PDA

View Full Version : Radiator 101

Aaronharmon
02-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I was looking at Skinnee review of the 360 radiatiors and the way that I understand it, the Swiftech rads perform as well or pretty much on par with the rest of the rads. This suprises me because it's obviously not nearly as meaty as the XSPC RX360 for example. How/why is this? My gut tells me that a thicker rad with a similar fpi would provide more surface area and perform better. Based on skinnees review, at least if I understand it correctly, the swiftech rads hold there own against some much bigger competitors.

Im jsut thinking that the swiftech rads offer more versatillity at a better price, so why go with the bigger rads?

Any help?

Aaron

Waterlogged
02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
2 very good questions.

The performance of the thicker rads is hindered by it's thickness...oh sure, it may have fewer FPI but those fins can still be a biatch for wind resistance over greater distances.

This one, I don't think anyone can answer with 100% certainty. There are just too many reasons that ppl go with other rads.

Aaronharmon
02-04-2011, 09:33 AM
O.k. anyone know how an mcr360 in push/pull compares to a thicker rx360 in push/pull?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Conumdrum
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
O.k. anyone know how an mcr360 in push/pull compares to a thicker rx360 in push/pull?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

A 360RX performs better than the MCR320 (not 360).

The 360RX costs a lot more, but it's better. Same fans the RX is better. It's up to you what you want to spend.

http://skinneelabs.com/triple-radiator-comparison-v2/4/

jinsean
02-04-2011, 04:07 PM
One of the factors that come into play is the look of the product. Some prefer the visual design or paint on one rad over the other.

Swiftech rads are known to be the best bang for the buck rad here in the US. I have a pair of mcr320s that are 3 years old and still functioning perfectly fine.

rubix_1011
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I run a pair of MCR320's and for the price, they work great. Sure, there are better rads out there for more money, but depending on your value/performance curve, they might be a good investment.