PDA

View Full Version : Radiator placement?

man00
12-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Been thinking about going with water the two kits I been looking at are the
XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit and the H20-220 Apex Ultima CPU liquid cooling kit. I'm using a Antec 1200 case. Only place I see to mount the Rad is outside on the back. There are two holes in the case for the hoses but unsure if I can fit the rad there because of how they are cut and how low. If anyone has this setup or knows how to mount the Rad let me know...thanks

Johnny87au
12-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I would stay away from the h20-220x kit, it sucks major... Go with custom..

thegcpu
12-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Not so fast with that system sucks...

Out of all the complet kits the Swiftech is the best!! I highly recommend that system to get you going. 1. It has one of the best pumps available MCP655 2. It has a very good res. 3. The Rad is not bad at all (ask Skinnee).It brings all you need, good tubing, fans, it even brings resistors to slow down the fans.. In fact it's really one of the best kit out there. But I would recommend the Ultima XT, It brings the Apogee XT water block...

LOL

I forgot the most import part of the system for your
Radiator mounting…

It brings the Radbox for mounting your radiator outside the case……...

Johnny87au
12-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Not so fast with that system sucks...

Out of all the complet kits the Swiftech is the best!! I highly recommend that system to get you going. 1. It has one of the best pumps available MCP655 2. It has a very good res. 3. The Rad is not bad at all (ask Skinnee).It bring all you need, good tubing, fans, it even brings resistors to slow down the fans.. In fact it really the best kit out there. But I would recommend the Ultima XT, It brings the Apogee XT water block...

You could build a cheaper system which performs 10x better then that kit ;), Dont get me wrong has some sweet parts such as a D5 vario but yeah you get the drift..

Conumdrum
12-26-2010, 01:17 AM
You could build a cheaper system which performs 10x better then that kit ;), Dont get me wrong has some sweet parts such as a D5 vario but yeah you get the drift..

Not 10x times, maybe a bit better and it will cost more. A good solid WC loop for a CPU with all quality parts and a bit of bling (better res/tubing etc) will set you back about $300, maybe a bit more.:up:

penguins
12-26-2010, 01:29 AM
now that's bs. How does it suck major?!
it comes with one of the best cpu coolers ( within a tenth of a degree ! )
a good pump, good radiator. What's bad about any of these parts?
how are you going to build a custom loop with the same size rad that is 10x better ?

I would suggest the h20-220 or 320 edge kits, instead of the Ultima as you're paying for an older gpu block ( still pretty good, but not as good as the newever MCW80 ) and a chipset block you prolly won't use.

Thing that is great about the 220 and 320 kits is that they're just as easy to buy the kit as the parts.

the h20-320 kit is just a few components put together.
if you want the rad res and pump in one it's what you want.
if you don't order the pump, the rad, a res. the Apogee XT is a great cooler.

that said, the XSPC kit is also a good kit, but i would personally go for the kit with the RX rad instead of the RS for lower speed fans if you can fit it.
the Rasa is up there with the top dogs in performance too. but the pump that comes with the kit isn't as expensive as the mcp35x from swiftech that comes in their edge kits, is quiet won't push as much flow
but for a CPU loop you don't need the mcp35x's top speed. if you plan on expanding out later or it's just a maybe, i would go for the mcp35x instead of the XSPC res/pump as it has better headroom.

course you could always just get a

mcp35x
Apogee XT(L)
MCR 220(or bigger)
tubing
and their mini res
that antec 1200 is GREAT for radiator placement. the back fans!! 90* fittings can make the tubes reach those holes if you get the swiftech and need to have it outside, but if you just get regular radiator from them that i said it will fit inside.

btw, the Apogee XTL is just not chrome plated version, so it costs less. and looks better imo..

Not 10x times, maybe a bit better and it will cost more. A good solid WC loop for a CPU with all quality parts and a bit of bling (better res/tubing etc) will set you back about $300, maybe a bit more.:up:

+1

Waterlogged
12-26-2010, 01:36 AM

:hm:. . .really?, then I suggest you put up or shut up. Build him a list of a custom that will beat the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima kit by 10X AND cost less. :wave:

This ought to very interesting.;)

Johnny87au
12-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Mcr220
Swiftech Micro res
Tygon/Masterkeeler
Ek supreme LT/heatkiller.. better and cheaper :)

And WL 10x was just a figure of speech, kinda over exaggerating lol, "put up or shutup?" Bit harsh...

mm67
12-26-2010, 02:10 AM

Since when have these two been better than an Apogee XT ? EK Supreme HF or XSPC Rasa might be a bit better and cheaper than Apogee XT.

PiLsY
12-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Swiftech kit is better.

I'd have to say go custom at that price though. For a cpu only loop you dont need the 355. An ek dcp 4.0 will do great for that loop and save some money. MCR220 + yates, xspc tubing (cheap and good) and cpu block of choice. Either integrated res for pump or res of choice. Will work out cheaper than the kits and likely perform better.

For simplicity though you cant beat the kits. Convenience always costs a little extra, and the swiftech kit is as complete as they come.

Waterlogged
12-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Mcr220
Swiftech Micro res
Tygon/Masterkeeler

And WL 10x was just a figure of speech, kinda over exaggerating lol, "put up or shutup?" Bit harsh...

HK costs a lot more (like $40US) than the Supreme LT (or did you mean HF?). . .and what about fittings?

Right now, I have a Delrin/copper LT spec'd loop (minus fittings, also substituted LRT for tubing you mentioned) at $231.30 @ FCPU and they have the kit mentioned for @259.95. A EK Delrin/copper HF puts the price @ 258.30 and the HK puts the price @ 271.30 and this is still without any fittings priced out which still need to be added for the CPU block at least.

Harsh huh?. . .so was

I would stay away from the h20-220x kit, it sucks major... Go with custom..
;)

You should know better than to rip a very well respected vendors kit here, especially when that kit is one of the few worth recommending. ;)

Johnny87au
12-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Well i was a quick on the pedal, It is a good kit i was just against some of the parts thats all..

penguins
12-26-2010, 04:11 AM
You mean the Apogee XT? or the pump? neither are worse than those you suggested

I prefer the HF anyday seeming as i use alot of blocks and the low restriction actually helps quite a bit.. Anyhow heres some charts for comparison...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5289/eksupremehdcomparisonre.png
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8979/eksupremehfpt1chart.png
you're even linking an image from skinnee in another thread for someone trying to chose between the two that only shows a .74 °C difference.

and if flow was a problem you're proposed flowrate easily meets or exceeds 1.5 gpm which by some user testing here is surely enough flow.

if you were talking about the pumps, the mcp35x is hands down a better pump than the 355 although it's more money.

so i don't see how any of the components in the kits are bad at all.especially the Ultima without the hard mounted pump which will handle a cpu only loop very well.

Scubar
12-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Someone failed hard in this thread.

The 220 kit is very good for a starter all in one kit. Of course you can get better if your willing to pay the price to get better Rad/Fans/Blocks/Fittings.

As for mounting the Rad. If your using the Antec 1200 i doubt your using all of the 5.25" bays in which case you could probably mount the radiator in there as you can get radiator-5.25 bay adaptors.

man00
12-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks folks for all the information...

Kurz
12-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks folks for all the information...

Lol don't worry keep posting back.
We are all about the xtreme!!

so choose what your wallet and sanity will allow.
Often we give you both bleeding edge and Bang for Buck.

mindwreck
12-26-2010, 10:38 AM
soo.... back to the original topic.. since your sticking with a 240 radiators.

a 240 might fit at the bottom next to the powersupply. I would get some measurements.. also depends on where you put your case as it will need clearance on the bottom for air..

you could put it in the front. uses up some drive bays but the case already has 3 120mm fans in the front so it would be fine there.

stick it in the back with with the 2x120s back there. might be a little cramp but it could work.

Johnny87au
12-26-2010, 12:01 PM
You mean the Apogee XT? or the pump? neither are worse than those you suggested

you're even linking an image from skinnee in another thread for someone trying to chose between the two that only shows a .74 °C difference.

and if flow was a problem you're proposed flowrate easily meets or exceeds 1.5 gpm which by some user testing here is surely enough flow.

if you were talking about the pumps, the mcp35x is hands down a better pump than the 355 although it's more money.

so i don't see how any of the components in the kits are bad at all.especially the Ultima without the hard mounted pump which will handle a cpu only loop very well.

The rad isnt the best thats for sure, besides if hes gonna dish out that kinda money wouldnt it be better to spend another $50 and just go custom.. penguins 2 threads ive been posting in i've noticed your trying to target me.. :ROTF::shakes: , And as for the links you linked above, the HF is a better block so of course im going to link the best block like he asked for ..

armada10
12-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Get the xspc x20 750 kit for half the price of the swifty( I have one in my rig, 10c improvement over my megatron on a 4ghz oc i7 930 1.34v), tried a custom loop before I returned it(apogee xt, mcr220, jingway 1200, micro res), only 2-3c difference if any at all. The pump/res on the xspc kit might not be as powerful as the swifty but the rasa block is one of the least restrictive around so you can get a bigger rad and add a gpu block I you want in the future and the 750 pump will be able to handle it, also if you go with the xspc kit it comes with brackets to mount your rad outside your case.

penguins
12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
The rad isn't the best that's for sure, besides if hes gonna dish out that kinda money wouldn't it be better to spend another $50 and just go custom.. penguins 2 threads I've been posting in I've noticed your trying to target me.. :ROTF::shakes: , And as for the links you linked above, the HF is a better block so of course I'm going to link the best block like he asked for ..

are you refering to this?

johhny, he (churchy) wasn't referring to skinnee's test results he was referring to gabe's reference to his own testing.

I said that because I thought you were confusing what Churchy said thinking he was talking about Skinnee instead of Gabe.

sorry bro I don't target anyone, otherwise I would just say some 1 sentence comment being a troll.

trying to come to an understanding.
Make sure I'm reading what you're saying, instead of replying to what I think you're saying.
As this is the internet and things get scewed sometimes.

Which isn't the best radiator, the Pump/res/Rad combo? or the MCR 220?

I'm sorry if me going through your post and telling someone who is asking for Facts and Truths instead of opinion,
which opinions are not complete truths, but if you look around I was one of the nicest.
imo giving someone the specs as you did in that thread linking Skinnee's test results is perfect.
let them figure it out on their own.
is 0.74°c worth the mounting hardware for example of the XT.
is $20 USD AND 0.74°c better performance worth the Supreme HF over the XTL?(from the edge kits)

I was not saying the HF isn't tested to give better temps.
I was saying that the Apogee XT isn't a piece of crap,
actually that it is quite an awesome block,
slightly more restrictive than HF, but if it's within 1C why not let someone else figure out what they want?

you've changed your statement multiple times this thread. yet everyone else supports each other's posts. I don't think it's because of a mob mentality or anyone trying to focus on you.
only because an incorrect opinion and false statements were made.

seriously, I have no ill will towards anyone here, remember it's the internet, I don't know your inflection, you don't know mine I'm just trying to keep it civil/factual instead of opinion based.

man00
12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I went ahead and ordered the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 kit..should do me okay..I hope
Thanks again for the help all of you

Sadasius
12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Well i was a quick on the pedal, It is a good kit i was just against some of the parts thats all..

It happens. I am one to mash the pedal through the floor myself sometimes. :yepp: It is why we need people like Waterlogged to help remind us because he literally remembers ever damn thread in here. :yepp:

@man00 try using this on the back of your case...click the pic

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/bkt-hx001_p2.jpg (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=829)

Johnny87au
12-30-2010, 05:18 PM
It happens. I am one to mash the pedal through the floor myself sometimes. :yepp: It is why we need people like Waterlogged to help remind us because he literally remembers ever damn thread in here. :yepp:

@man00 try using this on the back of your case...http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/bkt-hx001_p2.jpg (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=829)

lol amen to that, i read over 500 threads a day from several forums and forget half of what i read lol , dam you WL :ROTF::rofl:

penguins
12-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I went ahead and ordered the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 kit..should do me okay..I hope
Thanks again for the help all of you

you should easily be able to fit that inside your case. get some medium medium high speed fans and you'll be underwater.

man00
12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
you should easily be able to fit that inside your case. get some medium medium high speed fans and you'll be underwater.
Maybe, I bought the RadBox just in case