PDA

View Full Version : Best A64 memory for LOW voltage?

halcyon
01-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Ok, this one goes out to all you A64 users out there:

What is in your experience the best (highest clocking, lowest latency) A64 compatible memory that achieves good scores with LOW voltages.

I already have BH-5 DIMMs and I don't want to start looking for a pair that somehow magically does well with only 2.7V.

I'm a little worried about the recent A64 deaths that may (just may) be related to high core and/or Vdimm voltages.

I'm looking for a memory module that needs to do only 220Mhz at low latencies (240Mhz would be a plus, but not a requirement) at a meager voltage of 2.6-2.7V guaranteed on a Athlon 64 platform.

Please, no guessing or extraploations from nForce2-platforms. I can do that myself and it absolutely guarantees nothing about peformance/stability with the A64 mem controller.

This is an Athlon 64 specific question (it has a different memory controller to that of nforce2 boards).

regards,
Halcyon

JWB
01-16-2004, 02:52 AM
You can use normal DDR memory because it is compatible for Atlon 64bit. You could therefore get some pc3500 Mushkin level 2. For an FX I have heard the corasir pc3200 ECC is your best bet.

Soulburner
01-16-2004, 02:57 AM
BH5 or CH5 are your only hope for low latency at all.

Holst
01-16-2004, 05:45 AM
Yep, I agree with soalburner..

You allready have Bh5 which is your best bet for low latency..

You will be limited by voltage as too how high you can clock it..
Might be able to drop timings for more FSB... but it may not help.