PDA

View Full Version : PT nuke expiration?

jinsean
12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I bought some PT nuke back in 2007 and I still have plenty left. Does it have an expiration date?

I'm going to be draining my loop soon and was curious if it's still good to use the PT nuke...

Thanks.

Boulard83
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Im using the same btl since ~2008 and its still doing its job.

jinsean
12-06-2010, 11:27 AM
FYI - i PM'd Petra directly and replied the following:

I have a PT nuke from 2007. Is it still good to use?

Thanks.

2007... 2007... I don't think that I released Nuke -PHN until the latter half of 2008, so that would mean that you're asking about Nuke -Cu (blue liquid), correct? If so, the active ingredient in Nuke -Cu is a copper salt (specifically, Copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate) which does not expire.

-Alex

NaeKuh
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
yes... copper 2 sulfate, doesnt have a shelf life.

Infact you can probably even condense the solution u got, recrysalize the Cu2S back to its blue crystals, and store it away dry!.

The thing i would be worried about is evaporation.

Alex diluted a master mix, and it can evap.
Meaning your Cu2S could be higher in consentration per does then when you first bought it.

But once again, in drop application, its moot, as long as u don't pour half the bottle in.

Petra
12-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Alex diluted a master mix, and it can evap.
Meaning your Cu2S could be higher in consentration per does then when you first bought it.

This is true, but [when closed up] I've found that the polyethylene dropper bottles we used are pretty good about not losing fluid volume through evaporation. Even if you do lose some to evaporation, it won't change the concentration enough to be an issue (obviously, though, if you had an unused bottle which somehow had lost half of its water through evaporation, then you may want to either cut your "dosage" in half or add an appropriate amount of distilled to the solution).

As a side note, just for you NaeKuh ;), I used to make the Nuke -Cu in small batches (typically enough chemical for about 50 bottles after using a bit for validation) and would occasionally bottle two or three batches back-to-back. I didn't go all 5 gallon fort pack on the Nuke -Cu like I did with the Nuke -PHN. Then again, I didn't like working with the source chemical for the Nuke -PHN... and nobody else wanted to be around when I did :rolleyes:

Captain_Harlock
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
I love those bottles. I've been using them for my home made "juice" for my PV's (aka e-cigs) for some time. Got tons of them in 3, 6, 10, 20, and 30ml, and they never show signs of evap. Even after a year+.
I also love the warnings that you use on your stuff Alex. That goofy looking happy face drinking a few drops fo PT give me a chuckle every time I see it, lol. The "what are you doing putting silver in your eye" also makes me lose it. ^_^

meanmoe
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
@Cpt_Harlock... don't mix up the nuke with your smoke juice... could be bad (and not just for the atomizer)

Captain_Harlock
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
The thought alone is enough to make me cough a bit, Meanmoe. Black cherry and waffle are my current favorite flavors, so my bet is I would notice Cu pretty quickly. I think my atty's would go on strike and force me on to prefilled carto's, lol.