PDA

View Full Version : Best. Simulator. Ever.

Kai Robinson
12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
...can i have one please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Cmel8rvjU&feature=player_embedded#

DeltZ
12-18-2010, 12:08 PM
wow, that IS impressive.:D ending is the best

dengyong
12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
...can i have one please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Cmel8rvjU&feature=player_embedded#

You "can" but you may not... Get the supra going. :D

Scubar
12-18-2010, 01:26 PM
What a stupid simulator. Its totally unrealistic, looks like he is flying a jet fighter and not driving a car.

Do you normally get violently jerked forward and endup facing the ground when u brake. Errr NO. Do you violently tilt to one side when you turn a corner. Errrr NO.

It would be more realistic if they put the chair on Two axis of forward/backward and left/right and had the chair move along those instead to simulate the sensation of braking and accelerating and cornering.

Kai Robinson
12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
9" of snow + lack of any motivation = MEH!

Hondacity
12-18-2010, 02:07 PM
wish arcade games were like that...

[XC] Lead Head
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
What a stupid simulator. Its totally unrealistic, looks like he is flying a jet fighter and not driving a car.

Do you normally get violently jerked forward and endup facing the ground when u brake. Errr NO. Do you violently tilt to one side when you turn a corner. Errrr NO.

It would be more realistic if they put the chair on Two axis of forward/backward and left/right and had the chair move along those instead to simulate the sensation of braking and accelerating and cornering.
The idea is that when it tilts back/forward you will get pulled out or into the seat by gravity. It will give you the sensation of acceleration/deceleration. Same with it tilting you side to side.

Putting the chair on rails so to speak would be lame. The chair could only accelerate in a particular direction for a split second if that. This can give you a constant sensation.

Scubar
12-18-2010, 02:22 PM
except the sensation is completely unrealistic as to what driving a real racing car would be, quite a big problem there.

[XC] Lead Head
12-18-2010, 02:26 PM
except the sensation is completely unrealistic as to what driving a real racing car would be, quite a big problem there.
And how would you know what this simulator is like?

Your idea would be far worse than this.

MikeB12
12-18-2010, 02:59 PM
pretty cool.. but it really doesn't simulate g's and ass pucker factor.. which is what most speed junkies get off too.. It's a nice toy, but that's all it is.

I used to race MX on a YZ250 and later did track days on various sport bikes... I guess the virtual reality thing could never come close to the real thing.

but it's still a cool toy. :up: so thumbs up for that. though I'd never fork out the money to own it. I'd still luv to try it as a simulator.

DeltZ
12-18-2010, 03:09 PM
tilt is the only way you can simulate constant acceleration. Can do sharp changes in G by quick rotation (obviously an approximation). But short of actually driving a car, all acceleration constant over any decent amount of time has to be done via tilt and you'd be surprised how well it works

Mash
12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Virgin Racing simulator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEv-hXp96Y

Kallenator
12-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Have you ever been in a proper simulator? :confused:

I have, and the mere tilting, shaking and the other fast motions feels really realistic. Don't know for certain, but I think it has much to do with the screen with the motion helps fool the brain and our senses.

SewerSide
12-26-2010, 10:09 PM

http://one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/facepalm.jpg

biohead
01-04-2011, 11:57 PM

can you tell by the pixels?

Kingcarcas
01-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Hooooray!! Something that isn't that eye-infinity thing with bezels between every monitor:clap: