PDA

View Full Version : 3.5mm to RCA Problem

[XC] Synthetickiller
11-22-2010, 04:14 PM
:welcome:

I have two JVC HX-Z30 shelf systems. Both are connected to two different PCs.

One is in my room, connected to a GA-H55-USB3 board.

The second is connected to an Intel BOXD525MW nettop I just built.

The system in my room is fine, plays audio VERY well. The second system is not working so well..

I used the same 3.5mm to RCA cable and I only get decent volume from the right speaker. I didn't have time to switch the cable around, but I'd assume it would also give me only good sound from the left.

I hear audio from the other speaker, but it is very quiet. I ran into this in the past, but never could really figure out how to fix it.

How do I get around this? I don't have any usable expansion ports (no pci bracket on this case), so a card is not an option. USB is a possibility, but this should work without needing hardware accelleration outside of onboard audio.

Any ideas? :shrug:

Thanks for reading, I know this was long, but wanted to describe the issue.

[XC] Synthetickiller
11-23-2010, 08:16 AM
I went back and switched the RCA plugs around and I still only get good audio from the right speaker.

Does anyone have any ideas?

THOMO
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Sounds like the sound system is at fault. Can you attach the pc with the cable to another amp or to your other jvc system to see if either of those work ok?

Other than that a pair of headphones plugged in should let you know if 3.5mm port on the nettop is working properly.

STEvil
11-23-2010, 05:35 PM
make sure the jack (and all others that might not be) is fully inserted.

try wiggling the cable a bit, could be a broken jack.

[XC] Synthetickiller
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys. The jack needs to be re-soldered. I have it tapped down now and it works. :up:

Next time I have a break, soldering it is!