PDA

View Full Version : NFII Ultra Infinity b, how many revisions?

mongoled
01-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Here is a post of mine from my local forum (cpucity.co.uk)

Right UnrealNeo,

Im not quite sure myself and i will tell u why. If you check on the official DFI websit and browse through their pages u will only find information on the NFII Ultra Infinty.

With this i agree, but when u follow the link taking you to the DFI NFII Ultra Infinty webpage and look at the weblink showing the picture you will see on the top right the name of the gif they used. It says NFII Ultra Infinity b, note the lowercase b.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Product_Pictu...NFINITY%20b.jpg

Whilst the second one will take you to a pic of the NFII LANBARTY Ultra Infinity B, note the uppercase B.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Product_Pictu...TRA%20B%20b.jpg

Also there are numerous website advertising for sale NFIIUltra Infinity Rev B boards

http://www.v-webshop.nl/product_info.php?p...roducts_id=1042

Now here is what really throws me.....If you follow the weblink taking you to the NFII Ultra Infinity manual it clearly shows only a NFII Ultra INfintiy revision A version.

My assuption that a revision of this board existed was based on the gif name used for the picture from their official website and information provided by other websites, advertising Rev B boards for sale. If this is wrong please point it out to me.
Having now looked at the information available myself, rather then simply listening to forum posts I would not have made such a rash judgement that a Rev B had indeed be made. If from any of my posts to peeps in forums or to peeps here which may have led to misinformation on my behalf based on the information i have provided above then please accept my apologies.

Right now im waiting for someone to assure me with solid evidence that the brd on sale in the store right now is indeed the board i have been looking for!!!!

There you have it guys,

Opinions please if their is only one revision I NEED TO KNOW! Will grab it tomorrow!

;)

tennvols_69
01-15-2004, 10:49 PM
there is a revision a for the lan party and a revision b also however there is only the revision A for the infinity. some call it rev b because it is the exact same pcb as the lanparty rev b. so if you buy the infinity it WILL be rev A however the newer ones have a metal cpu socket handle they perform the exact same i beleve

Evil_Spork
01-15-2004, 10:54 PM
ive heard of a revision A, A+, and 2 for the infinity... no solid pics and proof yet.

unrealneo
01-16-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by tennvols_69
there is a revision a for the lan party and a revision b also however there is only the revision A for the infinity. some call it rev b because it is the exact same pcb as the lanparty rev b. so if you buy the infinity it WILL be rev A however the newer ones have a metal cpu socket handle they perform the exact same i beleve

I agree.;)

NoOne
01-16-2004, 04:39 AM
i never seen any picture of infinity a+ ou b

texuspete00
01-16-2004, 09:14 PM
There is only really one official revision. Like was said the Ifinity A is the lanparty B. But there are differences amongst boards though it may be hard to define them by revision numbers or letters.

I believe the a+ most people refer too, they get that from the manual while it probably says A on the board. People that mention rev 2, well I havent seen one.

The four big differences that I've found are:

1. Some plastic, some metal lever arms for the cpu socket.

2. A few infinitys from the first batches saved a few pennies and didn't socket the bios :eek: thank god I've got the windbond socketed.

3. Some have a resistor soldered to the mosfets of the ram slots. A sure sign not all boards are the same. Why does billy need a resistor when I don't?

4. maybe this should be 3.5 since many won't care--> Some of us have made in taiwan whited-out under revision info. ??? Someone said they make boards in china as well. Maybe that's why it's whited-out. Very strange. But if you guys want to theorize some theories based on location, as was done on NF2 and P4's, be my guest.

Amdmb.com... they've been looking for the answer to this as well and hopefully angrygames can explain. At this point, I believe he mentions he doesnt know any solid distinctions, only minor differences indistinguishable by rev numbers. The resistor situation leads to believe there are at least two sets of boards designed different.

As for me I'm limited at 230fsb probably because of ram. My 3D mark scores could be better... decent board overall with the best support in the business. Best OC'ers support that is although now you must look elsewhere to get it as Oskar_wu has departed.

tennvols_69
01-16-2004, 09:34 PM
i wonder what the differance in overclocking ability there is with the one with the soldered resistor and the one without as i ahve the soldered resistor. looks better then what abit put out on the an7 though i must say.