PDA

View Full Version : Ceton InfiniTV 4 ?

sianhan
01-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Anyone use this cable tuner yet.Looks promising.

I'm thinking of getting one but live in t he u.k and am not sure if its compatible with the cablecards here.

Does anyone know where to get a cablecard from google it but found nothing?Wierd.

Any info would be good as i know nothing about getting cable on pc

Cheers Chris

HiJon89
01-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Won't work in the UK, and you would get a CableCARD from your cable TV provider.

josh1980
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Cablecards are rarely available. Where I live I have to buy the card for a very unreasonable price and also pay $50 a month to use one. Needless to say I didn't persue it.

HiJon89
01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Cablecards are rarely available. Where I live I have to buy the card for a very unreasonable price and also pay $50 a month to use one. Needless to say I didn't persue it.
Every cable provider is required to provide CableCARD's, if they charge an unreasonable amount (for sure anything >$10/month) file a complaint with the FCC and it will be taken care of. Usually CableCARD's cost $2-3/month.

josh1980
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Every cable provider is required to provide CableCARD's, if they charge an unreasonable amount (for sure anything >$10/month) file a complaint with the FCC and it will be taken care of. Usually CableCARD's cost $2-3/month.

I tried that already. Unfortunately there is nothing preventing them from charging excessive prices for a cablecard. I was told that ultimately some companies are allowed to charge more because a small number of customers request cable cards and they are permitted to pass excessive prices onto their customers. :(