PDA

View Full Version : Broken RX480 - leaking on several places

TJ Tom
01-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm going to keep this short...So here's the deal. I respond to someone selling an RX480 radiator in a state what he described as "new". He assured me the radiator had nog leaks, no scratches no dents. I paid him 85 euro's and 10 days later I receive a piece of crap.

http://i54.tinypic.com/11v4dva.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/r0b4ly.jpg

Stuff like that underneath every screw hole because he punctured it in god knows how many places. Truth is, I've spammed every dutch forum I know of with this accident so the seller wont be able to sell something ever again or update his buildlog for that matter.

After tons of research (cause all I had was his bank account number) I managed to find his real name, his 2 e-mail adresses and the town he lives in. I called to police station of that specific town and they told me I could press charges. They also told me to contact him one last time telling him I would press charges against him if we couldn't come to an aggreement.

After days of ignoring me he responded within minutes to my PM telling me he'll repay me a certain amount.

My question is, since I've paid 85 euro's incl. shipping what should I ask him to pay me back? What's a punctured RX480 worth? I know leaks can be fixed but soldering wont be an option as the leaks are full of this kind of cement making soldering impossible. Also, it's hard as hell to remove it.

Asking for the full amount he probably wont aggree to and doesn't sound fair to me either because the radiator can be repainted and reused if I can fix the leaks. But how much can I ask him exactly?

Or should I just press charges and let the police write him a letter asking for a trade? (which they would do before actually pressing charges)

And dang I was going to keep this short... :rofl:

WeaponX
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Just get money back and give him his crap back end of story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Panther_Seraphi
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
+1 to the post above

He said one thing and you got another.

He is responsible for costs of shipping and repayment IMO but repayment is what i would expect at the very least!

TJ Tom
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
The thing is, if I demand, lets say, 60 euro's back and I manage to fix the leaks I do have a working RX480 for 25 euro's instead of 115. That's why I'm having doubts. Anyway, I've sent him an ultimatum. 50-60 euro's back to my account or straigth to the police station.

the finisher
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
IMO a rad that's punctured multiple times is worth zero, get all your money back.

Johnny87au
01-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Get full refund back and never deal with that half wit again..

PatRaceTin
01-20-2011, 06:57 AM
damn!!!