PDA

View Full Version : problem

Hardass
08-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Running a P4, 1.8a, samsung 800 ram, Abit TH7, system was running fine. Moved case and door fell off, it has fans attached and pulled wires loose. Now when system starts I get a blue screen about inacessible_boot_device. Have changed hdd, cleared cmos, took out battery. Still same thing. Need Help.

TheDude
08-25-2002, 09:10 AM
You cleared Cmos which would be my 1st move. Check your cable connections for hard drive to make sure they are secure if you haven't already. if you can boot to safe mode, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver. You might even try switching HDD from 1 IDE connection to another on mobo.
This error indicates a disk controller configuration problem, or error in accessing the hard disk. Other possible causes include the following: during initialization of the I/O system, the driver for the boot device failed to initialize the boot device (device not available, SCSI error), or the file system could not recognize the data on the boot device. Also may indicate that a virus has infected the boot sector. I doubt that it is a virus as it worked fine before it was moved. Maybe try booting onto a floppy containing fdisk.exe and type:c:\> fdisk /mbr .This should reload your master boot record. All your files should stay intact. Can't come up with anything else..hope that helped.

Or try recovery from CD or console..what OS are you running?

IFMU
08-25-2002, 09:15 AM
One other possibility?
Pull the IDE cables and check the pins on the motherboard. See if any of them may have been pull and damaged or something?

Hardass
08-25-2002, 09:29 AM
I took all cables loose and reinstalled. Pulled cdrom and installed a dvd. I am reformatting now which I couldn,t do before the system kept giving errors and then would auto reboot before it was finished. So hopefully I cured whatever it was. Thanks guys.

TheDude
08-25-2002, 10:50 AM
I ran into a strange problem last night..my vapochill rig was locked up in windows, so I rebooted. Nada....black screen..would not post..beep..nothing. Did all the usual stuff..cleared cmos...took cards out..etc..no help. I ended up moving hard drive to another rig that was idle so my high value WU would complete. I am leaning towards CPU problem of some sort..unlock failed probably..dunno yet. Since I plan to switch some hardware around in a couple of days when JBELLs case gets here...it's just gonna sit until then. It's the little, unexpected things like that ...that really piss you off.

Hardass
08-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
I ran into a strange problem last night..my vapochill rig was locked up in windows, so I rebooted. Nada....black screen..would not post..beep..nothing. Did all the usual stuff..cleared cmos...took cards out..etc..no help. I ended up moving hard drive to another rig that was idle so my high value WU would complete. I am leaning towards CPU problem of some sort..unlock failed probably..dunno yet. Since I plan to switch some hardware around in a couple of days when JBELLs case gets here...it's just gonna sit until then. It's the little, unexpected things like that ...that really piss you off.
I hear ya Bro! Well mine is fixed back to folding. :toast:

TheDude
08-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Congrats on sorting it all out.:toast:

Hardass
08-25-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
Congrats on sorting it all out.:toast:
Thanks Dude.;)