PDA

View Full Version : Rad choice: TA 120.3 vs XSPC RX360 v2

XiraN
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Given the choice, and considering overall cost is basically exactly the same to me, what would the community here do? I'm leaning to the TA as it is carried at a local shop, vs getting the RX360 shipped half way across the country (cheaper but shipping negates that).

I'm running GT1850's on a fan controller, so they'll fluctuate between 800 and max depending on the workload. Looking at Skinnee's site, while not directly compared, they seem to be relatively the same overall. Is the screw hole "problem" really an issue for those of you who've grabbed the TA 120's?

Loop setup is almost ready, just the rad is left to decide on. I'm starting to feel like a kid at Christmas :)

Johnny87au
02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
For a CPU loop only i'd go the TA seeming as you cant get the 360 locally.. if your adding GPU's or chipset blocks then the XSPC would be your best bet.. I know from reviews and tests the TA isnt the best to pick and is highly hates as that was Thermochills latest release and ended up sucking compare to its younger brothers..

thegcpu
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I have a PA and RX,both are extremely close in performance but my vote would be for the RX, solely due to that fact that the RX has its mounting hole already taped, I had to tap all 24 holes on the PA. You don’t know how nice this is until you use both of the rads…