PDA

View Full Version : help with my MX700 arg

Nookie420
01-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Man, i love this mouse but its pissing me off. i just got it, dunno if i wanna keep it. my problem is that in some games the middle scroll wheel does not work, for instance UT2003. it will not cycle my weapons, which is totally annoying.

please help me. it was doing the same thing in call of duty but i and mouse 3 wouldnt work either to reload, but i got that straightened out in mouse properties, but still no worki in ut2003, havent tested any other games yet.

please help me if you have this mouse and game.

lalPOOO
01-17-2004, 11:03 PM
I use my mx700 that came with the logitech duo with ut2k3. Middle mouse button works. The thing is pretty wonky sometimes though in other stuff, like maya. I dunno what to say really other then make sure you have the latest versions of u2k3 and the mouse drivers. :(

Parradux
01-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Uninstall the mouse drivers. They disable the scroll in games. Or at least they did for me.

Tedinde
01-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Just as Parradux said, Do not put on logitech drivers and they will work. Just plug it in and throw the driver disk away

shray
01-18-2004, 11:24 AM
I 2nd that just install the mouse, i tried the drivers and they suck. The wheel works perfect in non-drivers! I rely on it for weapon switching too. :)

Nookie420
01-25-2004, 09:32 AM
yah, ditched the drivers a while back, been working purfect since.

sky
01-25-2004, 10:34 AM
yea same here.. got my mouseman cordless optical when rtcw was released.. wouldn't do a thing, no reload, no next/last weps.. occasionally the view would start spinning.. i thought wtf.. killed the logitech drivers and then it really was working as it should be - no hiccup ever since (besides my battery rant, coming up next).
i'm fed up with my battery-gulping cordless optical - msg to all, if you plan on a cordless get a few sets of rechargeables + a fitting recharger. right now i have to recharge every 3 days and that's not heavy gaming or whatnot and i'm using 2 sets of rechargeables - so i almost last a week with them :(

ok now a question regarding the mx500. do all the buttons work without the crappy logitech drivers installed? i dunno where, but some guys stated that without the drivers its basically a 3-button mouse (left, right + wheel). that would really suck, as i need my browser back button ;)