PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice that annoying whine?

Raul-7
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I have a MCP355 with XSPC top/reservoir followed by a MCP655. I recently moved my radiator outside to take advantage of better ambient temperatures, but now since I no longer have fan noise; all I hear is this high-pitched whine from the MCP355. It's driving me crazy. :nuts:

Anyone else notice it? Is there a pump with the same pressure-rating that doesn't produce this annoying noise?

Sideroxylon
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Probably due to the top you have on it. Mine is dead silent.

MadHacker
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
put the pump outside with the resevoir.
I have my rads in an external rad box with the pump in it... piped through the wall. no fans in this PC
now I can hear my monitor. LOL

Raul-7
02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Probably due to the top you have on it. Mine is dead silent.

Can you double-check? It's very hard to hear it with all the fan noise, but if you put your ear next to it you can hear it.

I can say MCP655 is dead-silent, but MCP355 is definitely audible.

put the pump outside with the resevoir.
I have my rads in an external rad box with the pump in it... piped through the wall. no fans in this PC
now I can hear my monitor. LOL

LOL. I would like to, but it doubles as my only reservoir. It would be PITA if I had to go outside to refill or check on it.

Boogerlad
02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah. I'm starting to regret having this ddc, because my 6 gt-1450rpms are quieter than this ddc with x-top v2

ScottALot
02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Mine doesn't sound like a whine, more like just a normal ambient electronics noise. Not anything like coil whine.