PDA

View Full Version : New HDTV and Comcast

Hondo=TFD=
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Just bought a new Toshiba 45" HDTV. Today i went down to comcast to swap out the older cable box, for one with a hdmi output. I got it all set up, now the "lower" channels, 3,4,5 etc.. are cut off on the left and right side.

Is this because they are not HD channels? I went into the receiver box settings and changed it from 480i to stretch. But the clarity isn't there. The main settings are still at 1080i.

Nanometer
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Just bought a new Toshiba 45" HDTV. Today i went down to comcast to swap out the older cable box, for one with a hdmi output. I got it all set up, now the "lower" channels, 3,4,5 etc.. are cut off on the left and right side.

Is this because they are not HD channels? I went into the receiver box settings and changed it from 480i to stretch. But the clarity isn't there. The main settings are still at 1080i.

lower channels will be non HD and will be 480i. Higher HD advertised channels will show a 1080p on the box lcd display. Try playing around with the tv settings to get the right aspect ratio you desire. To be honest, you should probably give up your plain digital channels and move on to the HD ones in the higher numbers. Running your TV on those channels is like by a sports car just so you can sit in it. ;-p

[DANGERDAN]
11-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Nano your so smart can i be your friend :P, btw the picture in your dp is that part of a speaker ? just curious.

Nanometer
11-30-2010, 06:41 PM
my avatar picture? that's a copper cpu pot i came across about 5 years ago. that what you mean?

zanzabar
11-30-2010, 07:45 PM
its most lilely that u got a moto box and u were watching it before with no overscan. the only fix is to go back and get the pace rng box

look here for the pick u want the rng110, then u want to enter the service menu by hitting menu when the box is off and set it to no auto pillar box, and under display capability disable 480i and set the tv to 4:3 on 480p and full on the others.
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=f39b3536-8ba2-4fbd-a359-644e00cd0a5a&fss=pace%20rng