PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen Monitor?

[XC] Synthetickiller
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know of any good places to buy resistive touch screen monitors?

I can't seem to find any. :shrug:

minhgi
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Synthetickiller;4622264']Does anyone know of any good places to buy resistive touch screen monitors?

I can't seem to find any. :shrug:

What size are you looking at????

HP, LG, ASUS, Dell, Acer brand wise.

Look at my signature...I using an HP one.

desnudopenguino
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.elotouch.com/ (http://www.elotouch.com/) They make high quality touch screens that use capacitive, resistive, IR, and sound interaction systems. They are very high quality and durable.

[XC] Synthetickiller
04-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I ened up finding a cheap 15" touch screen. $200 + shipping. Worked out fairly well.

I'll update with a pic and link.

Btw, it's not the best, but 15" screens run way more than $200, so I lucked out.

desnudopenguino
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Is this just to hook up to a computer, or for a sweet project? I've been wanting to make a table-top RTS computer system for AoE (yeah, I know... it's old) where the players sit across from each other (or in a circle) and play looking down at the screen while discussing battle plans or diplomacy with each other or whatever face to face without screens in the way, hopefully making the gameplay more social.

[XC] Synthetickiller
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, here's the story.

That monitor is mounted on the wall in a back room that's like 10x13. I use this room for all my weightlifting (very cramped).

I got sick of burning songs and having a difficult time finding the right I wanted to listen to. I also wanted access to weather, my online log, even spreadsheets.

I've been using the 15" w/ and w/o a stylus and for the most part, its worked out nearly perfectly. I cannot get the stylus to drag a window to the right or left far enough so that it takes up 1/2 the screen (win 7 trick).

I never burn CDs, I can stream music or even watch a youtube video. It's worked out well and super high end when I change music by touching the screen. :D

desnudopenguino
04-24-2011, 06:11 AM
That's pretty awesome!