PDA

View Full Version : Danger Den VS Primochill - Visuals

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
will let you all decide (vibration damping not installed on DD res)
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5365/dscf0346o.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3544/dscf0351c.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5736/dscf0349u.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1294/dscf0348p.jpg

Movieman
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Some observations:
They should have bookmatched the oak on the table but I do like the fireplace in the background!:rofl:

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Some observations:
They should have bookmatched the oak on the table but I do like the fireplace in the background!:rofl:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs334.snc4/41797_216174187704_4866_n.jpg

JoeBar
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
will let you all decide

This surely is a rhetorical question... :p:

Movieman's observations were... :ROTF: :rofl:

Church
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I'd say that DD res deserves transparent acrylic cases to show off back/top and sides as well :)

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't know if you can tell from the pics but the Danger Den one is just beefier. One looks like a Yugo and one like a Porshe. Will hook up the DD one tomorrow in a test loop

Movieman
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs334.snc4/41797_216174187704_4866_n.jpg
Just a bump and hopefully add a smile!:D

This surely is a rhetorical question... :p:

Movieman's observations were... :ROTF: :rofl:

:bows:

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Just a bump and hopefully add a smile!:D

:bows:
I honestly did not get the reference but no worries.

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Like I said in another thread, the T4 doesnt hold a candle to either the DD or the Koolance res. I can only assume that it will be a band for the buck res that will try to compete with the XSPC res, but with no price anounced at this point, who knows. I didnt have the problems with mine, that Utnorris had, but mine has been pumping on a test bench for the past few weeks as I havent had time to get to the build its going into. Just been to busy this month and then the holidays. Utnorris also had issue with the top and bottom ports not being able to use anything other than Primochill ghost fittings. Considering that its the only way to light the unit up, I dont mind using them. But I can understand why some would really hate that. I havent tried all the rear ports yet. Only two of them, but have found no leak with Enzotech 7/16 x 5/8 compression fittings. So there is some obvious tweaking that needs to be finished up given Utnorris and friends issues. If I were shelling out for yet another new res, then DD res would be my current choice. But I do have to say this... I love (I cant stress this enough) the rails on the T4. Even though its not installed in a rig, its currently installed in the drive bay of my MM case, but outside the case. The ability to loosen the holding screws to let the res "slide" out for filling is fantastic. I do wish other bay res's had something like that.

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
To be fair, the T4 is still in the early design stages and comparing the Premium Monsoon part that is $125 to the more economy priced T4 actually IS like comparing an economy car to a higher end sports car. The $99 economy/basic version linked bellow would be a little more fair...fairer? W/e

http://photos.dangerden.com/Reservoirs/Basic-Monsoon-D5-Dual-Bay/15093806_LsLrb#1128167577_AL2ey

I am sure the guys working on the T4 having seen the Monsoon parts will be revamping the design and coming back with a bigger gun--which is good for everyone as it will make me design an even better Monsoon part.

millertime359
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Ahh, now I know why you wanted one. :lol:

I was expecting worse than a visual comparison. You going to be able to put them through a performance review too DB?

Would love to see a DB style durability test. ;)

Tyranie909
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
That DD one is so horrible that I think you should send it to me for proper disposal....Also BG needs to seend me the 5 bay one as well so i can dispose of it as well.... lol

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Movieman here is the fireplace and table should you want some pRon for later ;)
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/768/dsc01281customer3.jpg

ScottALot
12-29-2010, 06:12 PM
It's the way you use it, really. The Primochill looks great in a lot of color schemes, but the Danger Den ones look amazing if you have the right theme.

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I think (but am not sure) he was referring to the veneer pattern on the table. Book matching is where alternating panels of veneer are flipped over so they are faced, or "face each other" like the pages of a book. Also called mirror matched in some parts of the country (here in Texas).

If I am correct and that is what he meant, it was a joke like commenting "I would have preferred book matched over slip matched or random matched (which looks like what is on the table) but the fireplace is lovely" when asked about the reservoirs.

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
It's the way you use it, really. The Primochill looks great in a lot of color schemes, but the Danger Den ones look amazing if you have the right theme.

What color scheme would the T4 look good in that the Monsoon part wouldn't? Just curious. Point being the entire line is modular and comes in many different colors (including all black like the T4) and also includes a black face plate O ring for those not wanting to add the contrast.

Waterlogged
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
To be fair, the T4 is still in the early design stages and comparing the Premium Monsoon part that is $125 to the more economy priced T4 actually IS like comparing an economy car to a higher end sports car. The $99 economy/basic version linked bellow would be a little more fair...fairer? W/e

http://photos.dangerden.com/Reservoirs/Basic-Monsoon-D5-Dual-Bay/15093806_LsLrb#1128167577_AL2ey

I am sure the guys working on the T4 having seen the Monsoon parts will be revamping the design and coming back with a bigger gun--which is good for everyone as it will make me design an even better Monsoon part.

+1, So glad you said this first Geno.

Good grief DB, tell me you didn't just compare a finished product to a private beta. :shakes: :down:

Head hunting is fine, just make sure you do it on even ground/terms. Right now, your "canned hunting" Primochill, please stop it before you get banned again.

millertime359
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
What color scheme would the T4 look good in that the Monsoon part wouldn't? Just curious.

+1, I'm wondering this too. I'm not certain what he really meant by that comment as i don't see why the DD has to be in a certain build to look good.

For it to look outstanding, an acrylic case would be best so you can see it in all it's glory. From the photos, it seems like it would just be a sin to put it into a normal case. :rofl: :rofl:

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 06:45 PM
+1, So glad you said this first Geno.

Good grief DB, tell me you didn't just compare a finished product to a private beta. :shakes: :down:

Head hunting is fine, just make sure you do it on even ground/terms. Right now, your "canned hunting" Primochill, please stop it before you get banned again.
Just showing what vendors make available :p: I do believe Primochill has had longer to do theirs since the base designer of both is the same person and he had to pretty much start over. If XS were to ban me for comparing two products - well, that would be really funny. guess I will see if Vapor gives me an infraction or not

Waterlogged
12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Just showing what vendors make available :p: I do believe Primochill has had longer to do theirs since the base designer of both is the same person and he had to pretty much start over. If XS were to ban me for comparing two products - well, that would be really funny. guess I will see if Vapor gives me an infraction or not

It could happen. ;)

<<See my location? I'm there because someone in another country couldn't hold their water and proved my last location accurate. ;)

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 07:03 PM
It could happen. ;)

<<See my location? I'm there because someone in another country couldn't hold their water and proved my last location accurate. ;)

I might point out the DD version is not exactly retail as you cannot order one right now. The difference is Danger Den is being transparent about the product so we have more direct information. Koolance came out with a nice product as well. Unfortunately I do not have one here to include in the comparison.

Martinm210
12-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Close up of the volute areas by chance?

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Close up of the volute areas by chance?

I don't post nekkid pics of me publicly. Wait, what are volute areas?

Johnny87au
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
DD looks solid and sexy as!

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I think that Primochill lacks the resources to get the T4 out and at full 1.0 readiness compared to larger companies like Koolance and DD. Also, I think they have lost a lot of face value with vendors as well as consumers over the T3 fiasco, as well as the somewhat public, dirty laundry with BG. But from a consumer point of view, they are trying to put things right and this time they arent changing their name. So I'm willing to let them earn my support, even if it takes them some time to do so. But in the end, my T4 is going to go into a workstation and I will be going with a couple of DD or Koolance dual D5 res's. I have an Opti-1203 so I want one for each bay system. One will be for a GPU loop and the other for CPU/MB. So its going to be about the symmetry of the front and if thats the case, I want it to look fantastic. The T4 just doesnt meet that need.

I would like to point out that the T4's body just looks like it was roughly cut compared to the DD and Koolance models. Its covered in lots of little micro scratches and tends to look like a buffing wheel went across the grain a few times. Even though I dont have a DD or Koolance res, I can tell by the pics that theirs have that extra spit and polish that really makes it look well handled. I'm curious as to what methods Primochill are using that makes it look like that while the rest look so much better.

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I think that Primochill lacks the resources to get the T4 out and at full 1.0 readiness compared to larger companies like Koolance and DD. Also, I think they have lost a lot of face value with vendors as well as consumers over the T3 fiasco, as well as the somewhat public, dirty laundry with BG. But from a consumer point of view, they are trying to put things right and this time they arent changing their name. So I'm willing to let them earn my support, even if it takes them some time to do so. But in the end, my T4 is going to go into a workstation and I will be going with a couple of DD or Koolance dual D5 res's. I have an Opti-1203 so I want one for each bay system. One will be for a GPU loop and the other for CPU/MB. So its going to be about the symmetry of the front and if thats the case, I want it to look fantastic. The T4 just doesnt meet that need.

I would like to point out that the T4's body just looks like it was roughly cut compared to the DD and Koolance models. Its covered in lots of little micro scratches and tends to look like a buffing wheel went across the grain a few times. Even though I dont have a DD or Koolance res, I can tell by the pics that theirs have that extra spit and polish that really makes it look well handled. I'm curious as to what methods Primochill are using that makes it look like that while the rest look so much better.if Primochill wants to release a better looking one for us to see I am all for it. We only have what we have. Since I have the T4 I will send it to get some type of testing of course

Utnorris
12-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Ok, so yes, I did have issues with the T4 I received and as I stated in the other thread Brian found and resolved the issues with the leaks and is shipping me a new back that fixes the issues.

I have had both of these (T4 and Monsoon) in my hands and played with them. Yes, the Monsoon is several steps up from a finished product standpoint and cosmetics, however they use the same basic design and I am willing to bet they perform pretty close to each other in dual loops. As far as single loops go, BG has already stated that he has fine tuned the bottom ports on the Monsoon to be better than previous designs.

There is no doubt that the Monsoon is a better, more refined product, but Brian is trying to take care of the T3 customers and this thread is a cheap shot. I really hate threads like this since they are nothing more than a flamebait. Are we going to start a thread about Enzotech compression fittings looking like BP fittings next? Or how CPU block "A" looks like CPU block "B"? This thread should be closed and deleted, it serves no purpose.

@DB, no they shouldn't ban you, but you know better. It's just really dissapointing.

Petra
12-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Movieman here is the fireplace and table should you want some pRon for later ;)

Remind me to never volunteer to wash your windows... :rolleyes:

That aside, the DD res is looking pretty good. :up:

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I agree that the DD is looking pretty good. I really love the face of the Koolance res, but do not want to look at it with only one pump installed. And since I want to res's seeing two of them like that would drive me batty. So I think I will end up getting two of the DD models.

Utnorris, maybe we should complie a list of parts that we have tried that work and dont work with the current T4 and pass it on to brian so he can get another revision out a bit faster. I've yet to try any of my barbs - swiftech, DD FB's, XSPC, and a few others. Also, I think I know why I didnt have the pump leak you had. I didnt use the ring supplied with the T4, nor did I use the original ring. I used one of my Bits Power UV green rings which are thicker, and I think made of some sort of vitron, so they dont squish out as easy as cheaper rubber o-rings. Dont know why I didnt mention that before, sorry. ^_^

I agree that this unit should not be compared to the higher end DD and Koolance res's, at least not now. We still dont have a clue to the price point. If Primochill does sell them near the $100 or higher mark then yes, they should very well be directly compared and as loudly and often as possible. While I'm pleased with the overall unit, I would not pay more than the original T3 $65-$70 price tag for it. Anything more is too much from what I can compare to the other res's. But the T4 does beat the XSPC in terms of looks and the option of a parallel loop option. Its all about the price at this point. I have also not run any LED's to the ghost fittings, so I have no idea how well it lights up. The XSPC res defuses the single LED's light way to much and the metal cover only provides that little slit of a window, so the T4 may have it beat on that option. Have you tried out some LED's with your's or your friends T4?

Charles Wirth
12-29-2010, 08:52 PM
The Danger Den would look great in my TT SwordM.

The Primochill is not far off and it should be a lot cheaper, I dont like the soft plastic plug or the window design.

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 09:00 PM
The Danger Den would look great in my TT SwordM.

The Primochill is not far off and it should be a lot cheaper, I dont like the soft plastic plug or the window design.

Hard to say on price but I would love to know.

DarthBeavis
12-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok, so yes, I did have issues with the T4 I received and as I stated in the other thread Brian found and resolved the issues with the leaks and is shipping me a new back that fixes the issues.

I have had both of these (T4 and Monsoon) in my hands and played with them. Yes, the Monsoon is several steps up from a finished product standpoint and cosmetics, however they use the same basic design and I am willing to bet they perform pretty close to each other in dual loops. As far as single loops go, BG has already stated that he has fine tuned the bottom ports on the Monsoon to be better than previous designs.

There is no doubt that the Monsoon is a better, more refined product, but Brian is trying to take care of the T3 customers and this thread is a cheap shot. I really hate threads like this since they are nothing more than a flamebait. Are we going to start a thread about Enzotech compression fittings looking like BP fittings next? Or how CPU block "A" looks like CPU block "B"? This thread should be closed and deleted, it serves no purpose.

@DB, no they shouldn't ban you, but you know better. It's just really dissapointing.

The purpose of this thread was to say they look alike or was it to contrast the two competing products? Guess we better delete all the performance testing threads as well, and all the over-clocking competitions, etc. Can't have anything that might create friction or competition?

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
I think the window design would be much better looking if the hex bolts on the back were also used up front. It would really give it a cool industrial look. I just dont like the flush bolts they went with. But from what I understand of the first run during the summer, they did use those for the front. If thats correct, then I wonder why they changed to the flush ones?

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM

I would like to point out that the T4's body just looks like it was roughly cut compared to the DD and Koolance models. Its covered in lots of little micro scratches and tends to look like a buffing wheel went across the grain a few times. Even though I dont have a DD or Koolance res, I can tell by the pics that theirs have that extra spit and polish that really makes it look well handled. I'm curious as to what methods Primochill are using that makes it look like that while the rest look so much better.

I can't speak for Koolance of course but I would imagine they just do a lot of post machining work like I do. DB just posted some pictures...let's not get carried away now, we are all members of the same community =)

ScottALot
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
What color scheme would the T4 look good in that the Monsoon part wouldn't? Just curious. Point being the entire line is modular and comes in many different colors (including all black like the T4) and also includes a black face plate O ring for those not wanting to add the contrast.

Simplicity (Primochill) works with everything, but complexity (DD) has to be tweaked to surpass simplicity. I can't really explain it otherwise.

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Simplicity (Primochill) works with everything, but complexity (DD) has to be tweaked to surpass simplicity. I can't really explain it otherwise.

I see your point...sort of I guess. Just the modder in me will always want options to make things the way I want them. Not sure there is really any more complexity either as you can just order the basic in black and it's virtually identical in overall form to the T4. Except it has the light switches up front (which obviously is a LOT easier then running some gorky switch harness and mounting switches elsewhere on your build).

And because you can also order all the other parts and finishes and colors ala carte you can then alter the look or function down the road for your next build for a lot less $$$...

And 6 face plate screws up front is probably easier then 8 up front AND 8 in the back...with the extra O rings...really not sure how the monsoon parts are more complex lol.

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I can't speak for Koolance of course but I would imagine they just do a lot of post machining work like I do. DB just posted some pictures...let's not get carried away now, we are all members of the same community =)

Lol, I wasnt knocking anything. I was just pointing out that the T4's body (all the ones I've seen pics of and the one in my hands right now) doesnt look like great care was done with the machining as its got lots of little scratches here and there and they are going in every direction. Meanwhile DD and Koolance seem to really keep the grain of their models looking real tight and clean.

I think little things like that do belong in the thread as they help a person consider the little details on wether or not to get something. I'd still take the T4 over the XSPC bay anyday of the week, just not over the others so long as the price is right. :)

BoxGods
12-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Lol, I wasnt knocking anything. I was just pointing out that the T4's body (all the ones I've seen pics of and the one in my hands right now) doesnt look like great care was done with the machining as its got lots of little scratches here and there and they are going in every direction. Meanwhile DD and Koolance seem to really keep the grain of their models looking real tight and clean.

I think little things like that do belong in the thread as they help a person consider the little details on wether or not to get something. I'd still take the T4 over the XSPC bay anyday of the week, just not over the others so long as the price is right. :)

...I meant DB get carried away not you :D

I know the little marks and blemishes you mean as my parts look the same way when they leave machining. I tried sand blasting and they looked a little better but I still was not happy, so then I tried acid etching...again better but still not as good as I wanted. It was just a lot of trial and error to find the right combination of sanding, polishing, acid etching, and media blasting to get the matte look I was after.

To me glossy plastic just has a sort of cheap import car look to it.

Utnorris
12-29-2010, 11:00 PM
The purpose of this thread was to say they look alike or was it to contrast the two competing products? Guess we better delete all the performance testing threads as well, and all the over-clocking competitions, etc. Can't have anything that might create friction or competition?

I would agree with you if both products were completed and on the market, however only the DD is available or soon will be. There is also the question of price. There is nothing wrong with comparing two competing products, so long as it is done in a tactful, non-biased way. Threads like this belong on a different forum and not here. We all know the history of the T3/T4 and I just don't see a need to rehash what has already been said.

harlock328
12-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I haven't installed my T4 yet but DB when PrimoChill sent you the T4 they asked not to post pictures of it since it was pre-production ( at least they did when they sent mine)

harlock328

Captain_Harlock
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
I recieved permission from Brian (owner of Primochill) last week to post pics and vids. I just havent had the chance yet. I can only assume the everybody can do it at this point. I'm getting over a nasty bug and just havent felt like it. DB just beat us all to it.

Martinm210
12-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Wait, what are volute areas?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Centrifugal_Pump.png/585px-Centrifugal_Pump.png
The pump casing that surrounds the impeller.

Here is some good light reading materials..:
http://www.pumpfundamentals.com/pump_glossary.htm

How about a simple bucket/stopwatch flow rate test through a block and rad or something similar?

Doesn't have to be a fancy PQ curve or anything, just any old simple test. Just use the same pump motor, power supply, and loop. Anyone can do this...no need to send it off for "Testing"...

:stick:Performance?

Rise
12-30-2010, 06:29 AM
actually, I'd like to see a host of dual-bay res' compared together - XSPC, DD, T4, Koolance, EK, and any others people can think of.

There is one thing that I'd have to throw out there is as much as I like the monsoon unit as a whole, but I'm just not sure I dig the front of it, and at the end of the day... that's all you'd see in most cases after it is installed. Having my first loop made of el-cheapo parts and a nicer loop setup now I can say from a "casual overclocker" standpoint, a degree here or there doesn't matter much to me as long as everything looks pretty. I'm not sure the DD res even beats the T4 from that standpoint because the faceplate has to match your case perfectly to not stick out (brushed black alu look vs flat black?) whereas acrylic works with any case.

PatRaceTin
12-30-2010, 07:42 AM
i need more light

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I haven't installed my T4 yet but DB when PrimoChill sent you the T4 they asked not to post pictures of it since it was pre-production ( at least they did when they sent mine)

harlock328

Primochill did not send me squat so I have no obligation to maintain their NDA :ROTF:

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
I would agree with you if both products were completed and on the market, however only the DD is available or soon will be. There is also the question of price. There is nothing wrong with comparing two competing products, so long as it is done in a tactful, non-biased way. Threads like this belong on a different forum and not here. We all know the history of the T3/T4 and I just don't see a need to rehash what has already been said.

Once you put a product into END USERS hands you open your product up for examination. Please quote me where I am not using tact in this thread. No abusive lanquage, no personal attacks, but showing the two products (neither which is currently available for purchase). Brian Ferrel is welcomed to come to this thread and show updated pictures and share updated information if he chooses. and no, not everyone knows the history but it is interesting to people to know the same person was the genesis of both products (well, Kaptain Krunch originated all pump/reservoir combo designs I guess but that is a topic for another thread).

Someone mentioned the slide rails on the T4. Wonder who designed them?

IFMU
12-30-2010, 09:30 AM
With just the pics provided, I like the DD res a bit better. Something about the full faceplate on the Primochill just seems... odd. :shrug: It might not be the plexi/acrylic, it might be the mounting bolts.

IMO I see nothing wrong with what's been posted so far in the thread. Granted a few have been a bit harsh, but not a one was by Darth.

Lets keep the thread clean folk... no reason to start **it in here.

the finisher
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
^ +1 :up:

Martinm210
12-30-2010, 10:09 AM
DB, would you happen to have a Koolance res/top also?

Would be great to see all three side by side... I'm not really interested in the all acrylic types, but have considered one of the acetal variety if their vibration dampening works.

Comparing front bezel only (only part I would see in my install), I like the monsoon better than the T4, but it's a bit of a tossup with Koolance. It's just hard to tell with different pictures.

Also if you guys can squeeze in a flow test of some sort, that would be awesome. Everyone has been ignoring that so far, and I know it doesn't mean much, but some performance numbers are generally part of any review/comparison.

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
DB, would you happen to have a Koolance res/top also?

Would be great to see all three side by side... I'm not really interested in the all acrylic types, but have considered one of the acetal variety if their vibration dampening works.

Comparing front bezel only (only part I would see in my install), I like the monsoon better than the T4, but it's a bit of a tossup with Koolance. It's just hard to tell with different pictures.

Also if you guys can squeeze in a flow test of some sort, that would be awesome. Everyone has been ignoring that so far, and I know it doesn't mean much, but some performance numbers are generally part of any review/comparison.Hmmm. Maybe Skinnee wants to bring his equipment and test it live at the XS party? I will bring my two reservoirs and will ask Koolance for one as well (I have a good relationship with them so maybe). Brian is welcome to send a newer unit as well ;)

and performance is critical - I just want testing with equipment. Please remember I am just a lowly modder and not a tester.

skinnee
12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
I have 2/3 of the mentioned pump reservoirs in house already... :wasntme:

Live testing sounds interesting, but not interesting enough for me to haul the pump test fixutre to LV (way more crap than setting up for benching). :)

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
I have 2/3 of the mentioned pump reservoirs in house already... :wasntme:

Live testing sounds interesting, but not interesting enough for me to haul the pump test fixutre to LV (way more crap than setting up for benching). :)

Don't need full tests just maybe flow and head pressure of something of the sort. Which unit do you not have?

skinnee
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Flow and head pressure are pretty much the full tests. :)

No T4.

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Flow and head pressure are pretty much the full tests. :)

No T4.

I will supply the T4. Dude bring your stuff man. I can help you figure out logistics if need be.

skinnee
12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Damn you DB. :p:

Martinm210
12-30-2010, 10:36 AM
DB want to test with Jager instead of water...so it might be a little harsh on the King Flow meter.....just kidding.:D

That might be a fun test though...:)

Thanks guys! look forward to results when you get them..

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 10:40 AM
DB want to test with Jagger instead of water...so it might be a little harsh on the King Flow meter.....just kidding.:D

That might be a fun test though...:)

Thanks guys! look forward to results when you get them..

I went to get Jager last night and I am on empty again. Sheesh. That is probably why I am not banZored here again. I think UTNorris likes me drunk better

Utnorris
12-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I went to get Jager last night and I am on empty again. Sheesh. That is probably why I am not banZored here again. I think UTNorris likes me drunk better

DB, I like either way, just don't like the thread or it's intention.

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 12:03 PM
DB, I like either way, just don't like the thread or it's intention.

sorry you feel that way. can't please them all. at least I am giving Brian Ferrel every opportunity to step up and be part of it.

skinnee
12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Me bringing test gear to Vegas just isn't gonna happen. Maybe we can setup some sort of display/demo next year...

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Me bringing test gear to Vegas just isn't gonna happen. Maybe we can setup some sort of display/demo next year...

damn. I will see if I can fish up some stuff then.

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Like the DD res.....Looks spiffy! :up: This is up there with the Koolance one. Those 2 should be compared more if anything.

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Like the DD res.....Looks spiffy! :up: This is up there with the Koolance one. Those 2 should be compared more if anything.The DD VS Primochill context is much richer ;) It is a competition to see who's product comes on top quite honestly. If you want details about the history you can PM me.

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Nah it's okay....I know the history on this one. I don't mind the comparison to Primochill. It is just that it does not look as good as the other 2 mentioned. The DD one has a really nice appeal. When are they coming out?

millertime359
12-30-2010, 02:07 PM

Honestly Norris, your the one bringing up all the dirty laundry.

I'm certain that if someone has a Koolance one they are willing to donate to the cause, DB would edit the OP and include it.

He has been nothing but tactful in this thread, a complete difference from the other thread that got him banned. He learned his lesson, now let's stop attacking him.

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
He learned his lesson

Is this the same DB we know? LOL :D Hey Miller and had to DB....Door was open!

DarthBeavis
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Honestly Norris, your the one bringing up all the dirty laundry.

I'm certain that if someone has a Koolance one they are willing to donate to the cause, DB would edit the OP and include it.

He has been nothing but tactful in this thread, a complete difference from the other thread that got him banned. He learned his lesson, now let's stop attacking him.there is always the subtext of course which UT alludes to but I will not post it publically and will leave it in the backround (unless of course someone needs to be brought up to speed in PMs). No need to really flame a vendor here (already got sued for that as have a few others here at XS - instead we can deal with PRODUCTS and not people and their intentions, relationships, deeds and misdeeds). Heck, I wish Bitspower and EK would come out with their versions as well as I like their products in general (though I am a sad panda from not having someone release a workable ASUS Rampage 3 Gene block). I have Eddy's spinner reservoir in my Star Wars Holocron build and love it and have a Bitspower mini reservoir in my Son's Dragon Ball Z build and love it as well. Have many Koolance products here that have served me well in the past.

millertime359
12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Is this the same DB we know? LOL :D Hey Miller and had to DB....Door was open!

Hey bud, see u couldn't stay away for too long. ;)

Yea, I know what you are referring to DB, but hey what happened happened. If you opened a thread like this comparing the Koolance to the DD, I doubt anyone would say anything.

Looking forward to seeing some performance data. :up:

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah I could not stay away. I just seen too many doors open to take a poke at DB and could not resist. Well that and realizing that I 'may' have overreacted a little bit. Nobody can say I did not take a stand though.

Nice fireplace DB...dang I want to spend Christmas at your house and I too do not want to clean your windows. Looks like a dangerous job without a skycrane or something of equal length and yes I know this is open to a trouser monster joke...:D

Seriously though the DD res is pretty awesome looking. May use it in my next build 'Stoned'.

the_dope_chaud
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
:eleph::eleph::eleph: yay, my 2 favorite guys on XS are back !!! (DB and sadasius):eleph::eleph::eleph:

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
HAHAHA.....I would dance too but those awesome elephants seem to be doing a nice job of it. :up:

The Monsoon on the DD site is a little different then the one shown here. Colors are reversed actually with another one that is blue and silver. Is the black one here going to be for sale? ***EDIT*** Never mind....found the others.
http://www.dangerden.com/store/image.php?type=D&id=1112?1293757609705 (http://www.dangerden.com/store/monsoon-red_premium-d5-dual-bay-reservoir.html)

millertime359
12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
A little slow tonight hey buddy? :p:

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I blame the DD site and I am sticking to that...:sofa:

millertime359
12-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Just blame BG, always works for me. ;)

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 05:38 PM
But so many have done that before....I am a rebel! :D

The Byter
01-24-2011, 05:08 AM
I got my T4 (after 3xT3)...

Is looks good BUT....it leaks from the pump mount....I hate it :(

Utnorris
01-24-2011, 07:25 AM
I got my T4 (after 3xT3)...

Is looks good BUT....it leaks from the pump mount....I hate it :(

I had the same issue, it is because the groove cut for the o-ring is too deep. Brian got this fixed and sent me a new back. Email him and he should be able to do the same for you. I tried using two o-rings, but the pump still sat to far forward and caused other issues. Now that I have the new back it works fine. No it's not the DD or even in the same league cosmetically, but it does work well once you have the new back.

The Byter
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Can you give me his email please ?

DarthBeavis
01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
I had the same issue, it is because the groove cut for the o-ring is too deep. Brian got this fixed and sent me a new back. Email him and he should be able to do the same for you. I tried using two o-rings, but the pump still sat to far forward and caused other issues. Now that I have the new back it works fine. No it's not the DD or even in the same league cosmetically, but it does work well once you have the new back.

:rofl: