PDA

View Full Version : New Xtreme System -56k Warning Many Pics

thobel
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
New System Specs

I7 980x
12GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 (My change to Super Talent 2133 cl8)
Asus Rampage III Extreme
3x Evga GTX580's
3x Intel X25m g2 160's raid 0
laptron fc2
Creative Fatality

Cpu, MB and GPU's EK blocks
3x GTX 480'd 3x GTX 360's
18 Noiseblocker HS fans
Dual MCP655
Ek Serial Sli setup
BP Tops and covers
Frozen Q Res

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000628.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000627.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000626.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000625.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000624.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000623.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000622.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000621.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000620.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000619.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000618.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000617.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000616.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000615.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/P1000614.jpg

Cookiesowns
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Was this prebuilt by origin or something?

thobel
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Was this prebuilt by origin or something?

Yes a custom setup. Worked with them for 3 months on it.

Johnny87au
01-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Beasty rig you got there mate! How much did it set you back?? I think you dont have enough rad space, maby another 2x 480s? :D:D

Waterlogged
01-20-2011, 10:54 PM
I love the orange, very under used color that looks really sharp when used right. :up:

I know a lot of thought, effort and money went into this build. . .but. . .I have to give a serious http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7484/facepalmw.gif to the choice of fans for the rads.

Alexandr0s
01-21-2011, 01:38 AM
I have to agree with WL. It's a shame you decided to go with NoiseBlockers instead of Gentle Typhoons or even Yate Loons.

Amazing case nonetheless, I'm rather jealous :).

tool_462
01-21-2011, 04:48 AM
I love that straight piece of tubing from the vertical rad to the bottom rad, looks badass.

:cringe: thinking of what a boutique builder would charge for something like that. Next time PM me and I'll build it for half of their overhead :p

Raiden
01-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Thatīs a sweet Danger den case , but why does it say Origin:confused:

If i remember it was a company who did prebuilt systems..

Good luck :up:

shazza
01-21-2011, 05:50 AM

Origin does prebuilt systems - desktops and notebooks. The OP stated that he worked with them for three months on his system.

Origin offers systems with a choice of configuration options, or - as I assume has happened here - they will work directly with the customer to develop a custom machine.

I need to go back to Martin's 120mm fan testing, but wasn't there one set of the Noiseblocker fans that performed well? It's confusing to me with the product numbers.

Alexandr0s
01-21-2011, 06:04 AM
True, but if I see it clearly, those are multiframe S NoiseBlockers which cost about $20-$25, which is way too expensive in my eyes, especially if you take into consideration that the GT's only cost about $16.

thobel
01-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Beasty rig you got there mate! How much did it set you back?? I think you dont have enough rad space, maby another 2x 480s? :D:D

I thought about it but I wanted to go for a clean look :)

I love the orange, very under used color that looks really sharp when used right. :up:

I know a lot of thought, effort and money went into this build. . .but. . .I have to give a serious http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7484/facepalmw.gif to the choice of fans for the rads.

I can't seem to find the link but I belive it was a fan/rad round up from SL that showed the GTX rads @1800+ rpm to beat anything. I have the noiseblocker hs fan's in my other system and lover the performance vs noise :)

I have to agree with WL. It's a shame you decided to go with NoiseBlockers instead of Gentle Typhoons or even Yate Loons.

Amazing case nonetheless, I'm rather jealous :).

I love that straight piece of tubing from the vertical rad to the bottom rad, looks badass.

:cringe: thinking of what a boutique builder would charge for something like that. Next time PM me and I'll build it for half of their overhead :p

time = money and this year I had alot more money then time. I have been building my systems for 20+ years not feeling like I missed anything other then some headaches :)

They custom designed this one and had DD build it.

Origin does prebuilt systems - desktops and notebooks. The OP stated that he worked with them for three months on his system.

Origin offers systems with a choice of configuration options, or - as I assume has happened here - they will work directly with the customer to develop a custom machine.

I need to go back to Martin's 120mm fan testing, but wasn't there one set of the Noiseblocker fans that performed well? It's confusing to me with the product numbers.

I can't find the link that was testing many fans with rads :/
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120-140-fans-roundup_16.html#sect0

True, but if I see it clearly, those are multiframe S NoiseBlockers which cost about $20-$25, which is way too expensive in my eyes, especially if you take into consideration that the GT's only cost about $16.

What's money got to do with love :)

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I think I heard of this Origin company. That case looks familiar as well. Reminds me of the Big O.

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 09:06 AM

you don't understand the market and boutique builders. That 'overhead' includes lifetime support and shipping the system in a custom-build wooden crate. If you want to come up with what I would charge, take the price of parts and at LEAST double to get labor cost.

ScottALot
01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Murdermodded PSU would make me go bonkers in this build. Too bad that'd void your warranty, though.

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Murdermodded PSU would make me go bonkers in this build. Too bad that'd void your warranty, though.

google Origin Big O. Original was unisleeved

thobel
01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
google Origin Big O. Original was unisleeved

Getting cables made for it :)

Waterlogged
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261778

GT's push 3-4 CFM more through a rad with substantially less noise. RPM is only half the story with fans on rads, you also have to look at static pressure. . .and GTX's are static pressure whores. ;)

tool_462
01-21-2011, 10:37 AM
you don't understand the market and boutique builders. That 'overhead' includes lifetime support and shipping the system in a custom-build wooden crate. If you want to come up with what I would charge, take the price of parts and at LEAST double to get labor cost.

I do understand the market, I've built nearly 200 PC's for "clients" in the last 4-5 years since I've been into computers.

I set my prices by telling someone to pick a rig out at Alienware, iBuypower or CyberPowerPC and then give them my price for the same rig or match the price and give them much more horsepower. It's nuts how much people get ripped off at those places on high end builds.

I have an Excel file with all their names, email addresses and phone numbers and I occasionally send out a mass email to check up on the rig ;)

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I do understand the market, I've built nearly 200 PC's for "clients" in the last 4-5 years since I've been into computers.

I set my prices by telling someone to pick a rig out at Alienware, iBuypower or CyberPowerPC and then give them my price for the same rig or match the price and give them much more horsepower. It's nuts how much people get ripped off at those places on high end builds.

I have an Excel file with all their names, email addresses and phone numbers and I occasionally send out a mass email to check up on the rig ;)

200 PCs in 4.5 years is not squat. What type of support do you offer those clients? I understand both sides (DIY and system integrator). Making a decent profit as a system integrator is a PITA which I why I only do builds for shows for the most part. Now show me one of your client builds that rivals the Big O (which I designed and built for Origin).

thobel
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Just to be clear I have been building my own riggs for the last 20 years. However this was being bought for me and because of apperences it had to be a full system and not parts. I will say that I have 100% no regrets with Origin being the vendor chosen that are 100% the best I have ever dealt with. I even flew to Miami last week and got drunk with the guy who worked with me on my system :)

thobel
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261778

GT's push 3-4 CFM more through a rad with substantially less noise. RPM is only half the story with fans on rads, you also have to look at static pressure. . .and GTX's are static pressure whores. ;)

Looking at the post you linked When I look at the "Subjective Noise rating" It would seem the Noise Blocker M12-S3HS has a higher "rating then the GT's?

My current delta is 4-5c I'm pretty happy with it.

Waterlogged
01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Looking at the post you linked When I look at the "Subjective Noise rating" It would seem the Noise Blocker M12-S3HS has a higher "rating then the GT's?

My current delta is 4-5c I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm guessing your running the NB's @ full speed, if so, you would also run the GT's @ full speed which would negate the reason for the lower subjective rating which was slight harmonics at certain voltages (not 12v).

Also, subjective is just that, subjective...he also has the fans right in front of him and not buried inside a case which will also mask a lot of those harmonics.

BlueAqua
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice system Thobel. Don't pay attention to the haters. As you know, buying a complete system from a vendor comes with a lot more than just the parts in the case. There is a lot of value added in service and warranty as DarthBeavis said.

As far as the fans go, you have a TON of radiator surface area, a few cfm here or there isn't going to change much, and if you like the fans then you're all set.

thobel
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Nice system Thobel. Don't pay attention to the haters. As you know, buying a complete system from a vendor comes with a lot more than just the parts in the case. There is a lot of value added in service and warranty as DarthBeavis said.

As far as the fans go, you have a TON of radiator surface area, a few cfm here or there isn't going to change much, and if you like the fans then you're all set.

Been on the servers long enough to know that when I posted pics with Origin on it all hell might break loose lol I almost wa snot even going to post anything but I figured some people would enjoy so why not.

No real haters so far I mean If I said AMD stinks well then that would be a war ;)

thobel
01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm guessing your running the NB's @ full speed, if so, you would also run the GT's @ full speed which would negate the reason for the lower subjective rating which was slight harmonics at certain voltages (not 12v).

Also, subjective is just that, subjective...he also has the fans right in front of him and not buried inside a case which will also mask a lot of those harmonics.

yeah not saying the GT's are not as good or anything. I happen to have had the same Noise blockers on a another system and was in love with the quality and noise of them. I also liked the look more although the GT's look pretty sexy also

Sideroxylon
01-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Sweet rig. Lotsa horsepower there. I will say I was a bit disappointed when you said you hadn't built it yourself.

Also, you're in desperate need of some custom quality sleeving. Being able to see all the wiring through the sleeving really detracts from the over all aesthetics.

I'm not hatin' I'm just sayin'...;)

thobel
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Sweet rig. Lotsa horsepower there. I will say I was a bit disappointed when you said you hadn't built it yourself.

Also, you're in desperate need of some custom quality sleeving. Being able to see all the wiring through the sleeving really detracts from the over all aesthetics.

I 1000% agree with the wires and will be correcting :)

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM

agree with teh sleeving part as well

ScottALot
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Getting cables made for it :)

*faints*

thobel
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
agree with teh sleeving part as well

DB can you go hit Jorge in the back of the head for me please :) Ask him to see my email comments about the wires :)

KingOfsorroW
01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
You didn't build it yourself? What's the point in showing it then?:shrug: .....
:ROTF:

thobel
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM

too get the trolls to come out of course :welcome:

KingOfsorroW
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
you were waiting for me all this time, right? :D

theseeker
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
That will require a hell of a lot of sleeving!

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM

this is a water-cooling forum not a DIY forum?

DarthBeavis
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
DB can you go hit Jorge in the back of the head for me please :) Ask him to see my email comments about the wires :)

I will ask a blonde crackhead-looking chick who likes to kick real high to hit him in the back of the head

****show him this thread LOL

KingOfsorroW
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
this is a water-cooling forum not a DIY forum?

oh, really? how interesting. hmm.. I'll think about it. :rofl:

Honestly - nice build, thobel. I'am just kidding. :up:

matt220
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Jesus that must have set you back somewhere in the ballpark of $14000 :nuts:
I remember they quoted the original 'Big O' in their advertisements @ ~$18000 with quad 480s, & SR-2 with dual 6 core Xeons

Yea you might get some people on custom pc forums giving you a hard time for buying a prebuilt, but if money is no problem then go right ahead. For all we know, you probably drive a ferrari :shrug:
All Im trying to say is its always cool to see a beastly computer in my book, especially so I could see what I would personally change about it. And most would agree that as long as you actually know what you are talking about and can carry a conversation about hardware/watercooling components without becoming lost, you wont get picked on... too much :lol:

TJ TRICHEESE
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
to be fair i don't like that dangerden case much i prefer the MM cases, but nice pc anyway

thobel
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I will ask a blonde crackhead-looking chick who likes to kick real high to hit him in the back of the head

****show him this thread LOL

ohhh oh now you did it she's gonna kick your butt!

oh, really? how interesting. hmm.. I'll think about it. :rofl:

Honestly - nice build, thobel. I'am just kidding. :up:

thank you

Jesus that must have set you back somewhere in the ballpark of $14000 :nuts:
I remember they quoted the original 'Big O' in their advertisements @ ~$18000 with quad 480s, & SR-2 with dual 6 core Xeons

Yea you might get some people on custom pc forums giving you a hard time for buying a prebuilt, but if money is no problem then go right ahead. For all we know, you probably drive a ferrari :shrug:
All Im trying to say is its always cool to see a beastly computer in my book, especially so I could see what I would personally change about it. And most would agree that as long as you actually know what you are talking about and can carry a conversation about hardware/watercooling components without becoming lost, you wont get picked on... too much :lol:

I have been building my own pc's for about 20 years so I can talk way way too much about it (ask my girlfriend and you will get a big sigh lol ) I could afford the Bog O or any pc i wanted however in this case it was a gift/bonus and they wanted to get me an alienware I talked them into the Origin I think I made a smart choice :)

to be fair i don't like that dangerden case much i prefer the MM cases, but nice pc anyway

Yeah Its preference I can't stand the industrial look of the MM's :)

thobel
01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
wow so Origin spotted this thread and said "The CEO said that system should never have gone out without sleeving" they will be sending next week. Now thats some damn good service!!

ScottALot
01-21-2011, 03:12 PM
wow so Origin spotted this thread and said "The CEO said that system should never have gone out without sleeving" they will be sending next week. Now thats some damn good service!!

So you've got the CEO jealous of your build now? :rofl:

thobel
01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
So you've got the CEO jealous of your build now? :rofl:

Na I think proud of the work and with all you guys saying ewwww to the wires I think you helped me get free sleeving :)

BlueAqua
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Well if that's the case then ewww to the GTX 480's, the 580's would look sooo much cooler and make me think Origin is such a cool company.

Hope that works for you too, haha.

dejanh
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Gorgeous systems, but that must be one monstrously sized case :up:

thobel
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Well if that's the case then ewww to the GTX 480's, the 580's would look sooo much cooler and make me think Origin is such a cool company.

Hope that works for you too, haha.

Funny thing is we talked about it lol

Gorgeous systems, but that must be one monstrously sized case :up:

The case is unreal I need to move my 800D next to it so people can get a better idea on size

theseeker
01-21-2011, 03:38 PM
-Voice of Reason-

A person decides to buy a custom made H20 cooled pc, excellent! This only helps our passion and our hobby grow.

DarthB pointed out that this is not a DIY post, thanks DB!

The OP has a right to be proud, he earned his money and paid someone else to build his system to HIS specifications. Hmmm...sounds like Capitalisim to me?

I joined this forum to do just what the OP did, not get flamed, get advice and SHARE our passion.

I have made many good friends thanks to XS! I suggest that some of you recalibrate your thinking and appreciate what we have, or move to Iran or North Korea. Yes, it is ok to express opinions, but some of the comments in this thread are uncalled for.

Just my two cents.

shazza
01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
All in all, I think the response has been fairly positive. There will always be some who don't have anything nice to say - but everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

I'm glad Origin is going to review the sleeving issue ... that will improve the overall look. Most important though is ... I hope you enjoy it and have many hours of fun using the new PC.

Sideroxylon
01-21-2011, 04:01 PM

LOL, you're welcome!!! j/k That's too cool. Mad props to Origin. :up:

thobel
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
-Voice of Reason-

A person decides to buy a custom made H20 cooled pc, excellent! This only helps our passion and our hobby grow.

DarthB pointed out that this is not a DIY post, thanks DB!

The OP has a right to be proud, he earned his money and paid someone else to build his system to HIS specifications. Hmmm...sounds like Capitalisim to me?

I joined this forum to do just what the OP did, not get flamed, get advice and SHARE our passion.

I have made many good friends thanks to XS! I suggest that some of you recalibrate your thinking and appreciate what we have, or move to Iran or North Korea. Yes, it is ok to express opinions, but some of the comments in this thread are uncalled for.

Just my two cents.

All in all, I think the response has been fairly positive. There will always be some who don't have anything nice to say - but everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

I'm glad Origin is going to review the sleeving issue ... that will improve the overall look. Most important though is ... I hope you enjoy it and have many hours of fun using the new PC.

I think the response have been much better then I thought it would be I really thought hard about even posting because I assumed all hell would break loose Im pretty happy with the responses and I'm all set to game but to busy rebooting tweeking and running Linx/prime atm :)

slaveondope
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Nice build thobel:up: Even if you didnt do it yourself.
You helped pay someone's bills by reaping the rewards of their talents.:yepp:

thobel
01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Nice build thobel:up: Even if you didnt do it yourself.
You helped pay someone's bills by reaping the rewards of their talents.:yepp:

Thank you I'm very happy with it so far.

Raiden
01-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm anxious to see this sleeved:up: if you can take better quality pictures to enjoy this case;)

thobel
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm anxious to see this sleeved:up: if you can take better quality pictures to enjoy this case;)

Will try my experence with camera's is limited to a blackberry but I have a better camers to try next time :)

Johnny87au
01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Once you get this sucker sleeved up, be sure to run some benches! This thing will last you a good few years without upgrading XD

thobel
01-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Once you get this sucker sleeved up, be sure to run some benches! This thing will last you a good few years without upgrading XD

3dmark11
P16550
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/480726

980x @ 4.5
3x gtx 580's @ 930/2050

Not bad I guess GPU's don't have as much headroom as I had hoped for. May need to flash the bios

Johnny87au
01-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Not bad, Should be hitting higher though XD, Whats temps on gpu's and ambients?? I wanna see how much delta your getting with that much rad space..

thobel
01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Not bad, Should be hitting higher though XD, Whats temps on gpu's and ambients?? I wanna see how much delta your getting with that much rad space..

Idle Temps are 25-27-23-26-27-26

Ambiant is around 24

Full Load 3 Runs of Linx 65-68-60-64-69-71

I may need to remount cpu block not happy with the spread but not bad

cpu is @ 1.475 29x156 4.536
Memory is @ 1877 7-7-7-17 1T

GPU after a few Min of Combuster @2560x1600 Dx11 32Q CSAA Full Screen
Idle 25-24-24 Max 26-37-36

The overclocks are quick and dirty so may be able to get temps/voltages lower or clocks higher :) Had a semi stable 4.7 But was not in the mood to do the prime/Linx thing for a few hours today :)

Johnny87au
01-21-2011, 10:40 PM
lol dam, Temps are looking really good! Cpu temps could be dropped a bit but dam your gpu temps, nice build :)

thobel
01-21-2011, 10:45 PM
lol dam, Temps are looking really good! Cpu temps could be dropped a bit but dam your gpu temps, nice build :)

Yeah Will spend the next 12 months tweeking it I'm sure :)

thobel
01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Some Benchmarks for morning review feed back welcome.

for 580's I can't seem to OC my memory at all even with 1.138v anyone have some tips and tricks :)

Also I have been loking for a guide on Overclocking my Uncore anyone have some tips on that In the past I left it at 2x Ram but I noticed very nice improvements in benches with Uncore clocked higher.

3DMark Vantage 51660
http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2874330

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/3dmarkVantage.jpg

3DMark 11 P16465

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/3dmark11.jpg

Super PI 1M/32M

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/SuperPI1m32M.jpg

Wprime

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/WPrime.jpg

MaxxMem

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/thobel/Maxxmem.jpg

thobel
01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
comon guys little helpful tips on overclocking this thing :)

thobel
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
so I tried flashing the gpu's to unlock voltage and almost blew things up. Anyone know what the process is for flashing sli cards? Can't remove the cards I can however disable them via the pcie slots and remove power/sli bridge.

thobel
02-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Got the bios flash to work upate with some benches

P16755 on 3dmark11 woots
http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...80_16755_marks

P32017 on Vantage with Single 580
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2119048_

I'm pretty sure I can do better on this one

Heaven DX11 3970.22

http://hwbot.org/community/submissio....22_dx11_marks

SandyTunnel
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes a custom setup. Worked with them for 3 months on it.

Wow 3 months? Took 20 days from start to finish to get my 5.27 GHz Gulftown. And that was because I ordered it over Christmas holidays. Google on "Trinity Lightning" and you should find it.

thobel
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow 3 months? Took 20 days from start to finish to get my 5.27 GHz Gulftown. And that was because I ordered it over Christmas holidays. Google on "Trinity Lightning" and you should find it.

Yeah I have seen it in the past. Its pretty nice except I'm a gaming guy and when you add in 3 580's plus cooling it wont work. The case is too small. If I was running CPU intensive stuff maybe

Ps took 3 months because I was changing stuff. Waited for 580's then waited for ek gpu blocks etc