PDA

View Full Version : dead pumps

tommycarl
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I own 3 swiftec DDC3.2 pumps over 3 years and all 3 of them quit working, the last one only lasted 7 months in the kids computer. I got tops for them and was wondering if they normally last that long. Can anyone recommend a differn't pump for my w/c rigs. Kid's computer consists of just the processor being watercooled with a swiftec block on a Core2 Duo 6800 EE and my computer has an i7 and 2 BFG 8800GTX watercooled video cards. I"m using 1/2" tubing and thermochill PA 120 and a swiftec 240 rad. any help would be a big help.

:)

defect9
03-04-2011, 03:18 AM
which tops? were they overvolted or run direct off the PSU? how much airflow in the case? any damping material under the pumps themselves? mostly asking in case there was a possible cause for their deaths that you'd not want to pass on to future pumps.

As far as recommending a different pump, the MCP655 (aka the D5) is a recommended winner.

wizard1238
03-04-2011, 03:42 AM
oh, I think there should be a repair PCB dedicated for the DDC3, although the toshiba upgrade PCB for DDC2/1 can work with just coil wire extend to the connection pad. MCP655 is stainless housing, the heat from the electronic will transfer to the waterloop much more.