PDA

View Full Version : Best under $100 in ear head phones

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I just got a new 64gig iPod Touch 4gen today for my birthday. I am loving it but my question is what is the best under $100 in ear head phones for sound reproduction out there. I work in a factory and use my mp3 players while working on the tractor and mowing grass also so it must block the sound well. I like depth in my music but pounding bass is not nessary. I hope that paints enough of a picture to see what I am wanting.
Thank you for your time gentelmen.

The_Beast
03-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Creative ZEN AURVANA, I paid $20 at a newegg sale. BEST $20 I'VE EVER SPENT. The bass isn't super great but it's no stock earphone. And it's quite good at keeping sound out. Once a teacher was talking to me, I thought she was just saying hi but when I got to my desk the kid next to me had to tap my shoulder to get my attention. I didn't hear a thing and the music volume was even that high

trn
03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
V-moda were the best I owned, $100, comfortable, great sound. But they had one design flaw, the wires were wrapped in silicone or some soft rubber, after about two years the rubber ripped and the wires ripped also. Since those I've been through Sony, panasonic and now skull candy buds but I wouldn't recommend any of those and want a pair of v-modas again :rolleyes:

Mean Machine
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Creative ZEN AURVANA, I paid $20 at a newegg sale. BEST $20 I'VE EVER SPENT. The bass isn't super great but it's no stock earphone. And it's quite good at keeping sound out. Once a teacher was talking to me, I thought she was just saying hi but when I got to my desk the kid next to me had to tap my shoulder to get my attention. I didn't hear a thing and the music volume was even that high

I had a pair of those, I wouldn't even pay $20 for them. Shure SE115 or 210 should kick ass for that price, at least according to my ears.

BeepBeep2
03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Head Direct RE0 seems to be praised a bit by audiophiles I know. In fact, my next two audio related purchases will be a set of RE0's and the Audio Technica ATH-M50S.
Dunno what happened to the advice in here, seems to have diminished in quantity over the last few months. Head-Fi.org is full of info.

I would take a $12 pair of JVC HAFX over those Creative Zen Aurvana's.

HiJon89
03-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Shure e4c's used to go for nearly $200 on Head-Fi and then they got discontinued and now you can find them on eBay for $50 if you're patient.

lilmanmgf
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Every once in a while you can find a refub set of turbines on monster's website. I have been loving mine so far.

Sent from my GSBv1.9 ERIS using Tapatalk

G.Foyle
03-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm using NuForce NE-7M (http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/ne7m/index.php) with my iphone - environment insulation is pretty good, sound reproduction is better than most similarly priced earplugs, and they work as a hands-free headset.
I like some good metal thrashin' and they work perfectly for that :up:

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks every one for the input. I till check into the ones you listed.