PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a full-cover waterblock for GA-X58A-OC

dejanh
03-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check if EK, BP, Koolance, or anyone else has any plans for a full cover water-block for the upcoming Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC board (seen below)?

http://limages.vr-zone.net/body/11262/1-0.png

I really hope there is something in the works because I am seriously considering moving to this board.

:)

zalbard
03-01-2011, 09:21 AM
OT, but I think the stock heatsink is very nice and should perform a lot better than Classified's crap (X58A-OC has pretty much the best heatsink I've seen on X58 boards). I don't think waterblock is going to be necessary.
But I bet we'll see a few waterblocks. If it's indeed priced @ $280 it's going to be extremely popular.

dejanh
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
OT, but I think the stock heatsink is very nice and should perform a lot better than Classified's crap (X58A-OC has pretty much the best heatsink I've seen on X58 boards). I don't think waterblock is going to be necessary.
But I bet we'll see a few waterblocks. If it's indeed priced @ $280 it's going to be extremely popular.

It's not about necessary, it's about function and appearance. When watercooling everything has to go under water. No ifs or buts ;) :)

I personally don't do air cooling any more.

lowfat
03-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Honestly if I were a block manufacturer I would be skipping on this board. It is a board designed for benching, not day-to-day use. Designing a full cover for this block just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when most people will be using it w/ LN2 anyways.

dejanh
03-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Honestly if I were a block manufacturer I would be skipping on this board. It is a board designed for benching, not day-to-day use. Designing a full cover for this block just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when most people will be using it w/ LN2 anyways.

:down: Stop giving them negative ideas :(

dejanh
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Really? Not a single vendor reply with "Yes" or "No"? Really?! :shrug:

Planet
03-02-2011, 09:16 AM
First the board isn't even available yet so they probably have not had a chance to look at it in person. Second not all manufacturers post on here and they dont spend all day surfing the forums looking for boards to make blocks for. Third there is really no point as this board is meant for LN2 and not water cooling.

NaeKuh
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Third there is really no point as this board is meant for LN2 and not water cooling.

ur going to hurt my E759's feelings.

Thats what they said, but we still have them. :rofl:

Serious note, im with planet tho, its not to the best interest of board makers to make this block.

Its honestly too late, a very late move on giggy's part.

tiborrr
03-03-2011, 12:41 AM
This is (extreme) benchmarking motherboard, not 24/7 gamer/workstation board.

zeropluszero
03-03-2011, 03:00 AM

so....yes?
pretty please make it not have a rubbish huge EK logo, and what is with EK's putting aluminium plate over the Nickel Plexi blocks? Serious question!

dejanh
03-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Same was said about the E759...so what's the answer?

OT: There is also nothing wrong with this board as a 24/7 board (not every board has to be overloaded with junk features), and some of us benchmark on water too, just as an FYI. Further to this, I believe you are EK affiliated so you could use a bit more professionalism in your answers :) If you have no plans on making it a "we will not be supporting this board as it is, in our view, not intended as a board for daily use" would have sufficed. Just a tip for the future ;)

zalbard
03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
If it is going to be indeed sold at $280 then I will see a lot of people buying it.
If not EK, then I guess someone else will chime in...

dejanh
03-04-2011, 09:17 AM
bump!

dejanh
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow, still nobody to reply... :(

dinos22
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Same was said about the E759...so what's the answer?

that is a good point

redmax
03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd love to see a waterblock design for this motherboard, even if it is designed as a benchers board that's not to say you won't be running everything on a chiller or phase.

However the biggest unknown is how many of these boards GBT will be making and if they treat it as a limited edition type product. (UD9 anyone) If that is the case then block makers will be hard pressed to sell enough product to make a production run worth while.

I still vote yes, make the block, build it and they will buy.

dinos22
03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
this will last till socket2011 and depending on what happens with CB it might last for another few years :rofl:

dejanh
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
I'd love to see a waterblock design for this motherboard, even if it is designed as a benchers board that's not to say you won't be running everything on a chiller or phase.

However the biggest unknown is how many of these boards GBT will be making and if they treat it as a limited edition type product. (UD9 anyone) If that is the case then block makers will be hard pressed to sell enough product to make a production run worth while.

I still vote yes, make the block, build it and they will buy.

Indeed. If I could get a waterblock for this board I'd snap it up in a second to replace my current board. I really hope somebody jumps on this. I was also thinking to maybe get the CPU under Phase and leave the motherboard and GPUs under water as this board would be really easy to work with...

tiborrr
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The board isn't really even released yet, we have yet to see how many of these boards will actually be manufactured and if the infos about the pricing will hold water. I believe it's too soon to draw any conclusions :)

dejanh
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
The board isn't really even released yet, we have yet to see how many of these boards will actually be manufactured and if the infos about the pricing will hold water. I believe it's too soon to draw any conclusions :)

That's what I like to hear :D An outright no was rather disconcerning ;)

D749
04-05-2011, 10:04 PM

I plan to game on the system that I build with this mobo. :up:

tiborrr
04-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Got the board drawn in CAD already! :up: Block is under development!

so....yes?
pretty please make it not have a rubbish huge EK logo, and what is with EK's putting aluminium plate over the Nickel Plexi blocks? Serious question!
What aluminum plate? The plates are stainless steel! :)

zeropluszero
04-06-2011, 06:34 AM
ok, so SS, why are they there?

M40TURBO
04-06-2011, 08:02 AM
But where do we get the board here inn Europe??
Does anyone have it anywhere where they ship international?

dejanh
04-13-2011, 08:59 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! YEEEESSSSSSSSSS! :woot::buddies:

Now that is so, so, so good to hear. Now for this board to hit retail and we are in business! :up:

Any ideas when you expect the production block to be available? I just want to plan the rebuild adequately ;)

tiborrr
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Waiting on more info regarding board availability! Dinos where art though? :lol:

dejanh
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Waiting on more info regarding board availability! Dinos where art though? :lol:

It's supposed to be retail on the 26th. How long do you think after that before the block is out?

dejanh
05-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, if you guys did not start making the block yet I'd suggest don't make it at all. The board is priced pathetically, $400 for it. Nobody will buy it at that price. Far cry from the rumored $250.

zeropluszero
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Too good to be true huh?
God, I dread to think of what it will be in Australia then.

paulbagz
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Too good to be true huh?
God, I dread to think of what it will be in Australia then.

Probably cheaper as our dollar is stronger atm?

-PB

NapalmV5
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM

24/7 is the reason why i got the mobo.. i didnt get the mobo for ln2/subzero cooling

awesome! so when will the block become available ?

just got mine today and im awating on ek full cover block for it

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6708/49879457.jpg

zeropluszero
05-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Probably cheaper as our dollar is stronger atm?

-PB

Not a chance.

Where are people getting these boards from? They aren't retail yet are they?

paulbagz
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Not a chance.

Where are people getting these boards from? They aren't retail yet are they?

Well if the price is lower and in US$ then it will be cheaper for Aussies to buy from overseas thanks to the exchange rate atm.

Haven't seen any retailers on this continent stocking this board yet as it really is aimed at niche overclockers.

-PB

barfastic
06-01-2011, 06:07 AM
bumps?

zeropluszero
06-01-2011, 06:16 AM
retails for $379 here. i think i'll stick with my P6T6 for that.

dejanh
06-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Yeah, the board is just too expensive to be worth it. I do not know what Gigabyte was thinking.

D749
06-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I hadn't planned on WCing the mobo this time around but since WCing the GPUs is out (thanks MSI for the custom boards) I might just do it. :shrug:

Salty
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Shame really. It's the first board I'd actually like to put full water on...