PDA

View Full Version : I need some technical supprt

xxeckoxx
01-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I recieved my an50r , 3000+ and my fortron 530 watt psu today, and i assmeble the pc shown in my sig, and when plug in the powersupply, and turn it on (not the computer, the psu) 2 lights in my mobo turn on, which is something vie never seen before, but anyways My computer when i hit the power on switch, nothing happens, no fans turn on, no reaction no nothing. I dont know what the problem is, but i think if the cpu was bad the fans would still turn on? so idk maybe the psu or mobo is bad, anyone have any ideas?!

Evil_Spork
01-16-2004, 08:11 AM
hmm sounds like it MIGHT be a mobo ground issue.

check to see a screw didnt go swimming on your board.

i had a mobo do the same thing to me a few weeks back. hit power and nothin.

xxeckoxx
01-16-2004, 08:15 AM
if that was the case, is the mobo ruined?

Evil_Spork
01-16-2004, 10:20 AM
IT MIGHT IT MIGHT NOT,(sry caps)

i would try a new psu and test it outside the case. but i think you just got some bad luck with a DOA mobo, sorry man.

xxeckoxx
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
horse§§§§

esoteradactyl
01-16-2004, 12:08 PM
if you have a multimeter then you can jumper the atx connector and check the rails. im pretty sure if the cpu was dead the mobo would still fire up.

xxeckoxx
01-16-2004, 03:26 PM
yup
im sure is the mobo, that pisses me off as i think im like the first one to get a an50r DOA.

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 03:31 PM
nope, i think that makes 2 of us, i posted the SAME problem without even seeing your thread, and yeah i get 3 lights on my mobo and nothing happens when i hit power, GOD DAMNIT!

isp
01-16-2004, 03:31 PM
gooch2000 has the same prob

xxeckoxx
01-16-2004, 03:34 PM
damnit gooch we suck, what color are your lights, as i think i only have 2 lights..? i havent tried clearing cmos yet...but idk why that wouldnt let the computer turn on and let the fans start spinning..it should be able to get power even with nothing plugged into it..ram, cpu, it should still give power to the fans..?

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by xxeckoxx
damnit gooch we suck, what color are your lights, as i think i only have 2 lights..? i havent tried clearing cmos yet...but idk why that wouldnt let the computer turn on and let the fans start spinning..it should be able to get power even with nothing plugged into it..ram, cpu, it should still give power to the fans..?
yeah i got a red light by the agp, a amber light by the bottom corner of the 1st ram slot, and a green light by the atx connector. i cleared cmos twice, and nothin, but you are right if cpu was dead the mobo would still run with fans and everything, i even tried using the power button on the mobo with no go. I was wondering if the I/O shield was not making perfect contact with the I/O connectors would that short it out? i think everything is installed fine, i have no idea whats going on, but it's still not working.

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 03:43 PM
i'm going to take everything out of my mobo except cpu and try again, as i have not done this yet.

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 03:55 PM
AHA! well here an interesting tidbit. I ganked all my cards outta my mobo, which is only grafix (agp) and my soundcard, and my 2 sticks of ram. When i plugged the power back in, the agp red light went away, and i only had the other 2 lights the vdimm (amber) and the green light (atx). i hit the power button on the motherboard and voila! it powered up. So i shut it off, and added my ram back in, turned it on it worked. Then i put my agp card back in, and the agp red light came back on, and the system would not power up. I have a 4x agp card, its a gf4 ti4600, and it has worked fine up till today. Is there something special i have to do to let the board know its 4x not 8? Nothin in the manual mentions it except in bios options, which i cant get to anyway lol. This is so odd. But progress was made.

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Well this is very interesting. I put my dads geforce 3 into the mobo, and the agp red light went off, the mobo posted fine, and i got into bios and played around! So i took my geforce 4 over to my dad's machine, and here is the wierd part, it turned on and im typing to you on it now, HOWEVER, there are artifacts all over the screen, so i think my ti4600 is §§§§ed up. Hmm, good exscuse to buy a new grafix card i suppose :)

doctorcod
01-16-2004, 04:40 PM
put in a tnt 2 into my system and it also works fine. looks like my ti4600 is to blame, and what a good exscuse to get a new grafix card! lol, but yeah dude i dont know about your prob but when the red light on the agp went off my system was A OK, looks like the other 2 lights are fine.

doctorcod
01-17-2004, 12:23 AM
So i finally get winxp installed, and the thing starts randomly rebooting itself. So i get the latest memtest 1.0 and run it with the mushky i have and within 5min get errors. So i put my trusty 512mb stick of corsair in it, and i ran it for over 30min and no errors. SO RMA RAM TIME! this has turned out to be quite a learning experience, but man i hate this bull§§§§. Oh well, hope this helps anyone else out having the same problem posted in this thread.

xxeckoxx
01-17-2004, 08:45 AM
i never had a light by my agp...but i did take everyhting out..and still it doesnt power up even with the power on button on the mobo...so yeah maybe i am the first one with a bad an50r :(

G|-|oST
01-17-2004, 04:27 PM
@gooch02000

but seriosly though, SIX posts in a row for that?

doctorcod
01-17-2004, 05:49 PM
It was all different times during the day after i kept on finding out new things, what was i supposed to do?

xxeckoxx
01-18-2004, 08:36 AM
jesus who cares how many posts

xxeckoxx
01-18-2004, 08:37 AM
first thing monday morn this board is getting rma'ed :(

xxeckoxx
01-19-2004, 07:40 AM
gooch is the one w/ the 4600...mine was nothing of the sort.

sky
01-19-2004, 11:58 AM
mickey, goooch said it up there somewhere, i guess his ti is crapping out, same as the ram it would seem.
"

So i took my geforce 4 over to my dad's machine, and here is the wierd part, it turned on and im typing to you on it now, HOWEVER, there are artifacts all over the screen, so i think my ti4600 is §§§§ed up. Hmm, good exscuse to buy a new grafix card i suppose

doctorcod
01-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah the ti is dead, artifacting on my dad's system as well as mine, so i bought a 9600xt and its all fine. I had to rma my mushkin cuz it had errors in memtest only 5minutes into it.