PDA

View Full Version : Fractal Design R3 owners???

InCredible
02-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Just curious if anyone here owns this case and can tell me either the space from mobo to the side panel or can tell me what air cooler they have installed.
I just purchased a Silver Arrow and own a stacker 830 right now but will be buying this case as soon as it shows up on neweggs site. But after see how HUGE this thing is im worried it wont fit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

InCredible
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
no one has this case?? :(

Mechanical Man
03-30-2011, 06:29 AM
I have Noctua UH12P in it. Theres plenty room after that.

felix_w
03-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Just curious if anyone here owns this case and can tell me either the space from mobo to the side panel or can tell me what air cooler they have installed.
I just purchased a Silver Arrow and own a stacker 830 right now but will be buying this case as soon as it shows up on neweggs site. But after see how HUGE this thing is im worried it wont fit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Product Sheet @ Fractal Design website says :

Supports graphic card lengths up to circa 290mm and CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm

Maybe that will help... :)

InCredible
03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
^ yea i found that haha and already picked up thanks though..and yes it does "fit" but it does touch the sound dampening material a little bit, doesnt seem to affect performance though

felix_w
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Great...Since the side door closes and the HS is not pushed by it it's ok....

mazenimad
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
did anyone here take out their HDD cage?? how? is it easy? dremel? screws?

InCredible
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
im slowly filling the hd cage so no taking it out here..just glancing inside it appears to be rivets on the top which are easy enough to remove. Bottom not sure its full right now.