PDA

View Full Version : Maxxxpert MX-EVA3 UPDATE!!

OPPAINTER
08-24-2002, 09:31 AM
HI guys,

I need a list of people that got screwed by Maxxxpert with their MX-EVA3. Wether it be that thier unit Broke down or the company just owes you money or what ever problems you've had with this entire MX-EVA3 transaction.
I'm doing a Article kinda sorta:D

Thanks,
OPP

Mentaly
08-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Hi OPP

Sorry for writing here as I dont own a MXeva3, but im curious what is that picture, is it the coolinghead of an Eva that has been
disassembled ??

Menty

OPPAINTER
08-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Its the evaporator, yes the head, but it hasn't been disasembled. This is where it BLEW apart:D Lost me a P4 chip on that one:D

OPP

Leo
08-25-2002, 08:27 PM
As you know mine broke OPP :\. BTW, my dad's friend just got back from his visit to Korea/Maxxxpert.

Not much to say but I'll post back when I have some more time later tonight.

Leo
08-31-2002, 03:11 PM
Well, here's the info on Maxxx as promised. It's a cut and paste from a PM I sent to JC.

The good part is, Maxxxpert appears to still be in business. According to Ted (the family friend), people were coming and going out of the "office" and from his vantage point, he could see what appeared to be a lot of general computer gear.

The bad part is Maxxxpert knows they're screwing people and from the looks of their setup, there's a good chance no one's getting units replaced/money back. According to Ted, when he tried to talk to an employee over at Maxxxpert, they literally slammed the door on him when he pulled out a file containing copies of documented MX-EVA3 problems. Then just like in our e-mails, Maxxxpert employees ignored him :\.

Apparently Maxxxpert is a very small, "sleazy" outfit. The guys running it have setup shop in a lower-class residential area of Seoul. They're VERY small time, much more so than their website would suggest and from all outward appearances, it's a few normal Joes like you and me trying to hawk some crappy products out of their homes. Talking with my dad, he told me even if we filed a class-action lawsuit, Maxxxpert's small, mobile nature and their seemingly limited funds would make a victory pretty much useless.

Leo
09-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Some seemingly good news guys. JC and I have been talking and to all those who've had problems with their MX-EVA3 units. It seems Maxxxpert is now promising to take care of wronged customers one by one.

True, it might be another set of false hopes for us to go on but this time, they actually detailed in some length of how they were going to take care of the situation. Better than nothing right?

killersushi
09-03-2002, 02:46 AM
Hey Opp, nice to hear you still at it. I almost lost hope. Here's a description of what happened to me back then from another post.

----------------------
I feel like telling you that my experience with maxxxpert so far has been about the worst ever since I ordered parts from OCZ about a year ago, not knowing what a shady company they are.

After maxxxpert sent out info to their customers that they are going to stop selling eva's until they get a hang on their quality issues, I have requested to get my money refunded as they offered. Now that has been several weeks ago. I have sent various emails to them, none of which got answered so far. I did not receive my money back either. Now that is no less than 500$ my friends, I don't have this kind of money to throw out to a third class korean company, thus I am very disappointed. And I somehow feel like maxxxpert is going down and I'll never get that money back. Hopefully I'm wrong about it.

Anyway, I recommend people stay away from that company. I even suggest writing about these problems in Oppainters review, as it will lead people to go out and buy one. Just add an edit to the end telling about the quality issues and the obvious problems involved in ordering directly from maxxxpert.
----------------------

bowman1964
09-09-2002, 11:16 AM
hey any body looking to sell one of the broke MX-EVA3 "s???
i could use it for parts and some testing.

killersushi
11-18-2002, 03:27 AM
Weee this one's dusty. Has anyone received their money back from maxxxpert?

|PuNiSh3R|
11-18-2002, 11:56 AM
that evaporator is pretty shwank .. must cost an ass load to make it since it has deep thin channels.. that's hard §§§§ to do on a CNC from what I know.. with the small bits n all that..

aenigma
11-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Pretty swank if you want a piece of §§§§ evaporator.The design is bad....

tombman
11-18-2002, 11:18 PM
maybe you won´t believe me, but i got my money back :)

Hua Luo Han
01-07-2003, 03:42 PM
I recently got an email reply from a korean site regarding my enquiry on the MX-EVA3.......:mad:

Thank you for your e-mail and sorry for our late reply.

Sorry to inform you that currently we do not produce THE CPU freezer, MX-EVA3 at the moment. We will halt production untill we improve the quality and get prepared for Product Liability insurance.

In my opinion, Prometeia is just copy of our MX-EVA3. The customers who bought our product say MX-EVA3 is much better. However, what shall we do? We have no product to sell. If you really need a freezer, you may buy Prometeia.

Best regards.
Paul Song

He wrote about the need to improve quality and then say its better than prommy. what the #@$@#%

BTw guys, I've contacted chip-con but they say not shipping to my country, any other sites can ship here (Singapore) and carries the 230VAC version prommy that u guys know of ? thanks !

PiLsY
01-12-2003, 07:45 PM
www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk carry prometia stock (230 - 240VAC) and ship internationally. Ive no idea of how much shipping would cost though...

PiLsY.

Xenogias
02-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Im curious, but did anyone get a MX-EVA3 and NOT have it break down on them? Is anyone still using one of these units?

DDTUNG
02-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Xenogias
Im curious, but did anyone get a MX-EVA3 and NOT have it break down on them? Is anyone still using one of these units?

I have not one, but two units that are still functional. Maybe time to try my luck with the lottery.:D

DDTUNG:cool: