PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Help

Hondo=TFD=
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
I just installed ubuntu last night got everything working. Took me a while, but i finally got it lol. The problem I'm having is this, I use facebook and myspace a lot, playing mobsters on myspace and farmville on facebook. When I click on the farmville icon, it just hangs, same with mobsters. I've searched the forums, did some things, removed all flash utilities and reinstalled just adobe flash. I've tried this on FF and Chrome.

I've found the direct link to farmville and I can get in that way, but it's real choppy. Just don't know the work around for this. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

pwolfe
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you might not have your video drivers installed. Proprietary drivers are not installed by default. What type of video card do you have? try clicking from the top menu:

System
--Administration
----Hardware Drivers

and scan for available drivers.

Hondo=TFD=
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Sounds like you might not have your video drivers installed. Proprietary drivers are not installed by default. What type of video card do you have? try clicking from the top menu:

System
--Administration
----Hardware Drivers

and scan for available drivers.

Thanx, i did this :) I have a 9800gtx.

[XC] Oj101
11-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Why can't more people run Ubuntu? To hell with Failbook :rofl:

/sorry for the off topic

I'm running a fresh Ubuntu install (like done in the last hour - 11.04) and it works straight out of the box. HP dv6000 - TurionX2 CPU, Nvidia graphics, blah blah blah.

Maybe install all updates? Hold ALT and press F2, type update-manager -d and press Enter.

Hondo=TFD=
11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Oj101;4622452']Why can't more people run Ubuntu? To hell with Failbook :rofl:

/sorry for the off topic

I'm running a fresh Ubuntu install (like done in the last hour - 11.04) and it works straight out of the box. HP dv6000 - TurionX2 CPU, Nvidia graphics, blah blah blah.

Maybe install all updates? Hold ALT and press F2, type update-manager -d and press Enter.

I've ran all the updates last night. Still nothing lol

Hondo=TFD=
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Flash works fine, like videos and things like that. It's just these two apps.