just some 2-4 of such), it shouldn't be much of a problem.
EDIT
Hmm, or you thought not T, but Y fittings for connecting two universal blocks in parallel?

vivithemage
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM
I guess I don't know the best method...i'd assume hose into IN on GPU1, and 90degree angle to IN on GPU2 and house out of GPU2.