PDA

View Full Version : Need help finishing WC rig.

saint19
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I guys.

I'm finishing my WC rig, the components are this:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickle Rev 2.0
2xBitspower Compression fittings 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD.
Aquarium pump
Custom radiator (similar to a car's radiator)

Now, I was planing use the same liquid that I used for my car's radiator. The liquid comes in green color and I was planing add a little of water for not use it pure.

After a lot of advices from other users say me that isn't a good idea, that always is better distilled or De-ionized Water and a 99.99% pure silver coil/kill coil.

I can buy distiller water in my country, but the silver coil is pretty difficult to find here. What happen if I don't use it? Do I need something more?

RedFang300
12-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I guys.

I'm finishing my WC rig, the components are this:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickle Rev 2.0
2xBitspower Compression fittings 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD.
Aquarium pump
Custom radiator (similar to a car's radiator)

Now, I was planing use the same liquid that I used for my car's radiator. The liquid comes in green color and I was planing add a little of water for not use it pure.

After a lot of advices from other users say me that isn't a good idea, that always is better distilled or De-ionized Water and a 99.99% pure silver coil/kill coil.

I can buy distiller water in my country, but the silver coil is pretty difficult to find here. What happen if I don't use it? Do I need something more?

Curious, what country is that? Also if you only use distilled water then after a while of use your water will become undistilled as all distilled water eventually does. However in a closed system its not that rapid, 6-12 months if everything goes smoothly. The silver coils and additives that people add to the distilled water is to prevent organisms from growing in the distilled water. Copper (as most system are filled with) kills a bunch of the nasty things, but silver is used to keep the others in check.

I recommend just ordering the silver kill coils online, http://www.petrastechshop.com/sikibyia.html

I have one of those in each of my loops, and I also put some additive as well just to be sure, but no dyes or color changers, don't want clogs. Which your car radiator fluid might do even diluted.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_381_383&products_id=23352 I'm not sure if this is the "best" but I have feser radiators and their warranty required its use, now I hear they are done with radiators so meh.

asura
12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Find a jeweller, ask them for some fine silver, they should have some, or be able to advise you where to get some in your area.

jspace
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
If nothing else you should be able to find some silver wire on Ebay. If you plan on changing water regularly I don't think it's too terribly important though, and if you're using a res you can always just add it later.

saint19
12-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Curious, what country is that? Also if you only use distilled water then after a while of use your water will become undistilled as all distilled water eventually does. However in a closed system its not that rapid, 6-12 months if everything goes smoothly. The silver coils and additives that people add to the distilled water is to prevent organisms from growing in the distilled water. Copper (as most system are filled with) kills a bunch of the nasty things, but silver is used to keep the others in check.

I recommend just ordering the silver kill coils online, http://www.petrastechshop.com/sikibyia.html

I have one of those in each of my loops, and I also put some additive as well just to be sure, but no dyes or color changers, don't want clogs. Which your car radiator fluid might do even diluted.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_381_383&products_id=23352 I'm not sure if this is the "best" but I have feser radiators and their warranty required its use, now I hear they are done with radiators so meh.

I'm from Colombia. So, the radiator fluid isn't a good idea.

I will try to order those components that you recommended, but just for curiosity. What happen if I don't use it o if only use the Silver coil?, my budget is limited and the International shipping cost me a lot.

Another question, the aquarium pump is a good idea? or is better get a different one, if that is the case, what pump do you recommend?. Not so expensive.

PatRaceTin
12-28-2010, 07:41 AM
check how those aquarium pump perform (some type is bad when using with PC WC System)