PDA

View Full Version : Alphacool HF 14 Yellowstone Backplate

sirbaili
11-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys!

I recently Bought Alphacool HF 14 Yellowstone from PPCs.
Of Course I found out that the package comes without backplate,:(only after opening it .
But I suspect(believe) that any good mounting plate from any Air cooler Manufacturer or Water Block manufacturer will fit.
I have a spare mounting backplate for swiftech apogee GTZ and/Or Thermalright TRUE-120.
I saw at original review that Heatkiller backplate will fit but - - -
Any Input or alternative suggestions would be very welcome.:welcome:

Thanks

mingbogo
11-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't see why not as long as the backplate is designed to fit that socket. Make sure it is insulated from the board so it won't short things out.

When I first got my EK HF, I also thought the plate is missing but then after a while I found it under the floam padding, so make sure you remove all the foam pads from the box to see if it is hiding somewhere.

sirbaili
11-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for quick reply * But in this thread:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3886658& - there is no backplate either - so bad luck.
I just wonder, that there is no clear indication of this fact at the shopping sites.

Waterlogged
11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Alphacool doesn't include a back plate because they are horribly out of touch with the liquid cooling community outside of their home base of fanboi's which prefer Über silence, low flow and small tubes. They don't care about performance which then leads to their comp overheating, locking up and then they turn into this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs). ;)

bundymania
11-17-2010, 08:58 AM
You live in the year 2006 or something like that :rolleyes: Optional Backplate costs just 4 EUR. Itīs the fault of the US shop, if they donīt order the plates with the waterblocks. the waterblock itself costs less than 40 EUR and has a quite good performance. not under the top 3 blocks, but for the price itīs ok, also the flowrate is good !

Waterlogged
11-17-2010, 09:05 AM
You live in the year 2006 or something like that :rolleyes: Optional Backplate costs just 4 EUR. Itīs the fault of the US shop, if they donīt order the plates with the waterblocks. the waterblock itself costs less than 40 EUR and has a quite good performance. not under the top 3 blocks, but for the price itīs ok, also the flowrate is good !

If it's so cheap, then why don't they just add it and avoid giving their customers this headache?

sirbaili
11-17-2010, 10:56 PM
So everyone agrees that alternative backplates is ago?

thanks

bundymania
11-18-2010, 06:57 AM
yes !