PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi Xteme audio problem

THOMO
11-21-2010, 06:05 AM
I recently received a Creative CA20K1 X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio card. The drivers installed perfectly and the card worked flawlessly for about 5 days then started to give me problems.

When I boot my pc sometimes the speaker in my sys-tray has a red X through it and windows says there is a problem with my audio device. If I restart my pc this usually fixes the issue although sometimes two or three restarts are required to fix the problem.

I've checked around but couldn't find much in the way of this precise problem so thought I'd ask here and see if any power-users can shed any light on this?

Any help much appreciated, thanks

THOMO

Donnie27
11-22-2010, 06:35 AM
I recently received a Creative CA20K1 X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio card. The drivers installed perfectly and the card worked flawlessly for about 5 days then started to give me problems.

When I boot my pc sometimes the speaker in my sys-tray has a red X through it and windows says there is a problem with my audio device. If I restart my pc this usually fixes the issue although sometimes two or three restarts are required to fix the problem.

I've checked around but couldn't find much in the way of this precise problem so thought I'd ask here and see if any power-users can shed any light on this?

Any help much appreciated, thanks

THOMO

I hope you don't have the same problem one of my friends had. He had similar issues just before his died! Until then make damned sure the card is seated correctly and that the retaining screw is as tight as possible. Also pull the card and check for damaged or dirty contact pins.

scutzi128
11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
1. Update drivers 2. Try a different slot or if possibly a different computer all together.