PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question: Caster Size on MM U2-UFO

Stvwndr219
01-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi guys,

I figure this would be answered a lot quicker since this is more a liquid cooling case than a regular case and so many people have access to them. Just trying to find some locally as shipping from MM is 15 for the 6 dollar casters.

Anywho, I just need the distances between the holes of the casters for the U2-UFO case. Is there a standard size?

Thanks,

P.S., Shazza and other mods - if you feel this is more appropriate in another forum, feel free to move it there.

Stvwndr219
01-29-2011, 04:36 PM
anyone?

shazza
01-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree you are probably in the best place ... even tho it's not strictly a lc question, you're most likely to get an answer here.

I can measure in the morning, if you still need the info.

Stvwndr219
01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
that would be great! Thanks Shazza!

Captain_Harlock
01-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I dont remember the size off the top of my head, but if you are going with non MM casters then please link. Also, you may fing that if you have your PSU located in the lower right corner and its a full size PSU then the left side of the caster sitting under the PSU cant be bolted in. You will only be able to use its right side to secure it. A full size PSU will end up on top of the bolts. But if your U2-UFO back has the dual PSU spots you can use the upper left area or a standard sized PSU in the lower right corner. To be honest, I havent found that the caster under the PSU needs the extra two bolts, but I'm extra carefull when moving it as I dont want to stress the bottom of the chassis. If you have carpet and a full size PSU in the lower right, then you might want to consider drilling a new mount for that caster in front of the PSU. Unless somebody just really looks at that spot, you would never really notice that the castor is not in the far corner. I just wouldnt recommend mounting a full PSU in the upper left as there is no support for something that heavy, unless you come up with a support bracket yourself.

Utnorris
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
If you run the bolt from the inside out it will not interfere with the PSU, but you will not be able to access those bolts with the PSU in there either.