PDA

View Full Version : question: koolance rp-452x2 w/ 1 pump config

goodhead
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
hey so i just got my rp 452x2 in the mail, i will start w/ just 1 pump but had a question in the configuration pump on the in/out ports,

i plugged the pump in the P1 slot because the input of the P1 side is on the bottom where as the P2 side is on the top.

if i plug both the input on the other side, P2, and ran just using the in/out on 1 side, and use the short plug on the side, so the 2 reservoir are combined into 1, will this setup work?

or do i have to put a hose between the 2 sides like in this illustration:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4720/seriespumpscombinedpump.png

but instead of using the LONG PLUG i would be using the SHORT PLUG

hope this post made sense :confused: thanks

edit:

heres back of res pic for reference,

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/rp-452x2_p2.jpg

Martinm210
02-28-2011, 04:24 PM
For 1 pump I would suggest the following:

-On the back, put plugs in P2in and P2 out
-Install the pump block off disc on P2
-Use the short reservoir plug to share the two reservoirs
-Install barbs on P1in and P1out as your tubing in and out.

Now looking at the face, the main filling port and working reservoir will be on the left. This is backwards from where the operating pump sits, but the left reservoir is the better one to use for one pump (The left reservoir has the ports on bottom). Now when you fill you will mostly just need to fill on the left side looking at the face. To balance levels you'll just need to open the right reservoir a little to allow air to escape when your nearly done with filling/bleeding.

As long as the pump and two rear ports are blocked, you can share the two reservoirs with one pump. No need to run tubing between each reservoir, although I suppose you could also do that if you really wanted to have water moving a bunch in both.

I should make a single pump diagram.

skinnee
02-28-2011, 04:28 PM
The short plug uses the entire reservoir, where the long plug keeps the reservoir chambers independent. In single pump configuration it does not matter if you use the short or the long. Inlet being on the top or bottom doesn't matter either. The two pump volutes are identical and do not differ performance wise.

So, with a single pump, use either P1 or P2 and plug the non-used IN and OUT ports. Or to make it more confusing, if you use the short plug on the reservoir, you can use the P1 or P2 in.

edit: Martin posted while I was writing... but we're basically saying the same thing.

Martinm210
02-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Yep...I just like the P1 side better for bleeding if you have the choice. The P2 side ports are up high and a bit more work to fill up is all.
Here is a quick picture that might help...