PDA

View Full Version : Whats the big deal with LianLi cases?

iceman33
01-10-2004, 12:11 PM
To me they are just overpriced cases that look plain. Do they have something secial that other cases dont have?

Speed_Mechanic
01-10-2004, 02:27 PM
They are quality Aluminum cases with a nice motherboard tray feature. Besides CoolerMaster and Kingwin, not many offer the same quality and features as Lian-Li.

benonmsn
01-11-2004, 03:14 AM
no

Speed_Mechanic
01-11-2004, 02:39 PM
If you want over-priced, check out the SilvestoneTek SST-TJ03-S. Basic (high-quality) aluminum full-sized tower with slidable motherboard tray (w/ 120mm intake; 3x80mm exhaust) for only (:)) $289 shipped (Sundial Micro).

Holst
01-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I use one becuase it was cheap...

PC60 is not an expensive case... its just not cheap steel crap.

The main reason I changed from my old steel one to the liani was the sliding motherboard try, and it looks nice.
The styling isnt exactly striking, but it looks smart with my drives stealthed, I havent had time to do any other case mods yet.

Just out of interest what do you think is better than a lianli iceman? and why?

faruquehabib
01-19-2004, 02:37 PM
i have yet to see a case built better than my pc65b. you can just tell it is high quality craftsmanship. all aluminum, very sturdy, removable mobo tray, all screwless design.

Sarcastro
01-20-2004, 05:23 PM
When you have to build ugly dirtcheap sharp steel south asian :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: cases daily, you will appreciate every little detail that the lianli pc6x line of cases has to offer.

At least, that's how I feel about it. :D

They have thought about everything in it, you can take it a part completely, and get every component, wire and whatnot in the place you want it to be. Furthermore, they offer a lot more building space than other cases of the same dimensions, mainly because of the harddisk tray that is placed sideways on the front of the bottom.

Alexandrus
01-21-2004, 04:41 AM
I haven't trully apreciated a Lian-Li case until I had one to play with. They are quite nice, nicer than CoolerMaster IMO, and even nicer than KingWin/SuperFLower/TTGI, which come very close to Lian-Li.
The only case that also comes close to Lian-Li is the Antec P160, but even that doesn't have the same mobo tray, has rotated HDD bays but compensates by having 120mm fans ;)

Semper Fi
01-21-2004, 05:16 AM
they're solid cases. So easy to mod too.

nailbomb
01-22-2004, 07:55 AM
The big deal is that they all cost more than my Kingwin KT-424, which is a nice case BTW :)

I'd get the full tower Lian-Li thou, it looks killer.

JBELL
01-23-2004, 12:24 PM
i modded my prometeia with a lian li kit ... over rated case.

Underwater Mike
01-23-2004, 02:56 PM
I just bought a PC65 to replace the PC61 on which I perfected my chopping... uh, modding... skills. The PC61 still looks great from the outside, but I am pretty particular about having all the cuts, etc., straight on the inside, which I did not do on the old case. So, now I have a spare...

I bought the LL because of the solid construction and the mobo tray. I wish they had one with 120mm fans, but otherwise I think they're a good value for what you get.

Nookie420
01-26-2004, 03:32 AM
yup, i like, my next case will definetly be a PC-70

faruquehabib
01-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Nookie420
yup, i like, my next case will definetly be a PC-70

ditto that, bro!! :toast:

lutjens
01-31-2004, 06:24 AM
Bought my PC70 two years ago...buy and forget item.:)

Very high quality, and tons of room to work in. Any motherboard out there will fit in this case.

The best part is that they conduct heat much better than steel cases, making your case a heatsink of sorts. Especially for things like drives...they run much cooler in an Aluminum case.

My drive bays are only slightly warm to the touch with multiple 10K drives in each bay (and one 15k:)). You can get usually get away with just the bays (no fans) and still get really good cooling, when fans would be a requirement in a steel case.

All told, Lian Li makes awesome cases....:)

The only real downside (IMHO) is the lack of aluminum faceplate covers for all CD drives (they exist for some). But those can be made...;)

WxChaser
01-31-2004, 06:28 AM
I own 2 lian li cases and they are ok (one PC65 modded for Mach II) and one other PC 65 in standard use.

Personally I prefer the CoolerMaster cases much more. I have a couple of those as well and they are solid and just seem to me to be better built...to me they even look better (personal preference). Really like my ATC 201 case a lot, been thru many equip. changes and it looks great.

Pierre
02-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Yah, I almost...

***>>ALMOST<<***

settled for a Lian Li case...

(grin)

Love my Kingwin!