PDA

View Full Version : Germany: ASUS prepare a product recall for Maximus IV Extreme; Socket 1155; Intel P67

webwilli
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
It seems, that the MIVE have a massive problem.

ASUS block any sale of the MIVE in Germany!!!

German news:

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/news/hardware/mainboards/17530-hat-asus-probleme-mit-dem-maximus-iv-extreme.html

The Board maybe have a "design error"!!!
One User probably have this error and send his Board to ASUS.
ASUS check the Board now and give us further Informations tomorrow.

And no: Itīs not SOCKET-BURN

ASUS Suppport says:
BE ON THE SAFE SIDE!
DONīT USE THE BOARD AND SEND IT BACK TO YOUR RESELLER!!

Yes, i have the MIVE. Received yesterday. And it still works...

jcniest5
01-19-2011, 11:01 AM
That's not good. Hope they can come up with a solution. Or better yet, a redesigned board.

bingo13
01-19-2011, 11:29 AM
There are a lot of bad translations in that whole article. ;)
1. The reseller had a customer who reported a problem with a board and that problem was finally provided late yesterday. We are trying to recreate the problem now, in the meantime the reseller was a bit apprehensive so ASUS Germany asked them to hold the board shipments until the problem was verified. If it is due to an earlier BIOS being on the board at delivery, then the boards will be flashed with the latest BIOS and released for sale quickly.
2. Unforunately, the ASUS support person probably jumped the gun in his early comments about returns. I think he was trying to calm people down and instead added gas to the fire.

webwilli
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi bingo13,

many thanks for your answer!

Can you give us a little hint about the problem?

Thanks

century child
01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Wow, so we have to go to a U.S. site to get good information. Thanks a million for you input here bingo13, I just wish the local rep in Germany was so forthcoming and straightforward about this situation. I have a board here that I am very reluctant to send back as I would love to keep it and install it this weekend so if you would be so kind as to keep us updated on this it would be GREATLY appreciated.

dctokyo
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi bingo13,

Your right, it is very hard to understand what happen reading that article, so everything is good to go with the board right?

pinto
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
I use one for a week no problem! Yeah what's the problem?

webwilli
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Day 3 and still no news...

M@rcB
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Two weeks ago I purchased the Asus Maximus IV Extreme board with a 2600K processor. Since last week my system was up and running, with the emphases on was.... While checking some EFI settings, suddenly the mouse froze. As a result, I did a reboot but without any luck. CPU fan did turn and the LED's did light up but that was all. No boot, no screen (except for a black one) and no possibility to enter the EFI. The only thing shown by the Debug LED's was a code"00".

I switched back to the other EFI but again no luck, again code "00". The only thing I could conclude was a dead motherboard. For your information, except for the memory settings, I did NOT OC'ed the motherboard nor did I try anything to OC the board. The only thing I did was using the XMP profile of the Corsair CMT4GX3M2A2133CG memory modules at 2133MHz. All other EFI settings were default.

The supplier where I purchased the board agreed to return the board, unfortunately he is not able to provide the same board due to the Sandy Bridge issue. While searching for a supplier who could provide the Maximus IV Extreme, I spoke with a supplier who informed me that ASUS started a recall over here in The Netherlands. This recall was NOT related to the Sandy Bridge issue but due to a hardware issue of the Maximus IV Extreme. As a result, I started some googeling and found this posting on Xtreme Systems. The initial topic refers to the German website on which a user (Stefan 008) mentioned what he experienced "Bei mir lief das Board ja am Montag morgen nicht mehr nach dem ersten einschalten , bootete nicht , Postcode 00 und CPU-LED leuchtete dauerhaft rot". In my case, I had exactly the same experience, Post Code 00 and the CPU Led constantly red.

I have the impression, especially because I did not OC'ed the motherboard, that something is wrong with this first release (rev. 1.02).... :shrug:

raptord
02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I knew I should go with ASUS instead of asrock. My retalaier is unwilling to take back my extreme4.

M@rcB
02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't bother about that. Service of Asus is superb, once the Sandy Bridge bug is fixed, you can exchange your board for a new one without cost :)