PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops Limited Edition Trittons or Turtle Beach x41's...?

janemba001
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi there, I'll start off by saying I'm not a serious gamer, but I have to have the best of everything when I purchase something. I've just started playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my xBox 360, and I was wondering what kind of headset I should get.

I'm really not looking for wired headsets (I prefer wireless), however I've read some good things about the Limited Edition Black Ops headset that made me want to get em.

Now the thing is, I'm really troubled in choosing either one of these...I've read both of these models have their own problems, but I've read a lot more complaints about taking back the Trittons to the store to get a brand new one because of the mic, or because there was some buzzing within the speakers themselves. The negative things I've read about the Turtle Beach headsets are that the mic has static problems sometimes, and the 2.4ghz frequency gets tangled up with routers/modems and such.

Now I'm not entirely sure what would be the better choice, so I was wondering as to what to get, and that's why I signed up on these forums. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with what to get.

EniGmA1987
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I have only heard 2 Tritton headsets and both sounded like complete crap. Worst headset ever.

Knight203
12-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Hear is a tip: If you want good sound, don't get a "headset" get a good pair of headphones. Great place to look is head-fi.org they will probably have all the info you need.

janemba001
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. The things I read about the Tritton's sound were all good, however I heard that they broke a lot...which led me to ask which ones were better in the first place.

And Knight, I'll check that website out...but I'm looking for a mic so I can talk to other people on Black Ops, but I will definitely take a look at that website!

Thanks for the replies again!

matt220
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Just get a separate mic, it doesn't have to be on your headphones. What is your price range for a pair of headphones? I can tell you which ones to look at.

pb300
12-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I just replaced my pair of razer carcharias with a pair of akg k240 studio and a zalman mic. The akg's destroy the razer headset no contest, and any other headphones I've had for that matter. The razers don't really compare the headsets you mentioned because they aren't usb so don't have their own dac, but you get the idea.

If you ask over at head-fi they will tell you to go audio technica ath-ad700 and the zalman mic.
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291432680&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microphone-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

Knight203
12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
That Zalman mic is a great mic. Mine went through hell before I stepped on it and crushed it.

jdale
12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Pro gamers use Steel Headphones. I use the Turtle Beaches. Don't buy wireless unless you do not plan to use them for long periods of time or enjoy changing batteries in the middle of a shootout.

EniGmA1987
12-07-2010, 03:49 PM
pro gamers use steel headphones.

l o l http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/rotf.gif