PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with this place??

Dr.Demonic69
01-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I wrote a post last night about why im not able to post attachments in this forum and the post is nowhere to be found?

I was just seeking for some tips on how to attach stuff and admin i guess just deleted it.(what a way to get helped around here) I see some people in here who are able to attach images and stuff but when i look to the bottom left it says
" You may not post attachements" Why is this?? My cuz is a member also in here and his says "you may post" .... Do i have to enable anything??????

XtremepH
01-14-2004, 12:14 PM
maybe you have to reach a certain amount of post counts before the option is available to you.

bowman1964
01-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Well let me help you slightly....

i know no one would delete a post,good or bad....just look around at some of the posts...

i found it for you.i did a search..it was not hard to find...http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26560

but i bet a mod moved it because this doesnt really belong in the section....
i am sure this one will be moved also

texuspete00
01-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, like this thread, it really shouldnt be in extreme overclocking. If you do a search I'm sure it is still here. I'm sorry but I applaud an effort by mods to move threads where they belong. Many post here because it's very frequently read but thats not what it's about. Often if it's close enough there will be a "Moved: ->" tag in the original forum. They really do try.

No hard feelings. Do a search. It's somewhere. Wampeteers, foma, or whatever its called section is full of somewhat frequent visitors and forum junkies that know all about attachments and stuff like that.

edit: wow two people beat me to it. It took me awhile because i didnt want to sound like a jerk.:toast:

TheDude
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
First off, nothing is ever deleted...there is a deleted section where it may be moved to but can be retrieved if need be. If it is not where you posted it then I suspect you may have posted it in the wrong section and it was moved to the proper location?

Most likely the problem is that you failed to reply confirming your email address. That would cause you not to have access that others who did confirm have.

For example...this thread is being moved as it does not belong in a technical overclocking section...but I will leave a redirect so it will be easy to find.

st0nedpenguin
01-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TheDude
JBELL, what do you think?

/me prepares for an essay on beaches, shells and crabs. :p:

TheDude
01-14-2004, 12:25 PM
LOL I edited it after having 2nd thoughts...but you quoted me.

JBELL
01-14-2004, 12:35 PM
I've said it before and these games are getting old.... if you don't see the problem then you got bigger problems... no confirmed email - no features... and cuase it is confirmed I showed it on purpose becasue hey! it could be fake for all I know....

JBELL
01-14-2004, 12:36 PM
NO I will not edit your masks
YES I require valid emails.....

...and accusing me or other staff members of deleting your threads instead of NOT being lazy and looking around is not cool ... your profile shows where you posted last - amasing feature huh....

JBELL
01-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by st0nedpenguin
/me prepares for an essay on beaches, shells and crabs. :p:

dont tempt me...

IFMU
01-14-2004, 01:06 PM
As an additional note on this matter, I do move threads without re-directs if the member has more than 100 posts. I go with the presumption that if you have that many posts, you should know where to post correctly. If you cant find it, it is your own fualt.
If the person posting has less than 100 posts I will leave a re-direct and sometimes post within the thread stating where it was moved to.

In this case, I honestly cant recall if I moved your thread or not, but it wouldnt be too suprising.

By the way, the horror of searching took me about 10 seconds. Your thread is here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26560).

JBELL
01-14-2004, 01:07 PM
This thread:

Moved (with redirect) to 'Forum Comments' by TheDude on 01-14-2004 03:27 PM.

Other thread:

Moved to 'Forum Comments' by IFMU on 01-14-2004 12:21 AM.

IFMU
01-14-2004, 01:10 PM
As another note, if you look in your User CP you can see any thread you have subscribed too. If it has been responded too or not.

Beyond the fact you may want to finish off the registering of your email so you can be notified if someone does reply to your threads.

See image below.