PDA

View Full Version : Putting a 402X2 at the bottom of the case. An issue?

Defoler
02-13-2011, 01:36 AM
I plan to turn the front of my case upside down.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_Ya7yaQ3RTts/TR3wCd4uTlI/AAAAAAAAA7Y/1x5JdrwfZMs/s640/SL740099.JPG

This means the 402X2 I got today, will have both pumps and res at the bottom.
Am I going to encouter filling issues as I fill my system for the first time and start the pumps?
As long as the system is sealed, will the air trapped inside will hold the water from giving me issues on the filling?

I know that once the system is fully filled up, there shouldn't be any problems or adding some water as the vacume will hold the water in place.

PiLsY
02-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Tilt the case onto its back and your res will be the highest point in the loop again. This would be one of those moments where you wish the MM was a little easier to manhandle ;).

Waterlogged
02-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I've had a couple builds in a case were the res was below the pump, it was actually the lowest part of the loop. All I did was tipped the case a bit so I could get the pump to prime without running dry, once it had water, it bled just fine. You won't have to tip at all seeing the pump/res are at the same height, just make sure you don't run the pump dry and you'll be fine. :up:

Martinm210
02-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I would just tip it back when initially bleeding, I found that help push water through the volute to get that initial pump prime, but it doesn't matter if it's on top or on bottom once full. I usually keep my pumps at the bottom of the case because I'm very spill happy..:)

Defoler
02-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks all :)
I will put the res at the bottom as I planned with less worries now.
Cheers.