PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good fan controller

Aaronharmon
02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I need a fan controller for multiple fans. I have 9 fans at the moment so I suspect I will need two of them minimum. I have looked for reviews but haven't really found any good ones. the fans are running push/pull so it would be good if the controller included an RPM read out. I've never had one, so I don't know much about them. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Waterlogged
02-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Have you looked at the Lamptron FC5 V2?

It would also help to know what fans you have. If you pick a fan controller that doesn't have the proper power rating...it won't be pretty when you turn the rig on. ;)

matari
02-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I have a large pile of fan controllers next to my computer. I keep thinking I need a fan controller, but I never really used any of mine. I learned that most fans do no undervolt well, so now I just buy fans that sound well running 100% :cool:

Gamb311
02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
FC5 v2, FC2 both good choices. Or can try the new FC8 which I have. So far no problems. But I haven't ran it very long yet.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265650

Aaronharmon
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Have you looked at the Lamptron FC5 V2?

It would also help to know what fans you have. If you pick a fan controller that doesn't have the proper power rating...it won't be pretty when you turn the rig on. ;)

I am using Yate looms from jab, they are the medium speed 1650's. His site says they're rated from 6.5 to around 14 volts.