PDA

View Full Version : Very bad reviews of AN50R!

Bandittheone
01-12-2004, 09:25 PM
When searching for reviews I came across many on the AN50R, all of which give it poor results, XbitLabs said it was like the second worst O/Cer in their 13 mobo roundup:stick:

Now I have seen some reviews that give it a better rating, and I think it's from either a newer revision of the board, or from a newer bios or...it's just the luck of the draw that their board could O/C further.:(

With this I become somewhat hesitant to get this board because of fear of getting a bad O/Cer...

Insted I might get the much cheaper K8N Non-Pro, which I also worry about because It might also be a poor O/Cer compared to the Pro ver.(it only has passive cooling on sb, while the Pro has active)

Btw, I am really tight on cash right now, so if the O/C capability of the AN50R isn't too much greater than the K8N Non-Pro then I will just get that.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I'm a bit confused.:confused:

xxORBxx
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
The shuttle has proven itself to be an awesome board. I would go withi it.

Perc
01-12-2004, 10:18 PM
yeah me and a friend are both building this system too and my friend is all brain washed by the reviews... im not going to worry what the reviews say? i see too many of you guys using it and praising it to worry about a few reviews... i gues my friend can go via and ill go nforce3 and in the end we will see who gets the faster system? now this 150/250 crap whats that all about? is it worth waiting on the 250 or is the 150 going to work just fine?

thx perc,

XtremepH
01-13-2004, 12:33 AM
well main reason the an50r got bad reviews were because it didn't include the ability to adjust memory timings until a later bios release. but my experience with the board have been great just waiting on a new psu and will mod the board for more volts on the vdimm

s e t h
01-13-2004, 01:08 PM
i drove it very early after release and man was it dodgy. i had to ditch using s-ata drives cause 3dmark would jump and skip unless i used ide drives. i would go with the gigabyte. (can't believe i just recommended gigabyte again - lol)

maybe the newer boards and bioses are better.