SewerSide
11-24-2010, 07:05 AM
in new zealand, yes.
went to a midnight release to get it :)

and it was obtained LEGALLY, no dodgyness:rofl:

zanzabar
11-24-2010, 01:08 PM
is it allready released??? :D

its been on the internet for like month, its just to bad that u need one of those dogles to run them, but once it was leaked it was nice to see that it was actually done so it would finally come out

Starscream
11-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Does the hack actualy work with GT5?

Game is great btw, have it since tuesday (1 store started selling early by mistake and all others followed).

funny bug btw, The Lambo murcielago is considered a hatchback :D

Sn0wm@n
11-25-2010, 05:56 AM
ahh sorry .. been a while since i kept checking out for gt5 .. due to the many delays ... ps3 here i come :D

demonkevy666
11-25-2010, 09:13 AM
1 question
do I have options to use turbo or super with the NA upgrades ?
or it one or the other ? meaning turbo only or super only or NA only?

Sn0wm@n
11-25-2010, 09:42 AM
1 question

NA upgrade is NA only ... no turbo ... NA = normal aspiration ... engine only ... so no turbo or supercharger ...

zanzabar
11-25-2010, 11:38 AM
how are the events lines up is it like gt3 or 4 or the psp one

NA upgrade is NA only ... no turbo ... NA = normal aspiration ... engine only ... so no turbo or supercharger ...

u mean "naturally aspirated"

and its really to bad since the other GT games the NA cars are worthless unless u need them for a specific event as they make no power on the upgrades.

Does the hack actualy work with GT5?

Game is great btw, have it since tuesday (1 store started selling early by mistake and all others followed).

funny bug btw, The Lambo murcielago is considered a hatchback :D

the hack works for just about every game and it was put on the internet so i assume it works or it would not be posted, but the main reason i said that was since it was leaked with a retail disk ISO u know its going to come out finally since it was printed and some1 got 1. it is a 3.5 or 3.42 only or something though and that is to bad since i want it and would buy it but im not sacrificing linux so im stuck on 3.15.

Sn0wm@n
11-25-2010, 11:55 AM
normally aspired or normal aspiration means the same thing ...

Dainas
11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Forza 3> Gran Turismo 5, tell me one logical reason why not?

Sure is fun watching all the apologist tools over the net try to do damage control because theres some criticism.

SewerSide
11-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Only 1 reason?
Hmmmm, map creator.
GT5 you can make your own tracks, Forza cannot.

I could go on....

Don't get me wrong though, I played a lot of Forza 1, 2 and 3, had a blast, great game.
But when your looking at everthing, GT5 is winning atm.
Looking forward to Forza 4!

SewerSide
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
1 question

Really depends on the car now.
Most have the option of either turbo or supercharger, some only one.
But pretty much if you can add a turbo or supercharger, you can do NA tuning, 3 stages, costs like $5,000 -> $10,000 -> $20,000

Some specialized cars will only allow a single turbo or NA upgrade to be done, but they are already fast so it doesn't really matter.

Oh yes, I'm 40% complete with the game, lvl 19 in A-spec, woot!

zanzabar
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
what firmware dose it require, is it 3.5

SewerSide
11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
not sure sorry, i dont know consoles, just pc's :)
it has the latest firmware on the console, i know that much.

edit:
"how are the events lines up is it like gt3 or 4 or the psp one"
havent played it on psp.
i'd say its similar to GT4/gt5 prologue.
5 different series of difficulties: Beginner, Amateur, Professional, Expert, Extreme
Each of these has 9 sets of races, ranging from 1 - 5 races.
Longest race so far has been in Expert series, 5 tracks, 5-10 laps per track, took almost an hour to finish it.

Dainas
11-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Only 1 reason?
Hmmmm, map creator.
GT5 you can make your own tracks, Forza cannot.

I could go on....

Don't get me wrong though, I played a lot of Forza 1, 2 and 3, had a blast, great game.
But when your looking at everthing, GT5 is winning atm.
Looking forward to Forza 4!

yeah me too, really I'm kinda pissed at polyphony. I really wish I had not purchased this game because I had what little fun there was in this game was already had with prologue; had I known their intention was the sit around.

Besides a map editor and weather effects is just not enough icing on this half baked cake. I love racing sims like GTR, and I love sorta arcady fun car RPGs like TD;unlimited, but I really am annoyed at this game as I was with shift. But atleast with Shift my friends copy managed to scare me away. Whats really getting under my skin though is how like with Shift; everyone seems to drinking the koolaid but me, honestly I would like to ignore all the glaring flaws and have the fun again that I did with GT2, A spec and GT4. Forza 2 and 3 kinda spoiled me in the same way the old GTs did.

Manicdan
11-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Really depends on the car now.
Most have the option of either turbo or supercharger, some only one.
But pretty much if you can add a turbo or supercharger, you can do NA tuning, 3 stages, costs like $5,000 -> $10,000 -> $20,000

Some specialized cars will only allow a single turbo or NA upgrade to be done, but they are already fast so it doesn't really matter.

Oh yes, I'm 40% complete with the game, lvl 19 in A-spec, woot!

wow lvl 19 already, im just lvl 14, so close to getting the C6 ZR-1, lol

as for the engine upgrades, alot of cars seem to allow both, NA and turbo, but the turbos seem much weaker this time around too.

also i seemed to have noticed a disappointment, the cars are in 2 classes, premium, or standard, and im 90% sure that standard is a port from GT4, polygons and textures, so those cars look like "meh". but the premium ones look really sick with all the detail. and it seems almost all premium have internal graphics (you see a dashboard), and they did an ok job with adding areo kits.

and the other annoyances is the constant pop ups and all the menus you have to go through, and the delay is quite annoying. i honestly might have to buy an SSD drive for my ps3 just so this dosnt feel so laggy.

on the plus side:
suspension customization has actual numbers instead of ranges
repainting cars
b-spec is much more indepth (although i kinda wish they had feedback, so your drivers can tell you if the car is tight or loose or something, since each one drives differently)
you dont need a license!!
the special stuff is fun (loving the cart racing)

GTSRboy
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM

Sure is fun watching all the apologist tools over the net try to do damage control because theres some criticism.

1.) The graphics are much, much better
2.) The driving physics are more realistic (for those who care).

For those who have GT5.....how is it? Compared to GT5P?
PS manicdan...commonn...you can do better than a vette..:P

Dainas
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM

1) no they are not. Just look at the tracks and lighting effects which are woefull on GT5. Only thing that is better is the premium models interiors and some weather effects.
2)perhaps, although you need a wheel to really do it justice. Also take it from something who does track days difficulty does not always mean realism.

I do have to give you credit though, most people who do a comparison site a million BS reasons that just betray a ignorance that can only come from not playing one or the other.

Manicdan
11-29-2010, 06:49 AM

For those who have GT5.....how is it? Compared to GT5P?
PS manicdan...commonn...you can do better than a vette..:P

1) no they are not. Just look at the tracks and lighting effects which are woefull on GT5. Only thing that is better is the premium models interiors and some weather effects.
2)perhaps, although you need a wheel to really do it justice. Also take it from something who does track days difficulty does not always mean realism.

I do have to give you credit though, most people who do a comparison site a million BS reasons that just betray a ignorance that can only come from not playing one or the other.

this is why a corvette, and this is why graphics are better...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3229/kyotogion.jpg

SewerSide
11-30-2010, 04:24 AM
lvl 24 now, 2 more races left to do and im done :D

... with A spec haha.

Manicdan
11-30-2010, 08:10 AM
lvl 24 now, 2 more races left to do and im done :D

... with A spec haha.

i got a little playing done last night, those special events really make the difference in speedy levels. i jumped into the intermediate nascar one after i got my wheel setup (logitech g25), and i was PISSSED that i couldnt get even bronze on any of them. turns out i just needed to check the driver settings and turn off all of them, no traction, abs, oversteer fixer thingy, just all of them off. next thing i know im going 8mph faster around the same turn where all you do is hold down the gas :p:
in those 4 little tests i gained enough points to jump 2 levels.

what do you use for a controller?

Cpl Ledanek
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
@Manicdan, seeing you have a G25, do you race any PC-related game, i.e GTR, NFS?

I'm curious for your comparison on the all-around gaming-experience as far as handling with your G25 on this game (minus the graphics)

I prefer fun games like DiRT2 and some Sim like RBR, and I'm curious bcoz this GT5 may be my first full PS3 game (I got PS3 with Sony TV deal been using as BR/dvd player ONLY---have game demos only)

I used to play GT on PS2 until I moved on to PC.

don't want a pc vs console argument, just honest opinion.

plus don't want to drag my G27 up (PS3 on 2nd floor) and down to my PC room (downstairs)

thanks for your review

skier
11-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I grew up on GT1, then 2 then 3 then 4 then 3 again because 4 was too long to beat and i had a gameshark for 3 so I could fly with the Escudo heh, and sold my PS3 to pay a ticket before prologue came out (I wanted 5 to come out on PS2 tbh, figured we'd be on at least GT7 by now)

I heard 5's AI is pretty bad and when cars hit you it sounds like you're in a plastic garbage can (via a couple youtube vids), much truth to this in actual gameplay?

Manicdan
12-01-2010, 07:10 AM
@Manicdan, seeing you have a G25, do you race any PC-related game, i.e GTR, NFS?

I'm curious for your comparison on the all-around gaming-experience as far as handling with your G25 on this game (minus the graphics)

I prefer fun games like DiRT2 and some Sim like RBR, and I'm curious bcoz this GT5 may be my first full PS3 game (I got PS3 with Sony TV deal been using as BR/dvd player ONLY---have game demos only)

I used to play GT on PS2 until I moved on to PC.

don't want a pc vs console argument, just honest opinion.

plus don't want to drag my G27 up (PS3 on 2nd floor) and down to my PC room (downstairs)

thanks for your review

i love racing games, but some are just not wheel friendly,
havnt played dirt2 with a wheel, but i own dirt1 and a wheel SUX!! not sure why, i just remember it was either a full turn or no turn for best results. grid however was just fine and quite fun with a wheel (but later on when your car goes from 0-100 in 1 second, things were feeling too fake and a wheel was again not much fun)

NFS games seem to do quite well with it. i played pro-street on PC with it and was exceptionally great. i never lost a race once i used it, lol. i know someone with the latest NFS and it looks pretty fun and he was asking if he should get a wheel, as his car is in the dirt drifting around a turn at 150mph, i laughed and said "no, this is obviously arcade more than simulation."

for GT5 the wheel takes a little getting use to and some setting adjustments. one race in i was sore cause the force feedback was way too strong, plus i didnt turn on power steering assist. the sad part is they dont list the g25 under settings so i have no idea if some of the features even applied to mine. anyway i play with the feedback at the lowest possible and its still really forceful. not insanely, just enough that you cant do it for hours.

also that corvette i posted has 850HP and weighs 1100Kg, so i found out that you need to keep traction control on, otherwise i would just spinout on any exit if i wasnt lined up perfectly strait. it does have a few options for the wheel, like amateur, pro and simulation, so once i test them out i can tell which one works best for me. i also dont use the shifter or clutch, not that i dont want too. its just the pedals are too close (even for my small feet), the shifter is in the wrong place, but i have paddles and i might use it. but if i go down that route its cause im driving a car i love and have the engine noise turned up (im use to racing by sound rather than reading rpm).

i also race in real life in autocross, however have not done that much in a few years due to car difficulties and its expensive. and i have no problem admitting im not that good either, but its why i like trying to play simulation racing. i have tried other simulators but some of them just throw you in without any kind of learning curve, and loosing is boring. the "best line" setting in GT5 really makes that difference, cause its tough to see the turn with console graphics while going 150mph and knowing when to brake. so its been a great guide to help adapt to what you should be doing if your doing things right, which i dont do for the first few laps as i warm up.

as for the pc vs console argument we wont have. i noticed most pc exclusive games are excessive simulation, while most console are excessive arcade. its finding that nice balance between them thats tough. i would love to see more arcade racing games that play well with a wheel, while still offering all the fun of customizing cars and crashing through mailboxes.

im also praying that GT5 offers DLC, there would be no real need to make a GT6 for the ps3 if they just kept things updated with the 2011 and 2012 models for like 5-10$ a pack.

have you done any online play yet? im reluctant to jump into that until i feel like i wont embarrass myself like in FNF3

Manicdan
12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
I grew up on GT1, then 2 then 3 then 4 then 3 again because 4 was too long to beat and i had a gameshark for 3 so I could fly with the Escudo heh, and sold my PS3 to pay a ticket before prologue came out (I wanted 5 to come out on PS2 tbh, figured we'd be on at least GT7 by now)

I heard 5's AI is pretty bad and when cars hit you it sounds like you're in a plastic garbage can (via a couple youtube vids), much truth to this in actual gameplay?

the sound is tough to make right, but it got quite an echo. reminds me of someone smacking the roof of your car while your in it.

there is damage now which is a good bonus, and its looking ok, but i havnt seen enough to tell how good. however you have to hit kinda hard for it to happen. i wish there was a setting to make it real or normal or off, cause i would want real. the commercial for GT5 with Mr Butler shows a pretty good looking crash.

SewerSide
12-01-2010, 07:24 AM
i got a little playing done last night, those special events really make the difference in speedy levels. i jumped into the intermediate nascar one after i got my wheel setup (logitech g25), and i was PISSSED that i couldnt get even bronze on any of them. turns out i just needed to check the driver settings and turn off all of them, no traction, abs, oversteer fixer thingy, just all of them off. next thing i know im going 8mph faster around the same turn where all you do is hold down the gas :p:
in those 4 little tests i gained enough points to jump 2 levels.

what do you use for a controller?
haha yeah, those nascar ones were tricky.
once you get the line down, its a lot of fun.

@ lvl 26 now, 80k xp from 27.
2 endurance events completed :) 2hour @ grand valley and 4hrs @ tsukuba in Miata's.

controller: G25! still going strong
ive got a home made racing seat/stand setup with a bucket seat, all in front of a 42" LG LCD.

@Cpl Ledanek, to add, I've played Live For Speed, GTR/GTR2/GTR Evolution, RFactor, Racer and all the NFS's as well as the previous GT's and can say without a doubt, GT5 takes the cake :)

Mean Machine
12-01-2010, 11:58 PM
@Cpl Ledanek, to add, I've played Live For Speed, GTR/GTR2/GTR Evolution, RFactor, Racer and all the NFS's as well as the previous GT's and can say without a doubt, GT5 takes the cake :)

Seriously? Compared to GTR2, I think GT5 is quite mediocre. Apart from the actual racing, the rallying sucks big time in GT5.

I'm not at all impressed by GT5, actually. The engine sounds are quite nice, but not much else.

Johnny87au
12-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Seriously? Compared to GTR2, I think GT5 is quite mediocre. Apart from the actual racing, the rallying sucks big time in GT5.

I'm not at all impressed by GT5, actually. The engine sounds are quite nice, but not much else.

2nd that, i miss the old days how it was so hard achieving the licenses, this game hasnt lived up to the expectations, wish they would make it as good as gt2... :mad:

SewerSide
12-02-2010, 05:07 AM

I'm talking purely about physics and feel of the game when racing.
That for me is what keeps you coming back to the game.
I just hope they bring out more stuff for the game, if they leave it how it is I can see the game fading away pretty quickly.

Manicdan
12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I just hope they bring out more stuff for the game, if they leave it how it is I can see the game fading away pretty quickly.

same.

i was hoping for LOTS of racing options under special events.

1, very small kart tracks with a complete championship tournament
2, complete nascar season using their points system
3, more rally races and challenges
4, drifting being part of the gt life

i dont really like how theres no super long indepth championships where you just do one race at a time, leave and come back to do another at any time you wish.

im up to level 19 now, so im almost at the point to see the last group of races, but it feels like things in this version are just going by too quickly.

theres alot of potential here, just no structure for us to actually do much of it.

also hows the money late in the game? i have just under a million saved up, but i cant even touch some events without dropping 5 million on a race spec car.

Cpl Ledanek
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM

maybe I can rent it at Redbox or library for a week and see if its worth it.

I was playing vanilla GTR Evo and Richard Burns Rally and after hitting the road boundaries and feeling the vibration, it really gives me a sense of racing.

I'm hoping for those experience in GT5 :up:
Plus, does it sound better than this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaM6egPKRKk)

Chris_redfield
12-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I've been playing GT5 a bit the past two days, and I've got to say I really do prefer it over Forza. Forza is brilliant and I love it too bits, but the graphics are slightly better on GT5, and the challenges are brilliant, its great to see the inclusion of top gear, as well as some rallying and GT5 has made me genuinely interested in Nascar. GT5 seems to be more accomplished at encompassing motorsport as a whole.

Although saying that there are a few odd ommisions from the GT5 garage. I mean, its great that there are four variants of Lupo's, (one of my all time favourite cars,) but it beggars beleif as to why they would have the HGT Abarth Punto, and not the Abarth 500. And I'm really confused as to why the previous gen Focus RS is in the game but not the current one.

Cpl Ledanek
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I've been playing GT5 a bit the past two days, and I've got to say I really do prefer it over Forza. Forza is brilliant and I love it too bits, but the graphics are slightly better on GT5, and the challenges are brilliant, its great to see the inclusion of top gear, as well as some rallying and GT5 has made me genuinely interested in Nascar. GT5 seems to be more accomplished at encompassing motorsport as a whole.

Although saying that there are a few odd ommisions from the GT5 garage. I mean, its great that there are four variants of Lupo's, (one of my all time favourite cars,) but it beggars beleif as to why they would have the HGT Abarth Punto, and not the Abarth 500. And I'm really confused as to why the previous gen Focus RS is in the game but not the current one.

maybe on the next DLC? are you playing on gamepad. Sorry for asking but I'm collecting info on ppl with Logitech G25/G27...thx

SewerSide
12-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm hoping for those experience in GT5 :up:
Plus, does it sound better than this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaM6egPKRKk)
Oh yes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNILs5iPiPg

SewerSide
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
im up to level 19 now, so im almost at the point to see the last group of races, but it feels like things in this version are just going by too quickly.

also hows the money late in the game? i have just under a million saved up, but i cant even touch some events without dropping 5 million on a race spec car.

lvl 28 now, just finished the Indo 500 endurance race, now gotta do some grinding to hit 29.

money late in game, hmmm, kinda hard to build up, you always see cool cars to buy.
currently on 2.7mil and just missed a chance to purchase the Formula GT >_<

Elkwood
12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I am about 1/2 through level 21. I suck at the nascar races so not sure what i am going to do to win them in the extreme mode :(. Any hints be great !

P.s i am using the game pad

Manicdan
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
play with the tuning, if you have an obvious issue try and adjust things that will help counter it.

what i did that really helped was turn the back right trigger to acceleration so that i have much more control over it. left the brake as square, but also made it the left trigger for the same accuracy, if i wanted it but generally i just pound square. the for steering i try to use the joystick but sometimes the arrows feel better. and this was all before i got out the wheel, which im still working my way into.

SewerSide
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I am about 1/2 through level 21. I suck at the nascar races so not sure what i am going to do to win them in the extreme mode :(. Any hints be great !

P.s i am using the game pad

best thing is lower car, add a little camber and then lengthen the gearbox.
then, just practice your line over and over and keep going till you win :D

Hmm, join date back in 08' and first post now? cool :)

Elkwood
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to give it a shot.

Never noticed that i not posted here before :)

SewerSide
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
hmm, i guess not, as you're still on 1 lol.
i think some forums dont give post count :shrug:

Cpl Ledanek
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh yes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNILs5iPiPg

wow that does sound sweet :up:

SewerSide
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
wow that does sound sweet :up:

It is even better when you're boosting next to other cars.
The Lambo's/Ferrari's sound really good :)

Argh - just don't bother with B-spec, it's insane lol.

SewerSide
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
new patch out, 150mb.
apparently adds mechanical damage to online play. 60% completed zzzzz

Manicdan
12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Argh - just don't bother with B-spec, it's insane lol.

your drivers will suck for a few levels, just give them a fast car and tell them to calm down alot (keep them in the blue)

once they are around level 10 they start to do very well and you can kinda just ignore them at that point.

i dont even want to know what happens when they get to your level. they already drive so much better that i think i can. although i dont like how horribly they pass. they try to get on the inside of the next turn, but have no consideration for whats after it. so i wish there was alot more control over things, like late braking, tapping the other guys rear end, pass on the side we say too, or just tell them to take the other guy out of the race completely lol

SewerSide
12-07-2010, 06:56 PM
hit lvl 20 on Bspec last night.
i think ive found the secret.
you really have to time the commands correctly so he guns it on the straights etc.
all races are pretty sweet, except for the classic pre-1979 race lol.

Manicdan
12-08-2010, 05:40 AM
hit lvl 20 on Bspec last night.
i think ive found the secret.
you really have to time the commands correctly so he guns it on the straights etc.
all races are pretty sweet, except for the classic pre-1979 race lol.

you talking about the lvl 17 race where every car in there costs 20 million? i havent a clue how to beat that one on bspec. for aspec i can probably just slap on super soft racing tires and hopefully have enough HP from my cobra to out run them.

SewerSide
12-08-2010, 06:54 PM
haha yep, that is the one.
i managed to get a Silver in that race, might go back one day and try for gold.
lvl 22 Nascar races for Bspec were quite tricky, took awhile to get the car setups dialed in but got them done.

only problem now is Aspec, lvl 28, all races done that can be done and i've still got 100k+ xp till next level... not too keen on grinding Indy races haha.

Manicdan
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
btw looking at achievements, it seems level 40 is the cap

FlawleZ
12-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I haven't played in over a week but I'm already having withdrawals lol. I find the B Spec drivers aren't aggressive enough to win many times. I'm not afraid to hit other cars when I'm driving and often times you have to cut in aggressively to claim your position when you don't have a lot of muscle in the straights against them. The B spec drivers (my first one is level 10, second is level 3) just seem far too timid as the AI is programmed to avoid contact at all times it seems. I'm hoping they get a little more aggressive as they increase in level.

Manicdan
12-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I haven't played in over a week but I'm already having withdrawals lol. I find the B Spec drivers aren't aggressive enough to win many times. I'm not afraid to hit other cars when I'm driving and often times you have to cut in aggressively to claim your position when you don't have a lot of muscle in the straights against them. The B spec drivers (my first one is level 10, second is level 3) just seem far too timid as the AI is programmed to avoid contact at all times it seems. I'm hoping they get a little more aggressive as they increase in level.

i do mostly bspec since its quite effortless later on,
but to overtake they do 3 things
either late braking so they cut them off in the turn,
get on the inside of the turn and hopefully push them out into a wider line,
or just simply pass them in the straits.

the failure is possible in all 3 though, since in late braking they have to get on the inside and the other car in front might not leave enough room and he has to brake early and harder thus failing. on the inside turn passing they might be pushed into the grass and slowed down. and on the straits its common for them to still like staying in the best line and rarely like to give themselves much room for passing, even if they have 500 extra HP.

i do fully agree that the ai for passing is quite passive and not nearly as intelligent as we would want.

i was just doing the later race (level 21 i believe) where the tracks are high speed, and he had enough HP and grip to do well, but he just didnt care to get around them at all, even with 18 laps.

Chris_redfield
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
maybe on the next DLC? are you playing on gamepad. Sorry for asking but I'm collecting info on ppl with Logitech G25/G27...thx

Yeah I'm playing on pad. I was a bit worried because after getting used to the 360 pad with forza the PS3 pad didn't feel right on the early GT demo's but to be perfectly honest I think its fine.

Mean Machine
12-09-2010, 11:59 PM
you talking about the lvl 17 race where every car in there costs 20 million? i havent a clue how to beat that one on bspec. for aspec i can probably just slap on super soft racing tires and hopefully have enough HP from my cobra to out run them.

That was a pain in the ass in a-spec with a Cobra as it was. Got it done finally, but without any aerodynamic grip in your Cobra, you're gonna get screwed if you make as much as a single mistake during either race.

Elkwood
12-11-2010, 08:47 PM
That was a pain in the ass in a-spec with a Cobra as it was. Got it done finally, but without any aerodynamic grip in your Cobra, you're gonna get screwed if you make as much as a single mistake during either race.

Man i pimped out my cobra and tried the 2 races again. Not kidding about any little screw up will cost u the gold !! I'll have work at it more after my last test is done.

I made it to level 24 finally. Making of isk.. er money in this game is pretty easy in the higher levels at least ! I need to save up to buy a formula one car. PLus i still want to buy a mclaren f1 at some point just to have.

I think i need a wheel to do the nascar stuff. I just can't seem to get it right with the pad.

SewerSide
12-12-2010, 08:56 AM
lvl 24, nice, now you'll see the formula gt car in used car lot.
do ya best to save $5mil and wait for that thing.
The only time I've seen it, I haven't had the cash for it :(

I got the Suzuki Escudo pikes peak car though, which is just as good as the gt4 version! :)

Manicdan
12-12-2010, 11:46 AM
if there is one feature i would love to see its a automated search for the used car lot, where you tell it you want to be notified if a car comes in that you need.
for a small finders fee im sure.

StickyRICE
12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Is it just me or I think this game suck some serious ass. There are hardly any cars in the new lot, and I can never seem to find the car I want in the used lot. Graphics are ok, I'm seriously wonder what the hell they did spending sooooo much time delaying the game and delivered nothing.

SewerSide
12-14-2010, 06:17 AM
yeah im slowly thinking more and more along those lines as well.
its kinda hard to believe they took as long as they did.
i just really hope there is some dlc content that helps with the grinding to leveling.
just hit lvl 29 and its 640k+ xp till lvl 30 :(

@Manicdan, that would be a god send :)

Blkout
12-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Its true, Forza 3 is better than GT5 in every way. I've been playing a lot of GT5 since the release day and I honestly am forcing myself to go further because its simply boring to me at this point. My driver is level 21, my B-spec driver is level 20 and its a grind-fest to get my levels higher so I can play more events and buy more cars.

GT5 feels outdated and unpolished. For a game that's been so long in the making and pushed back for the last 3 years to work on perfecting it, it sure feels like a Toyota Corolla with a broken spark plug wire. If you're a die hard racing game fan like I am, you'll play it regardless because its something new and different but Forza 3 simply does everything better than GT5. Its really not even debatable.

I picked up Forza 3 again yesterday after a few months break just to see how I felt about it after playing GT5 for the last 2 weeks and right away I appreciated how much better Forza 3 was. Everything just feels slick and polished. If Forza 4 is any better than Forza 3, they might as well end the GT series.

Oh yea, I do so love the go-karts in GT5. That is the ONLY advantage GT5 has over Forza 3 but even that play mode is limited. I also think its ridiculously retarded that you can enter so many events unrestricted. You can complete almost half the events with a vehicle that's way overpowered compared to the AI competitors. Forza 3 handled races much better with the class system and PI points.

Blkout
12-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Is it just me or I think this game suck some serious ass. There are hardly any cars in the new lot, and I can never seem to find the car I want in the used lot. Graphics are ok, I'm seriously wonder what the hell they did spending sooooo much time delaying the game and delivered nothing.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they chose not to make the new car dealership in alphabetical order or at least give me the ability to filter it that way. Why should I have to go all over the dealership screen looking for a car icon to find the manufacturer I'm looking for? Its just stupid and its little details like this that aggravate me the most in this game.

Blkout
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
lvl 24, nice, now you'll see the formula gt car in used car lot.
do ya best to save $5mil and wait for that thing.
The only time I've seen it, I haven't had the cash for it :(

I got the Suzuki Escudo pikes peak car though, which is just as good as the gt4 version! :)

Oh yea, I've only seen the Formula GT once and I had the money to buy it but was level 21 instead of 24 so I couldn't buy it, how 'bout that BS?

Starscream
12-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why they chose not to make the new car dealership in alphabetical order or at least give me the ability to filter it that way. Why should I have to go all over the dealership screen looking for a car icon to find the manufacturer I'm looking for? Its just stupid and its little details like this that aggravate me the most in this game.

The new car dealership actualy is in alphabetical order.

Blkout
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
The new car dealership actualy is in alphabetical order.

In a very non-intuitive order, top to bottom instead of left to right. Doesn't make much sense when no one reads top to bottom. Even more so stupid when your top to bottom row is only 3 manufacturers high. If they wanted to arrange the manufacturers top to bottom alphabetically, the manufacturers page should have been arranged with top to bottom columns instead of left to right. It's just stupid.

Starscream
12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
In a very non-intuitive order, top to bottom instead of left to right. Doesn't make much sense when no one reads top to bottom. Even more so stupid when your top to bottom row is only 3 manufacturers high. If they wanted to arrange the manufacturers top to bottom alphabetically, the manufacturers page should have been arranged with top to bottom columns instead of left to right. It's just stupid.

I disagree.
The people that made the game are from Japan and in Japan i think they read from top to bottom from left to right. So to them its very logical and normal to do it that way.
Also your acting asif its a huge disaster that it is done this way which is rly isnt.

The first time i went to the dealership part i was also confused but after a few seconds i noticed how it was arranged and since then it really isnt a problem and i find my dealers pretty fast.

ps.
They are looking into some updates.
Improving the shadow quality, online leaderboards, timetable for races, earning credits with online races and increasing the nr of premium cars.

I myself am hoping for the Renault 5 Turbo and the BMW 2002 and old sweet cars like them.

Splave
12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
been playing around with the GT force wheel and having a blast, alot of fun :D not as good as gt4 or gt3 imo though. I wish more cars were in the show rooms.

Blkout
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
I disagree.
The people that made the game are from Japan and in Japan i think they read from top to bottom from left to right. So to them its very logical and normal to do it that way.
Also your acting asif its a huge disaster that it is done this way which is rly isnt.

The first time i went to the dealership part i was also confused but after a few seconds i noticed how it was arranged and since then it really isnt a problem and i find my dealers pretty fast.

ps.
They are looking into some updates.
Improving the shadow quality, online leaderboards, timetable for races, earning credits with online races and increasing the nr of premium cars.

I myself am hoping for the Renault 5 Turbo and the BMW 2002 and old sweet cars like them.

Dude, that's just one of MANY stupid problems with this game. Face it man, the game is not polished at all and full of problems.

p3gaz_001
12-15-2010, 03:43 PM
who of u guys use any kind of steering? i use G25 ... but... in the GT5 menu is there a way to cfg those buttons? revers gear is a pain in the ass to press it on the G25 "gearbox"

anyway p3gaz_001 is ma psn tag.

SewerSide
12-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Forza 3 is better than GT5 in every way
If it supported my G25 I'd play it more than I have.
Forza is very good and very refined, GT5 feels rushed, usually its the other way around.
I'm at the same point as you really, sick of grinding GT5.
But the one thing that keeps me playing is the physics and the online play.
I really hope they get all the bugs sorted, cause this game can be so much more :)

who of u guys use any kind of steering? i use G25 ... but... in the GT5 menu is there a way to cfg those buttons? revers gear is a pain in the ass to press it on the G25 "gearbox"
anyway p3gaz_001 is ma psn tag.
G25 here, same problem :(
I've seen they may be adding better support for the G25/27 wheels :rolleyes:

Blkout
12-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Forza is very good and very refined, GT5 feels rushed, usually its the other way around.
I really hope they get all the bugs sorted, cause this game can be so much more :)

Well, I'm sure FM4 won't let you down. I expect it to blow GT5 away.

p3gaz_001
12-16-2010, 07:18 AM

got that! :up: anyway .... i love the both games, i'd preferred FM3 Physix and damages , more than GT5 (i'm at level 19, and i'd never seen any damages in my cars so ,,,, ) Love the GT5 photomode, maybe little better than fm3 .... [CUT] will see what FM4 will give us, coming on fall 2011 :rolleyes:

SewerSide
12-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Really looking forward to seeing what FM4 offers.
Good to see the bar being constantly raised with each release :)

Hey if any of you guys are interested in some time trials, there is a Tsukuba challenge over at GT Planet.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132665

Quite tricky, any car allowed, just gotta run Sports-Soft or less tires:shocked:

p3gaz_001
12-16-2010, 08:36 AM
sport soft? lol no way!!! :D

StickyRICE
12-16-2010, 03:06 PM
OMG, so there are no brake upgrade options either, now it's like total bs how they call it the real driving sim and you can't even upgrade the brake pads. WOW they serious F'd that up, so how does the brake systems work it just souppose to level up like in a RPG game as the HP goes up lol.

Also whos idea is that to have us starting out either very last or in some random spot that's no where near first postion. It makes it impossible sometimes to win a race starting from the very end and trying to move to first.

SewerSide
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
sport soft? lol no way!!! :D
very tricky, but lots of fun :D
at least its not like the GTR trophy, 7min 24sec? on Nurburgring, with Sport HARD tires lol!

p3gaz_001
12-18-2010, 12:49 AM
very tricky, but lots of fun :D
at least its not like the GTR trophy, 7min 24sec? on Nurburgring, with Sport HARD tires lol!

:ROTF:

did u beat the ufficial nurburgring record of 7.29.03 with a nissan GT-R 2010? :confused:

and another thing that i really don't like is that ... by using a premium car, if i wnat to change rims, i have few models to choose, that's very sad.... and it's not all, it depends from car to car .... i really don't like that crap :down:

SewerSide
12-18-2010, 10:08 AM
:ROTF:

did u beat the ufficial nurburgring record of 7.29.03 with a nissan GT-R 2010? :confused:

and another thing that i really don't like is that ... by using a premium car, if i wnat to change rims, i have few models to choose, that's very sad.... and it's not all, it depends from car to car .... i really don't like that crap :down:

2 seconds off the record :P
Haven't bothered trying it again, takes too much concentration haha.

Agree with you on the rims, I wish I could use Volk TE35's for all cars, but only works on a very small amount :(!!!!

benniebeeker
12-23-2010, 09:03 AM

sorry for being late, im just tapping into this thread now... where/how did you get a car to compete in that race??? im level 22a and 15b and i only have 3 mil in the bank... where on earth did you come up with 20mil for a car to compete!!??!?!?!

StickyRICE
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Ya'll need to try C6z/ZR1 with RM combo, these cars are beasts.

benniebeeker
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Ya'll need to try C6z/ZR1 with RM combo, these cars are beasts.

did you catch this earlier in the thread???

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4647077&postcount=20

StickyRICE
12-23-2010, 01:44 PM
did you catch this earlier in the thread???

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4647077&postcount=20

Can't say I did, and what is your point? That was just a picture of the vette with RM, I'm trying to say to buy the vette and use it in races that other wise might be impossible with a different car.

benniebeeker
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Can't say I did, and what is your point? That was just a picture of the vette with RM, I'm trying to say to buy the vette and use it in races that other wise might be impossible with a different car.

there is no point... don't be so defensive!!! its a badass picture!!!

StickyRICE
12-24-2010, 09:02 AM
there is no point... don't be so defensive!!! its a badass picture!!!

Oh, not being defensive. I agree it's a cool pic, hard to have the right tone on the forums lol. :p:

Blkout
12-25-2010, 08:42 PM
this is why a corvette, and this is why graphics are better...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3229/kyotogion.jpg

Good try, but that's photo mode, not what the cars look like going around the track. Its a lot easier to render a car in a still photo with phote editing software than it is in motion with background effects and other cars racing along side.

Forza 3 looks every bit as good as GT5 and better in many ways, and even NFS Shift looks better than GT5 in many ways as well.

Oberon
12-25-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll say that I don't care how the game looks as long as it's fun to play, but GT5 is not fun to play when trying to reassign accelerate/brake to anything but the analog stick basically does nothing.

Blkout
12-26-2010, 07:00 AM
I'll say that I don't care how the game looks as long as it's fun to play, but GT5 is not fun to play when trying to reassign accelerate/brake to anything but the analog stick basically does nothing.

GT5 is fun for about 1-2 weeks depending on how much time you play during that time. After that, it becomes a boring grind to level up and get money to buy the cars that you want. Even completing most of the Expert and Endurance races aren't worth it as the prizes are often nothing worth talking about. This game need a major overhaul in its design, it just feels absolutely outdated.

SewerSide
12-26-2010, 09:29 PM
it does get boring/grindy quite quickly.
but that is what online racing/drifting is for :)

GT5 is the current king of the car sim world.
its not perfect yet, but they are improving it.

Forza 3 is fun, but doesn't stand up against GT5.
Forza 4 will be very interesting, looking forward to its release.

Blkout
12-28-2010, 12:41 AM
it does get boring/grindy quite quickly.
but that is what online racing/drifting is for :)

GT5 is the current king of the car sim world.
its not perfect yet, but they are improving it.

Forza 3 is fun, but doesn't stand up against GT5.
Forza 4 will be very interesting, looking forward to its release.

Well, I disagree that GT5 is the current king of the sim world, Forza 3 still holds that title. GT hasn't been king since GT3, even GT4 was debatable when the original Forza came along. GT5 is only still popular because its PS3 exclusive and there are still lots of people that believe it should be the best console racing sim because its marketed so heavily that way so they convince themselves that it is, but the truth is, it isn't.

To each his own...

SewerSide
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Indeed.
I use a steering wheel so I prefer GT5.
Forza 3 is still fun with a controller ^_^

[XC] leviathan18
01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
PSN levi_xs I have gt 5 but my level is about 14 and I still dont have a wheel either way maybe to race some times and if anyone have an SUV to send it please I can't find one to buy :(

SewerSide
01-02-2011, 03:42 AM
i've got one you can use.
just trade back to me when your done with it.
added you to friends, psn siffin.
:)

StickyRICE
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
We'll got the Zonda R and the Minolta Toyota those two cars are insane!!

SewerSide
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
mmmm, those cars are so much fun.
Taken the Zonda on the Nur yet? It's nuts!

StickyRICE
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
mmmm, those cars are so much fun.
Taken the Zonda on the Nur yet? It's nuts!

No not yet, I did use it to beat like the wind, and it was probably the most intense racing I've had so far, that car is very very unforgiving. Did you mod yours? My is sitting at about 970 which is think is probably maxed out.

benniebeeker
01-06-2011, 05:00 AM
for those of you that are stuck looking for 20 million to buy a car for the historic car cup, you can instead beat "like the wind" in bspec and get the toyota 7 race car... it needs a little tweaking out of the box as it is very ass happy but is more than capable of winning the race...

SewerSide
01-06-2011, 06:04 AM
No not yet, I did use it to beat like the wind, and it was probably the most intense racing I've had so far, that car is very very unforgiving. Did you mod yours? My is sitting at about 970 which is think is probably maxed out.

Your Zonda is 970 or Minolta?

My Zonda is: 892hp
My Minolta is: 1040hp

Aspec lvl 33
Bspec lvl 36 now :D

Manicdan
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
for those of you that are stuck looking for 20 million to buy a car for the historic car cup, you can instead beat "like the wind" in bspec and get the toyota 7 race car... it needs a little tweaking out of the box as it is very ass happy but is more than capable of winning the race...

i <3 you

not sure if im ready for that race yet (its been a while since i played, thanks to warcraft and black ops) and i though i tried it and failed miserably

im so far behind i dont have the 600MB patch yet lol

SewerSide
01-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I've got a spare one if anyone needs/wants it to do that race.
Only rule is that you need to pass it onto someone else who needs it etc
And if you don't know anyone to give it to, give it back to me, cause I know of others haha.

Oh yeah, should of said this earlier, add my psn: siffin
If you need a car from the premium dealership let me know and I'll gladly buy it for ya :)
But the next few days are taken, can only do 1 car per day and theres a bit of a line atm haha :)

StickyRICE
01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Your Zonda is 970 or Minolta?

My Zonda is: 892hp
My Minolta is: 1040hp

Aspec lvl 33
Bspec lvl 36 now :D

My zonda is 970, I do a oil change after all mods are done usually give me another 50 to 60 hp depending on the car.

My Minolta is 10xx can't remeber

Which car do you have to do a race I need the toyota 7 for the historic cup, other wise I need to grind till I can do like the wind in B spec.

I do have a x1 coming lol if the guy follows through.

SewerSide
01-07-2011, 09:25 PM
i can send you the 7 race car tomorrow(already gifted a car today)
whats ya psn?

StickyRICE
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
i can send you the 7 race car tomorrow(already gifted a car today)
whats ya psn?

Damn, really? Well I don't think I have anything really cool to trade you or anything so did you want something in return?

psn: th3nan82

Thanks,

SewerSide
01-08-2011, 07:21 AM
nah, I don't want anything in return.
only thing would be that when your done with the car, send it back so i can send it to others that need it :)

if you want ill buy ya a car from the dealership for you to keep, no problem with that at all :)

Jimmer411
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Good try, but that's photo mode, not what the cars look like going around the track. Its a lot easier to render a car in a still photo with phote editing software than it is in motion with background effects and other cars racing along side.

Forza 3 looks every bit as good as GT5 and better in many ways, and even NFS Shift looks better than GT5 in many ways as well.

QFT!

I have both Forza 3 and GT5 and like and dislike them both in different ways. Forza has better tuning options and a menu layout that doesnt make me want to punch babies.

Forza 3 in game by far has better graphics. GT5 has better shadow and lighting effects on some tracks and in some areas has much higher resolution textures... but right next to those hi res textures is some N64 quality grass, obviously 2D pre-rendered background and low poly track side models.

GT5 also is able to have twice as many cars on the track at once, of course thats because 80% of the models are PS2 and PS1 car models. I think that people have this belief that GT5 has better graphics (or GT in general) because reviewers only post images from replays. Traditionally GT has ALWAYS looked way better in the after race replays. Especially if you enter the photo mode now.

Oh well, Ive logged about 18 hours in the past 2 days on it so it cant be that bad. A-spec 13 B-spec 20 with 2.5m in the bank.

Cpl Ledanek
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
not photo mode:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6249/shift2011010919371638.th.jpg (http://img502.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919371638.jpg/)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4540/shift2011010919372498.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919372498.jpg/)
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8837/shift2011010919375128.th.jpg (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919375128.jpg/)
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5403/shift2011010919380333.th.jpg (http://img808.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919380333.jpg/)
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7903/shift2011010919380777.th.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919380777.jpg/)
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9786/shift2011010919382088.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919382088.jpg/)
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/629/shift2011010919390432.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919390432.jpg/)
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/377/shift2011010919391227.th.jpg (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919391227.jpg/)
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2900/shift2011010919391663.th.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919391663.jpg/)
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8747/shift2011010919394572.th.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919394572.jpg/)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3922/shift2011010919400242.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919400242.jpg/)
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2488/shift2011010919401683.th.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919401683.jpg/)
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1583/shift2011010919403699.th.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/shift2011010919403699.jpg/)

k, I confess, it's NFS:Shift unpacked (meaning its PC) :D

Manicdan
01-10-2011, 07:30 AM
so i finally saved up 5.3 million and bought the Mazda 787b race car specifically for the Like the Wind race, and im still loosing

for some reason that i cannot solve, my driver loves the slam the brakes before the turns in the Daytona track.

someone was recommending -8 camber, but that sounds excessively high for how stiff these cars are and how little the suspension moves.
what do you guys recommend for car setup?

95blackz26
01-10-2011, 08:41 AM
for some reason that i cannot solve, my driver loves the slam the brakes before the turns in the Daytona track.

mine too no matter what temper he started out as. i tried a cool temper guy and one that was 3/4 hot and they both feel the need to jack the brakes on the daytona track even though it's not needed.

another note the bonus races in the seasonal race section are stupid easy. you not only make a lot of money and earn a lot career credits even after buying the cars to compete in the specific races.

Manicdan
01-10-2011, 08:54 AM
mine too no matter what temper he started out as. i tried a cool temper guy and one that was 3/4 hot and they both feel the need to jack the brakes on the daytona track even though it's not needed.

another note the bonus races in the seasonal race section are stupid easy. you not only make a lot of money and earn a lot career credits even after buying the cars to compete in the specific races.

ill have to try them out

i tried to do one and it said i need to register or some crap at psn?!

StickyRICE
01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
For like the wind, try to get the Zonda R first from b spec then max it out and use it to beat a spec like the wind, when you win you get the minolta use it to beat b spec like the wind. It's the easiest way and saves you from going broke and crazy.

SewerSide
01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
so i finally saved up 5.3 million and bought the Mazda 787b race car specifically for the Like the Wind race, and im still loosing

someone was recommending -8 camber, but that sounds excessively high for how stiff these cars are and how little the suspension moves.
what do you guys recommend for car setup?

Have you not acquired the Toyota Minolta yet?
Go for that one, great car.

787b... I have the stealth, been wanting to buy the proper one, mmmm, might do that now, sitting on 9.2 mil atm lol.

StickyRICE
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Have you not acquired the Toyota Minolta yet?
Go for that one, great car.

787b... I have the stealth, been wanting to buy the proper one, mmmm, might do that now, sitting on 9.2 mil atm lol.

What's the deal with these stealth cars anyways.

SewerSide
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
What's the deal with these stealth cars anyways.

Special cars for people that pre-ordered and those who purchased the limited/signature editions or whatever.

I have the Mclaren, 787 and NSX GT500.
All excellent cars.

Manicdan
01-11-2011, 07:35 AM
i ran that NR-A event and got the mazda furia concept whatever thingy and it did feel quite nimble in the 5 minutes i spent playing with it.

benniebeeker
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Special cars for people that pre-ordered and those who purchased the limited/signature editions or whatever.

I have the Mclaren, 787 and NSX GT500.
All excellent cars.

the gt500 is a great car... i would love to use the 787, but its not in the ntsc version of the game... on top of that, you can't gift the stealth cars... my buddy in aussieland that has the game tried to give it to me... they can onl be unlocked with the dlc codes...

StickyRICE
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
What did you guys use for the extreme series touring race, I can't seem to find me a touring car, I and can you use a CLK-GTR for that race maybe someone have one I can borrow.

benniebeeker
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
What did you guys use for the extreme series touring race, I can't seem to find me a touring car, I and can you use a CLK-GTR for that race maybe someone have one I can borrow.

i won the ABT audi tt from getting all gold in the b-spec expert series and used that... it happened to be the "random level 17 car" from that award card...

SewerSide
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
there are some touring cars in the online car dealership atm.
the mercedes CLK is a lot of fun, I use that for the seasonal event race.

StickyRICE
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
there are some touring cars in the online car dealership atm.
the mercedes CLK is a lot of fun, I use that for the seasonal event race.

Yea I bought one and it is pretty good car. I missed a deal on a escudo ugh lol.

benniebeeker
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Yea I bought one and it is pretty good car. I missed a deal on a escudo ugh lol.

i bought it!!! haven't driven it yet though...

SewerSide
01-27-2011, 06:52 AM
tbh, the Escudo isnt that great.. well, compared to the GT4 one.
it accelerates like crazy, but top-end is only around 200kph :(

i bought it!!! haven't driven it yet though...

dude, what are you doing :P
i really cant talk though, 1/2 my cars i havent driven haha!
360+ in total now, maybe 370.

StickyRICE
01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
That sucks about the escudo, what are you guys favorite cars so far? I don't have anything really cool but anyone up for some trading?

SewerSide
01-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Hard to say really, driven a lot and still have a lot I haven't driven.

I really like the X1 for Bspec, 'set it and forget it', so easy to rack up money.

My favorite drift car atm is a Toyota Aristo, in Matte Pink :)

Favorite race car... Rx7, an absolute beast.
Even in drag races, if its <600hp, I win lol.

zanzabar
01-27-2011, 07:06 PM
i just got the game, but why dose my 61 jag have an ecu and no option for a super charger. not vary jag like.

StickyRICE
02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Heck yea finally found a CLK-GTR, not that the car is all that, just didn't think it was in the game at all, then bam it popped up in the used lot lol.

zanzabar
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
what car is recomended for the 79 and earlier in the second to the top set of races. i tried my jag and it did not work so then i figured a countach but that also did not work. and i dont have the 20 mil for a ford or ferrari race car

Manicdan
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
toyota something 7 race car

its in the past few pages of this thread of how to get it and everything

StickyRICE
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Yup definatly toyota 7 you get one by beating IIRC b spec like the wind. It's been a while or just pm me I can send you one.

zanzabar
02-10-2011, 06:28 PM
b-spec makes me want to kill my self, its ether u do nothing and can do something else or u have to baby the bastard and its torture as the guy will not take the inside at all.

Manicdan
02-11-2011, 08:06 AM
yeah bspec seems like you dont have to do anything, other than make sure they dont go too slow. or if your failing its like there is like nothing you can do other than level the guy up and go back to try again.

benniebeeker
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
anyone interested in trading some cars???

i have the following if anyone is interested... this isn't my entire list, just what i think may catch an eye... i may have what you are looking for!!! just ask... CAR DATA BASE LINK (http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php) for quick car info... im looking for level 22+ race cars... let me know what you have!!!!

Premium:

f2007 ferarri - 179 miles and climbing!!!
06 audi r10 tdi race car - 416.9 miles
10 peugeot 908 race car - 0 miles
67 ferrari 330 - 0 miles - stock
67 ford mark iv - 0 miles - stock
66 jaguar xj13 - 0 miles - stock
10 redbull xvetelle - 0 miles - stock
91 mazda 787b - 8 miles - loaded
07 Ferrari Scuderia - 18.3 miles - mid loaded
94 mclaren f1 - 24.7 miles - loaded
10 mclaren mp4-12c - 6.5 miles - stock
09 zonda r - 0 miles - stock
92 ferrari f40 - 90.7 miles - loaded

standard:

89 sauber mercedes race car - 0 miles
67 chaparral 2d racecar - 0 miles - stock
00 sprinter trueno - 125.6 miles - stock
03 bp falken rx7 - 320.1 miles - few low end mods
ford gt lm race car spec II - 0 miles - stock
formula gran turismo - 26.3 miles - stock
00 tvr speed 12 - 40.6 miles - loaded
99 toyota gt1 - 0 miles - can't remember
00 lambo nomad diablo - 873.1 miles - loaded
69 ford gt40 race car - 0 miles - stock
98 escudo - 3366.1 miles - loaded
70 toyota 7 race car - 66.7 miles - loaded
02 audi ttr touring car - 0 miles - loaded
85 lancia delta s4 rally car - 0 miles - stock
08 mazda furai concept - 0 miles - stock
89 toyota minolta race car - 1319 miles - loaded
89 nissan r89c race car - 0 miles - stock

SewerSide
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
i'm interested in the 67 ford mark iv - 0 miles - stock
from whats missing on your list, i can offer:
Mercedes CLK-GTR race car
Bently Speed8 race car
Jaguar XJR race car
BMW V12 LMR race car

Keen?
psn: siffin

SewerSide
02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Way to go Polyphony.....
New update prevents you from trading cars that exceed 1mil credits.....
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thanks a lot dupers:clap:

benniebeeker
02-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Way to go Polyphony.....
New update prevents you from trading cars that exceed 1mil credits.....
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thanks a lot dupers:clap:

when did the update come out?? i was trading cars a few days ago before i left to go on my trip!!!

i'm interested in:

Mercedes CLK-GTR race car
Bently Speed8 race car
BMW V12 LMR race car

i have added plenty more cars to my list... ill update once im back in town...

SewerSide
02-26-2011, 10:01 AM
cool, you want all 3 for the ford?

good news, till end of march i think we can trade 1mil+ cars -_-

zanzabar
02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
u cannot trade cars over a mil as of today, so no luck on that trade. u have to use the loan/barrow system.

and i love how i can set my trans up now but all the races are rolling starts. it sucks.

edit- on b-spec its not as annoying since my guy got lvl 20 or the patch, he nolonger slams on the brakes randomly to slow down when over 210 and he will go side by side.

benniebeeker
03-15-2011, 07:21 PM
cool, you want all 3 for the ford?

good news, till end of march i think we can trade 1mil+ cars -_-

ughhhh i wish i had caught this earlier..... we could have had this DONE before the hit... shows how often i actually check threads here... :cord:

regardless, im not giving up on my car collection yet... i found this from a forum buddy from another site...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

its a yahoo widget that you fire up to run remote b spec races continually as long as your ps3 is running... you can make over a mil a day easily...

zanzabar
03-19-2011, 12:40 AM
i have found that it takes just over 9 24hour bspec races to make gt5 crash and act strange

benniebeeker
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
nah... i have been going strong for days... i find that it helps to have the gt5 webpage open on the same machine that you are running the widget...

zanzabar
03-20-2011, 05:36 PM
nah... i have been going strong for days... i find that it helps to have the gt5 webpage open on the same machine that you are running the widget...

i dont use the widget as i dont log into psn, but i just run the 24hour races since im trying to get the endurance finished and its no work for me to do. so i just check the used cars, change oil in my x2010 and then start it again

zanzabar
03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
they really need to remove the red bull x2010 from the game, its just far to awesome so it makes all of the other cars seam like crap and not entertaining. even the formula GT feels like it sucks now.

benniebeeker
03-26-2011, 09:38 PM
its no fun for me to drive... no fun to kill every race by 1000 laps....

SewerSide
03-27-2011, 05:41 PM
That car nearly ruins the entire game for me.
I just don't understand why they'd put a fake car into a racing sim.
:banana::banana::banana::banana: redbull, :banana::banana::banana::banana: tasting energy drinks for newbs.