PDA

View Full Version : AN7 Phasechange Boot Problem

krg
01-10-2004, 03:24 PM
I run a prommie R404a Modded for the cpu and a vapo to chill the water for the min..

I have a boot up issue with the AN7...
i run 2 x power supplys... A Enermax PSU for the vapo and the prommie fans, heaters etc and a pc power and cooling 510 deluxe to run my pc..
I have done this for the voltage issues with the vapo cc...
I run these through 2 x 12v relays one to hold my peltiers off and one to hold the second power supply off untill the vapo cc is at the desired boot temp.. i use the vapo cc 12v switch wire to switch the relays.. as you know the vapo cc holds the 12v line off the motherboard until the boot temp is reached.. this was fine using a Abit Nf7s V2.0 i just hit the power button on the pc and up she fires when the vapo cc gets to boot temp..

With the Abit AN7 it just goes in to alarm bells and shuts down as it isnt getting the necessary voltage to the motherboard on the 12v side...
This board also as a reset hold prob like the ic7 so cant hold it by the prommie either..
I do not want to run a 3rd Nventiv power supply to boot the Prommie
very bad design from abit cant hold the 12v off or hold it in reset.. or run without a fan connected to the cpu header what are they thinking as phasechange is becoming more popular as time moves on.. im loosing faith in Abit as the KV8 seems to have the same probs to
if any one as got a work round please let me know....

krg :D