PDA

View Full Version : WC Loop re-assembly anxiety

ugotd8
01-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Got my loop apart and cleaned. Apogee XT waterblock is apart, base is ketchup'ed and vinegar'ed. It's going back together tonight. Anything else I should do ?

Silicone mod ? 100% silicone at Home Depot?

Coat the o-rings of the waterblock with silicone grease before reassembly ?

Cut some vents into the MCP355 pump housing ?

None of the above ?

I'm a WC n00b and this will only be my second wc loop build.

Thanks for any suggestions.

BlueAqua
01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Don't grease your O-rings before installation. The compression of them in the block is adequate.

I don't recommend cutting vents in an MCP355 either, where did you get this idea?

When rebuilding a loop just clean everything out with water, use some vinegar on blocks if desired (Dont leave it on too long) , rinse everything off really well, put it all back together how you found it. Loop it up, add water.

ugotd8
01-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Don't grease your O-rings before installation. The compression of them in the block is adequate.

I don't recommend cutting vents in an MCP355 either, where did you get this idea?

When rebuilding a loop just clean everything out with water, use some vinegar on blocks if desired (Dont leave it on too long) , rinse everything off really well, put it all back together how you found it. Loop it up, add water.

I got the vent idea here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254343

Thanks for the info on the other stuff.

BTW, your builds are inspiring. Great stuff.