PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir Size

fendog
12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi, I am currently running a dual loop system, using a single 250ml internal cyclinder reservoir to service both loops (phobya balancer black nickel).

For draining/filling/maintenance purposes I want to replace the single reservoir with 2 smaller ones (80mm Bitspower multioption). I am not interested whatsoever in these drive bay reservoirs.

Are there any drawbacks of having such small reservoirs servicing each loop?

IFMU
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Reservoirs aren't even needed when it comes down to it, so no the size shouldn't make any difference.

Kenjiwing
12-31-2010, 11:49 AM
The size makes no diff at all.. buy the one that will fit the best and look the best in your case

fendog
12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Good news, thanks very much!

coolhandluke41
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
here is nice article ;
http://www.overclockers.com/water-cooling-reservoir-theory-and-construction-guide/

Bad213Boy
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
I use XSPC Res Top (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7226/ex-pmp-62/XSPC_Laing_DDC_Reservoir_Pump_Attachment_-_Laing_DDC-1T1TPlus_MCP-350355_No_Fittings.html). Works awesome. I just bought a one of those Bitspower Rotary 90-Degree joint for the top of the res. This way I can prop it up higher in the case.

Sadasius
12-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Let me guess....Its not the size but only how you use it?! :rofl: Sorry too big a door to resist. :D

But seriously it actually does depend on application. There are some who will use drums buried in the ground or use swimming pools etc. I know it sounds weird and awkward but in the days of performance only that is how it was. It took a lot longer to reach equilibrium that way to get some benching runs in on water.

PiLsY
01-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Vortex effect is bad with the zmulti 80mm. Also tricky to bleed as it pulls air bubbles back through before they can rise in the res. Its fine with a low power pump, EK DCP 2.2 works great. EK DCP 4.0 was a nightmare though (especially given its limited voltage range). I don't know how it would do with a 10w DDC, but certainly anything like an 18w DDC or D5 (non vario) would be less than ideal.

They provide a cap thing with 3 drilled holes in it that screws into the internal outlet to stop this happening - it works by destroying your flow rate.

I'd say avoid this res for a performance build.