PDA

View Full Version : The finished product of MurderMod Tj-07 #33 (and some help plz!!!)

Kanzy
02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi people, I'v finally finished my TJ-07 project and here are some pictures, it has been a very long time since I start build it, some of the part take me more than a year to wait, however, it's done. I understand it's not the best TJ-07 project out there, but as I really have no time right now and over a year usage on the system, I am happy that it can be finished.

I just took couple pictures in the dark, the weather has been really bad here, can't get a good shot in day light and sorry for my cheap camera

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5469006023_072d015709_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/5469005961_266f1658f0_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5135/5469005895_6602030562_b.jpg

Now onto the help part, my system has been doing this random freeze for sometime now, it's happens really randomly without a reason I can think of. When freeze, the whole OS would freeze up and the EVGA LED display on the board will freeze up on the numbers, besides that, everything else is running (fans etc.), I have email EVGA and checked couple things myself, from the BIOS, my 12V reading is stable at 12.18V, My CPU is already at clock speed and less than 30C under the cooling, both graphic cards are new and idle around 50C (GTX 580) and passed the EVGA stress test.

Today, it happened again and the new thing I have noticed that the timer on my fan controller seemed being reset after the event, also, my NB was 40C (this is on WC same loop as my CPU), can any of those indicate something?

Just for the info, this has happened for my old I7 920 CPU and with different hard drivers (SSD or non-SSD), so does my old gtx 480 SLI set-up.

Can someone please help me determine the problem and give me some new idea to try? Really need my computer for all my school work right now and don't need any random freeze ups. Thanks alot.

step
02-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Intermittent freezes are fun to diagnose.

Unfortunately your best bet is to start stressing certain parts of the system and seeing if any errors arise. I personally would start with memtest on the ram.

gr1p
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
What psu are you running?

It could be that you're running out of juice from an undersized power supply.

Kanzy
02-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Intermittent freezes are fun to diagnose.

Unfortunately your best bet is to start stressing certain parts of the system and seeing if any errors arise. I personally would start with memtest on the ram.

Ram has been stress tested and don't seem to have a problem

I am running a silverstone 1000W PSU, should be enough to cover whatever I have in the system, again, my 12V looks stable from the BIOS, any other way to check this?

Wolf132
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Try updating the intel chipset drivers and storage matrix.

gr1p
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I am running a silverstone 1000W PSU, should be enough to cover whatever I have in the system, again, my 12V looks stable from the BIOS, any other way to check this?

You could pull out a multimeter and check all the rails but 1000w is more than enough for your hardware and if the 12v is stable in the BIOS, the chances are the psu is not your problem.

Beautiful system btw though:up:

theseeker
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Are you using SSD's?

jcrouse
02-23-2011, 03:44 PM

If we're taking early guesses I'm on the PS bandwagon with gr1p, I've seen them do some really weird things.

John

matari
02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
He has a mobo block installed. If the block touches something it should not, it may also cause those problems

Kanzy
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Try updating the intel chipset drivers and storage matrix.
The chipset driver is the newest version, so does all the other driver I can think of.

You could pull out a multimeter and check all the rails but 1000w is more than enough for your hardware and if the 12v is stable in the BIOS, the chances are the psu is not your problem.
Beautiful system btw though:up:
Thanks. multimeter would be something I don't have the equipment right now to do it, but if is need to be done, what I am checking? Possible for the PSU be just fine itself unless plugged in and drain a lot of power?

Are you using SSD's?
Yes I am using two piece of Vertex 2 drive, one as OS and the other as application drive, what does SSD has to do with it?

He has a mobo block installed. If the block touches something it should not, it may also cause those problems

I don't think it is, the EK block are really built to fit and there not really a way to cover extra things with it.

Thanks for all the responds, when talk about PSU, come to think about it, one thing I did was there are only one 8 pin PCIE cable came with the power supply, so I took a 6 pin PCIE cable and another two wire made myself another 8 pin to fit my graphic card, any chance that could be the problem?

theseeker
02-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Some OCZ users are experiencing freezes like you describe. I noticed the issue in their forums. Just a wild guess but you never know.

Kanzy
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Some OCZ users are experiencing freezes like you describe. I noticed the issue in their forums. Just a wild guess but you never know.

I do think this happened before when I had a intel G2 80G as my OS before (damn, I had this problem for a long time)